Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:31 am

Taking it to 2/2 would be far too much. Making them 2/3 though, with the same Battlecries, I think would work. (Health of minions tends to be more important than attack for controlling the board.)

Shattered Sun Cleric is probably the least in need of changing of the three. Defender of Argus and Dark Iron Dwarf are clearly overbudgeted (5/5 and 6/4 for 4).

I might argue for:
- SSC unchanged
- DoA 2/3, same Battlecry
- Dark Iron Dwarf and Stormpike Commando switch costs (4/4 +2 attack for 5 mana, 4/2 +2 damage for 4 mana)

I'll tell you one card I've started to appreciate lately - though I'd not use it in constructed outside of Priest - and that's Injured Blademaster. 4/3 for 3 mana is good value, though you have to avoid letting it trade with 3/2 2-drops.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:14 pm

Changes for next patch:
Shattered Sun Cleric is now a 3/2 (was a 3/3)
Argent Commander is now a 4/2 (was a 4/3)
Flame Imp’s Battlecry now deals 3 damage (up from 2)
Mind Control’s mana cost is now 10 (up from 8)
Starving Buzzard is now a 2/1 (was a 2/2)
Unleash the Hounds has been reworked and now reads: “(4) For each enemy minion, summon a 1/1 Hound with Charge”.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:42 pm

Yikes, big nerf for the Commander. And Unleash the Hounds becomes a pretty weak AoE. Wonder if the Hunter class will manage now that it's lost its main winning strategy.

Edit: Just seen someone pointing out the combo potential of the new Unleash the Hounds. The new spell will interact with Starving Buzzard for card draw, it'll trigger things like Knife Juggler, could be used alongside the "+attack to beasts" minions, and killing the Hounds would work with the Hyena and things like Cult Master. Could actually work well.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Kai » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:49 pm

feels like the changes don't do enough. every minion based deck will still run 2 copies of each cleric, defender, dwarf and commander. and those cards will still be a massive reason to play such decks. would've loved to see the defender take a hit as well at least.
Kai

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:03 pm

Defender of Argus very much should have. I suspect the only reason it didn't is that it's a Rare, which means less casual players actually have two of them in their decks, so they're not showing up as a problem on a wide scale in their stats.

I think the Unleash the Hounds change would be good if it didn't depend on the number of minions your opponent has played, and it might be too expensive at 4 mana. "Summon 3 1/1 Hounds with Charge" for 3 mana? It's like a Frostbolt, but costs more and interacts with lots of other cards...

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:21 pm

I hate murloc decks.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Kai » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:16 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I think the Unleash the Hounds change would be good if it didn't depend on the number of minions your opponent has played, and it might be too expensive at 4 mana. "Summon 3 1/1 Hounds with Charge" for 3 mana? It's like a Frostbolt, but costs more and interacts with lots of other cards...

yeah, I don't see that card being decent either. it's bad if your opponent doesn't have 3+ minions out. and if that's the case, you are most likely in trouble. I guess turn 6 knife juggler +unleash or buzzard + unleash could get you back in the game if you're behind, although with buzzard not even sure. you get to draw some cards, but might not even get the time to use them if your opponent is that far ahead on the board. and the 1/1s probably won't change that fact.
Kai

Postby Sagara » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:09 am

Kai wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:I think the Unleash the Hounds change would be good if it didn't depend on the number of minions your opponent has played, and it might be too expensive at 4 mana. "Summon 3 1/1 Hounds with Charge" for 3 mana? It's like a Frostbolt, but costs more and interacts with lots of other cards...

yeah, I don't see that card being decent either. it's bad if your opponent doesn't have 3+ minions out. and if that's the case, you are most likely in trouble. I guess turn 6 knife juggler +unleash or buzzard + unleash could get you back in the game if you're behind, although with buzzard not even sure. you get to draw some cards, but might not even get the time to use them if your opponent is that far ahead on the board. and the 1/1s probably won't change that fact.

Honestly, had they made the Hounds 3/1 Chargers, it still would be far from OP - who honestly keeps more than 3 minions on the board? Well okay, maybe Pallies and Shammies, but even then that'd be a learning experience for the Pally/Sham.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Kai » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:45 am

Kai

Postby Worldie » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:51 am

Hearthstone: The only game where they don't nerf mages. (and paladins)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:24 am

New patch is live in US, coming to EU tomorrow. It brings the updated Ranked Play system announced at Blizzcon, the change to Arena to bring it up to 12 matches from 9, the gold cap, the ability to abandon one quest a day (you get a random new quest), and the announced card changes.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:12 am

There needs to be a reason to play against friends. Why have a friends list at all otherwise?

My proposal is a best of 5, or 7, arena tournament.

Invite your friend to play. The winner receives either 20 gold or a single card. The loser gets 10 gold, no chance of a card. That's not per hand but per tournament. The rewards would respect the 100 gold cap from Play mode and you would be limited to 5 victories per day but unlimited friend arena play.

Posted this to the official US forums and of course everyone's focus was on the rewards and why do you need a reason to play against your friends?

Rewards can be adjusted and worked out, shocker and that's why I made the post, but the current set up makes it the same as max play mode winnings. Reason to play your friend is that there is literally no reason to play them at all, one WoW guild has zero desire to do random match making but can't really progress without doing it so he won't play. WoW has a big focus on getting back to playing with your friends, Hearthstone could have some of that injected into it.

So what are your thoughts and suggestions?
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:22 am

How much incentive does there need to be? It's a competitive card game, if people want to play against friends they will.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:05 am

I heard legends of people playing for fun. Read something about it in some Egyptian tomb.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:04 am

While it would be nice... it would be abused by some to get "free" rewards (which I'm sure is why you suggested limits.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games