Warlords of Draenor

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby jere » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:29 pm

Thels wrote:That is actually the biggest reason I disagree with Jere that heroic/mythic doesn't need better stats. If mythic had better looks, but not better stats, every top-end guild would have to farm all three modes on each char until the end of times, because that normal-warforged/socketed piece would be better than that mythic piece without warforged/socket. It would be serious disaster for them.

To be fair, I never said that was my stance. I asked if they didn't need better stats. Only discussion, nothing more. I'm not a heroic raider anymore so I don't have much of a horse in the race. Only trying to think outside the box was all.
jere

Postby Nooska » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:34 am

What if mythic wasn't a full tier ahead, but only *forged ahead in ilvl (or rather, guaranteed *forged and same base ilvl)?
That would eliminate th eneed for doublerunning to double the chances of the *forged item dropping?

(I'll note I have no skin in the game in regards to lowering the ilvl of mythic, just trying to reply to the concern that arose on Jere's question)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Thels » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:36 am

It was an idea you brought up, though. Perhaps I should've worded it differently, but it was in no way meant as an accusation.

Either way, I think it's a bad idea, because of the separate lockouts. If the lockouts weren't separate, I might've agreed with it.

And Nooska, I don't think you're right there, either. If Mythic would be the same base ilvl, but guaranteed Warforged, then you'd still run Heroic, because Heroic can still drop Warforged as well, thus more chances to get the right loot.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Nooska » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:38 am

True that.
Main Characters:

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Newsom » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:04 am

Yeah, the only thing I hate about WoD so far is the new lockout system. Not looking forward to running all difficulties at least twice (probably more) every week at the start of the tier... it has been bad enough this expansion. At least the first instance only has 6 bosses.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Nooska » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:52 am

What am I missing right now? why at least twice?
Main Characters:

Nooska

Postby lythac » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:31 am

Heroic and Mythic are separate lockouts. No more toggling between difficulties.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Nooska » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:32 am

Yeah, I get that, I'm just wondering why Newsom is saying "[run] all difficulties at least twice (probably more) every week" - I get the concern of running all diff every week at the beginning (gearing up and what not), but running all of them twice per week - what am I overlooking here?
Main Characters:

Nooska

Postby Sagara » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:57 am

At the very high levels, people tend to have multiple toons ready and available for stacking purposes (most basic example is, say melee vs ranged)
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Thels » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:50 am

Heh, when I first read that, I thought he said dungeons. Perhaps he meant dungeons and just goofed up? Or perhaps he is worried about keeping a geared alt?
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:12 am

He's worried about having to keep MORE than a single alt geared.

Each alt = run again all 4 difficulties.

Having treckie in my friendlist, I can see him always running Flex LFR and normal/hc on several alts during the week as well. I guess it's for fun though considering it's the last tier :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Io.Draco » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:13 am

Maybe he's getting in BiS gear to be as ready as possible for Warlords release? Would not surprise me.

Oh the insanity of modern day World First raiding.
Io.Draco

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:16 am

Well considering all the gear will be resetted with leveling, I wouln't know so I think he's just enjoying the well deserved holidays :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Darielle » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:44 pm

Nooska wrote:Yeah, I get that, I'm just wondering why Newsom is saying "[run] all difficulties at least twice (probably more) every week" - I get the concern of running all diff every week at the beginning (gearing up and what not), but running all of them twice per week - what am I overlooking here?

Because you can use your mains on infinite runs, it'll work out where you can have severly stacked raids to funnel loot better, using mains to speed up each time.

Let's say that you can adjust your raid comp so that 6 people cover all loot needs.

- Run raid with 6 mains and funnel loot to them.
- Run raid with 6 new mains, the 6 existing mains, funnel loot to new mains.
- Run raid with 6 new mains, 12 existing mains, funnel loot to new mains.
- RUn raid with 6 new mains, 14 existing mains, funnel loot to new mains.
- Run raid with any new mains left + primary alts, 14 existing mains, funnel loot.

Repeat per mode (Heroic and Normal - Mythic won't work this way).

The difference now is that where Normal and Heroic are "the same raid", and because you can only take one character to the raid at the same time, it limits the number of times you personally are inside, on the same character, doing the same old shit. Myself, by around the 3rd time, I'd be bored and wondering if I could solo tank Blackfuse in Blues.

Trolls aren't native to Draenei, so we won't see a lot of Troll NPCs.

When the Dark Portal Opened, King Rastakhan send his Zandalari to invade the portal and claim this new world as a new home to replace their dying one. In a silent and deadly strike, they took control of the portal and sent in an army to pave the way.

These Zandalar were forever changed by this SAVAGE world to become SAVAGE trolls. They also allied with the Gronn, who wished to be free of the Iron Horde. Because Gruul.
Darielle

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:15 pm

Stop giving them ideas >_<

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General