Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Aubade » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:48 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I've started getting matched up with the same player twice in a row in Ranked. Last night I played a Druid twice in a row, won both. This morning I played the same Priest twice, lost one then won one.

(Damn that Priest was annoying. Long slow games, somehow couldn't seem to counter his high health buffed minions. And Thoughtsteal continues to be a very annoying card.)

Also, I've received a friend request from a name I don't recognise at all. This is the only place I've posted my battle.net tag, so if it's one of you folks, speak up.

Is it Awbade? haha
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:43 pm

So today I'm coming up against nothing but Priests and Druids, and losing to all of them. :/

My daily is "win 7 games", and I'm not getting very far on it.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Andurin » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:16 am

Had quite a fun arena draft. Ended up as a hunter with 4x unleash the hounds and 4x the bird that lets your draw a card when you summon another beast. Now I just gotta check how good those 2 cards combine with the 3 snake traps I drafted ^^' Anyone knows? The buzzard + snake trap = 3 cards?
Andurin

Postby Shamora » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:39 am

Andurin wrote:The buzzard + snake trap = 3 cards?

Indeed
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:16 am

Gaaaah. I can't seem to win anything right now. Went 1/3 in Arena last night, lost most of my matches in Ranked. This morning lost 3 consecutive ranked matches.

Worst thing is, people joke all the time about how there's nobody playing Priests at high rank, and yet I keep getting matched with Priests and can't beat a single one of them.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:43 am

Horrible, horrible drafts last night, had to settle on Rogue then Priest for 3/3 and 2/3.

At least some good came out of it:
a) I'm FINALLY out of Gold for a new arena until... I'm done with today's quest :(
b) my packs got me a Tirion \o/
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:16 am

Celebrating being out of gold when I can't earn enough to do arena more than once every few days. Bah.

My luck's turned back round. I fixed my Druid deck, which has become pretty fun to play, and I switched my Mage deck to a very similar one from elsewhere to see if it worked better. Seems it does.

Re: the Druid deck, I'm still debating whether to drop Cenarius for something smaller. I've used it to good effect once or twice, but a lot of the time I hold back.

Might also drop one or both of the "give a minion 2/2 and Taunt" cards. I'm learning buff cards aren't so valuable, after one match where I got two Innervates in my hand early and couldn't recover from it (I now only run 1 Innervate), and another where my opponent had two cards that grant +attack and after 4-5 turns just gave up and buffed my minions rather than drag the fight out. Having too many buff spells in the deck can really kill your game if you draw them instead of minions.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:28 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Might also drop one or both of the "give a minion 2/2 and Taunt" cards. I'm learning buff cards aren't so valuable, after one match where I got two Innervates in my hand early and couldn't recover from it (I now only run 1 Innervate), and another where my opponent had two cards that grant +attack and after 4-5 turns just gave up and buffed my minions rather than drag the fight out. Having too many buff spells in the deck can really kill your game if you draw them instead of minions.

I get you on buff cards - I'm already trying to tighten as much as I can my Pal deck, but between Consec, Equality, LoH, and Avenging Wrath, there's room for at most one buff. At most.

Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:40 am

I think the weakness of the cards is even more noticable when you have things like Defender of Argus around.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:55 am

Paladin buffs are sort of a survival thing. If you can survive the initial rush and buff up something silly like a Silver Hand Recruit, or a stealth minion, with a Kings and a Might you can lay some hurt out quickly. But that also relies on getting a good draw of consecrates, equality, charge cards, etc in your hand early to keep board control neutral to slightly in your favor.

Not sure how viable that is with the current meta but I like it because when it works and you win after being down 30 health to 6 it is pretty awesome.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:03 am

Had a game the other day (I think in arena) where a priest MC'd my 6/5 taunt guy before I got a chance to finish him off with it... so I did what any rational person would do... buffed it up, played the secret that deals damage to them when I take damage... then attacked my own creature (with my equipped weapon). I bet it confused the hell out of them before the secret triggered :lol:.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:56 pm

Weeeeell, constructed has changed a lot in the last couple of weeks... With slow Paladins and Priests and Mage being dominant, there's a crapton of speedy aggro decks of all stripes.

Had to completely review my deck - lots of 2,3,4s with high value and only 3 cards at 6 or more. Had removed Truesilver because 4 weapons, but consider how much of a fight swinger it can be, it'll probably go right back in...

Sagara

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:26 pm

I like the weapon that gives your creatures +1/+1 when summoned. I generally avoid attacking with that one and just let it pump my other guys. Getting a 2/2 from the paladin power (at a minimum) isn't horrible.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:01 am

I'm rolling with both actually ^^0

Sagara

Postby Kai » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:26 am

from what I can see, constructed is dominated by aggressive warlock decks. lots of 1-2 drops and then all the 'value' stuff at 3+, shattered sun, dark iron dwarf, defender, commander plus soul fire. sometimes it runs hellfire or shadowflame, I guess to have an edge in the mirror.
I'm mostly playing rogue or warlock control. the aggressive deck plays more like an arena deck, not much fun. it's good and all, but there's no plan behind it. just drops powerful minions, feels like an aggressive red deck or affinity in magic. never liked these either.
Kai

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games