Remove Advertisements

MT Group Composition, Paladin Style

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Thels » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:22 am

Our RL always puts the Resto shammy in the MT group. Kinda a waste actually, but I benefit from it, since I'm in that MT group, either tanking on healing. Some practically all our Druids are dreamstate, most of the time we can't put a tree in there, so it's something like

Warrior
Warrior
Paladin
Lock
Shaman

Sometimes put in a feral druid, though he's usually grouped with two rogues, a hunter and an enhancement shaman.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Joanadark » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:50 pm

I actually, like i do most things, tend to go with something very unorthadox.

Protection Paladin (me. JoL, Devotion Aura)
Hybrid Spec Warrior (Commanding Shout, responsibility: Demo Shout + Thunderclap + 5 Sunders, yes, you heard me)
Retribution Paladin (Imp JoCru, Sanctity Aura, taking over my SoV stack so I can switch to SoR)
Affliction Warlock
Shadow Priest

Shadow preist? he's better used elsewhere, like with mages...

does nobody have any locks in their guilds that ARENT brain-dead or something?
the longer the fight, the greater the benefit the locks receive over mages from having the shadow priest in their group. And if it isnt a long endurance fight, why does it matter in the first place?
also, please note Shadow Vulnerability + Shadow Weaving.

Ignus wrote:Also, I don't know if it still works, but I could start a vengance stack and he could keep it up with all the threat attributed to me.

still true. see inclusion of retadin above

I'm a huge fan of rediculously taking to extremes the advantages we actually DO posses, including, as you can see above, threat.

that said, I find that there is better use for our enhancement and elemental shamans and our feral druidic kitty cats elsewhere in the raid.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Jaydin » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:17 am

Solthas wrote:My 'Optimal' group with me MT

Me, Tanking
Shadow Priest
Resto Shaman or Druid
Aff warlock
Rogue

I like having a rogue for stuns, and the others for my healing preferences and crazy +stamina.

Anyone else abhor mages? Whenever I get a mage for non-heroics they just annoy me to no end. Sure, they have good aoe, but they either are too timid to aoe actively, too aoe-crazy and die, or do stupid crap like frost nova mobs next to the healer after I've taunted. Or in front of/surrounding me so I can be hit from behind, or the mobs turn on melee dps. Or they actually use polymorph in non-heroics with a pally tank and strong healer. Or... Enough. I only group with pug mages willingly because they give me free water now.

thats why my mage has stam gear ^_^ lower mana pool but man i can go crazy with my aoe madness and live to tell the tale :-D
Jaydin

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations