Warlords of Draenor

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Worldie » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:32 am

Yep on EU on Twisting Nether horde (tecnically best horde server EU atm)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Thels » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:40 am

Also keep in mind that Flex was two levels below the highest difficulty level, so the people that actually put an effort into pugging it usually didn't care about making it slightly more or less difficult.

In Warlords, one level below the highest difficulty level will also be Flexible, so groups might struggle with it some more. Therefor, reducing these breakpoints will be more important.

I do imagine they could create a slightly higher ilvl gap between the different difficulty levels from the very start, so that next tiers can still be quite a bit of an upgrade without being an interesting upgrade for higher difficulty levels. For the first tier in each expansion, that will not be an option.

Alternatively, they could start to consider some more serious solution. For example, if you kill boss X on a certain difficulty level, then next week, you will not be eligible for loot for boss X on all lower difficulty levels (as if you looted the boss at the start of the week).

On an unrelated note, how many people that originated on Bloodscalp remain on Twisting Nether?
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Sagara » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:05 am

Thels wrote:Also keep in mind that Flex was two levels below the highest difficulty level, so the people that actually put an effort into pugging it usually didn't care about making it slightly more or less difficult.

In Warlords, one level below the highest difficulty level will also be Flexible, so groups might struggle with it some more. Therefor, reducing these breakpoints will be more important.

I do imagine they could create a slightly higher ilvl gap between the different difficulty levels from the very start, so that next tiers can still be quite a bit of an upgrade without being an interesting upgrade for higher difficulty levels. For the first tier in each expansion, that will not be an option.

Alternatively, they could start to consider some more serious solution. For example, if you kill boss X on a certain difficulty level, then next week, you will not be eligible for loot for boss X on all lower difficulty levels (as if you looted the boss at the start of the week).

On an unrelated note, how many people that originated on Bloodscalp remain on Twisting Nether?

I like that concept, but there needs checks and balances or you're going to create serious stress. What happens when your top healer can't make it that week, and you can't repeat that kill on the progression boss? Though love, baby, no downgrading to gear up alts/backups.

I'd honestly say - I'm stumped.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Thels » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:25 am

Sagara wrote:I like that concept, but there needs checks and balances or you're going to create serious stress. What happens when your top healer can't make it that week, and you can't repeat that kill on the progression boss? Though love, baby, no downgrading to gear up alts/backups.

I'd honestly say - I'm stumped.

Ehh, let's see here.

Let's assume we're talking about a guild that can clear the 6 boss raid instance on mythic since week 12. They did a full clear on week 13 and 14. On week 15, they killed the first 3 bosses, and then stopped for whatever reason, and are unable to continue killing any bosses.

They would be unable to clear the instance on heroic during week 15. Well, technically, they could, but since everyone killed the boss on Mythic during week 14, they won't get any Heroic gear during week 15.

However, they can go in during week 16, and receive loot from the last 3 bosses, as they didn't kill them on mythic during week 15. In addition, they can clear the entire instance on mythic again.

So it basically shifts a week.

I'm also thinking that, for it to work, it would be better to go 1 difficulty level per week, rather than all 3 difficulty levels during one week.

Basically, that would create the following shared loot lockout:
Mythic during week N
Heroic during week N+1
Normal during week N+2
LFR during week N+3

Since you can't go back in time (pun intended), you never have to worry about killing bosses on a certain difficulty level screwing you out of loot from higher difficulty levels, so you don't have to worry about "Can I do Normal today, or do I hope to join a Heroic run tomorrow?".

The only downside is that it might be unclear and unintuitive, so it would require Blizzard making quite clear what bosses people can and cannot loot during this week.

Another, perhaps easier way to look at it, instead of a weekly reset on all the loot, every boss only resets loot on the highest difficulty level that needs resetting.

During week 1, all 6 bosses are eligible for loot on all 4 difficulties. (Not much can be done about that, except pushing LFR to week 2.)

Say you kill all 6 bosses on normal, and kill the first 3 bosses on heroic. You also join some friends and kill the first boss on mythic. At the end of the week, your loot eligibility is:

1st boss: LFR
2nd boss: LFR, Mythic
3rd boss: LFR, Mythic
4th boss: LFR, Heroic, Mythic
5th boss: LFR, Heroic, Mythic
6th boss: LFR, Heroic, Mythic

Then, when the next week starts, each boss resets on the highest difficulty level. Boss 1 resets on Mythic difficulty level, bosses 2 and 3 on Heroic, and bosses 4 to 6 on Normal, so at the start of the second week, your loot eligibility would be:

1st boss: LFR, Mythic
2nd boss: LFR, Heroic, Mythic
3rd boss: LFR, Heroic, Mythic
4th boss: LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic
5th boss: LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic
6th boss: LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic

Now, assuming you're at week 12. You cleared Mythic difficulty, and you killed every single boss on every single difficulty level this week, so you're not eligible for loot for anything. On week 13, you're only eligible for loot for Mythic for all 6 bosses.

But you're taking a well-deserved vacation on week 13, and don't kill any bosses. On week 14, you're eligible for loot for Mythic and for Heroic for all 6 bosses.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Flex » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Io.Draco wrote:
Worldie wrote:Well the few flex pugs I joined just aimed for a proper setup hardly cared about the number.

You are still playing on EU though right?

I've played a few flex raids so far, no one cared about size...but I guess Americans would do it ( they generally care more about stuff like that ).

Yea, that never happens on the EU realms.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Winkle » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:26 am

WTF Thels, that's literally the most complicated lock out system ever devised.
Winkle

Postby Winkle » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:33 am

Darielle wrote:When the Dark Portal Opened, King Rastakhan send his Zandalari to invade the portal and claim this new world as a new home to replace their dying one. In a silent and deadly strike, they took control of the portal and sent in an army to pave the way.

These Zandalar were forever changed by this SAVAGE world to become SAVAGE trolls. They also allied with the Gronn, who wished to be free of the Iron Horde. Because Gruul.

I love Trolls
I love this
I love Darielle :o
Winkle

Postby Fetzie » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:38 am

Yeah, that lockout system would be impossible to explain. It's hard enough explaining to somebody why they didn't get any Titan Runestones from Sha of Pride.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Thels » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:41 am

The HC instance lockouts right now are more complex than that. :P

Anyhow, I posted that idea 2 months ago, but I still think it's the most "Clean" way to handle the lockouts, letting everyone play at whatever level suits best for them without having to run lower levels every week, and still not miss out on a single piece of loot.

The rule itself is very simple and short: "Every week, each boss resets the loot lockout on the most difficult level upon which it was locked out."

Explaining the result of those rules might be a little unclear, but I think there would be quite an easy way to make it clear. Provide a panel that lists all bosses for the expansion, sorted with the most recently added raid instance (or world bosses) at the top of the list, then add 4 columns, one for each difficulty level, so each boss has 4 icons behind it. A green icon indicates that you are eligible for loot from that boss. A red icon indicates that you are no longer eligible for loot from that boss. An orange icon indicates that you are no longer eligible for loot from that boss during this week, but you will become eligible for loot from that boss during the next week (assuming you don't kill the boss on higher difficulty levels before the end of the next week.

Mythic of course has instance lockout on top of loot lockout, but since Mythic is the most difficult level, Mythic loot lockout would always reset, so this would not be an issue.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:06 pm

Not happening anyway.

Remember Blizzard's stance about the lockouts: It's *your* problem if you want to run lower difficulties for minimal upgrades. Blizzard expects that if you are a Mythic raider, you only run Mythic and don't care about lower difficulties.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:19 pm

Worldie wrote:Not happening anyway.

Remember Blizzard's stance about the lockouts: It's *your* problem if you want to run lower difficulties for minimal upgrades. Blizzard expects that if you are a Mythic raider, you only run Mythic and don't care about lower difficulties.

Every time Blizzard tried to protect players from themselves they get bitched at so why would they try to limit raid and loot lockouts beyond the once per week per difficulty system?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:58 pm

Exactly. They had put the daily limit in place for the same reason you remember? What we got with Cata? People QQing that they couldn't do all the dailies they wanted.
So Blizzard said screw you, we remove the limit, do ALL the dailies you want and don't complain if you hurt yourself

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby jere » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:01 pm

Not to mention being able to do your progression stuff at the high level and still be able to hop on a lower difficulty later on to help out a friend or two or just hang.
jere

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:23 pm

Worldie wrote:Exactly. They had put the daily limit in place for the same reason you remember? What we got with Cata? People QQing that they couldn't do all the dailies they wanted.
So Blizzard said screw you, we remove the limit, do ALL the dailies you want and don't complain if you hurt yourself

That said, it wasn't a good idea to have a reputation grind hid behind another reputation grind, just saying.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:07 pm

if we had access to all the reps at once, and the GL wasnt 20 quests a day by itself..it probably wouldnt have been as bad

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

PreviousNext

Return to General