TBC Protadin need help !

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

TBC Protadin need help !

Postby Dolan » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:14 am

At first, sorry for "old question" but i search whole archive and doesnt found, what i need to know.
I play on private TBC server, blizzlike, and need advice from you, epxperienced paladins !

I loot t6 head yesterday, and iam confussed what epic gem i should use in yellow socket. And what epic gems put in red and blue.

ignore socket bonus and stack +10dodge? i play generaly avoidance protpal

My unbuff stats are:

15k HP
17k Armor
22% dodge
16% parry
29% block

Cavo (with Holy Shield): 114

Sorry for old question from old datadisk, but please someone, search in your memories, and help me!

So much thank you :)
Dolan

Re: TBC Protadin need help !

Postby Dawnkeep » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:54 am

If I remember correctly you want 102.4% avoidance with Holy shield up adding I think a 6% chance for the boss to hit you so something like

6% miss + parry + dodge + block then the rest stamina that's if I remember right its been a long time
Dawnkeep

Postby twilytgardnfaery » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:10 am

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5))

That SHOULD return your uncrush. 102.4% is the correct number. Don't remember BC era gemming well enough to give direct advice, but the data from that string should give you the advice you need about what to gem.
twilytgardnfaery

Postby Darrak » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:46 am

gem def, until uncrit
gem avoidance~def>stam(try getting some socket bonuses) until uncrush
else gem stam everywhere(+12/15)
Darrak

Postby Thels » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:49 am

Get to 490 Defense to get uncritable.

Then get to 102.4% Miss/Dodge/Parry/Block to get uncrushable. You have free 5% Miss, and you lose 0.6% Miss/Dodge/Parry/Block because the boss is 3 levels higher than you. So your listed Dodge%, Parry%, Block% and Miss% from Defense must add up to 97.4%. Don't forget to pop Holy Shield, and get the Libram that boosts Holy Shield by over 5%.

Block is the best way to get to uncrushable, followed by Defense, followed by Dodge, followed by Parry.

If you've got T6 gear, you probably can make it by gemming Stamina in blue sockets, Stamina/Defense in yellow sockets and Stamina/Dodge in red sockets (I might have swapped the colors of Defense and Dodge).

If that doesn't get you to uncrittable or uncrushable, start using full Defense gems in yellow sockets, Stamina/Defense gems in blue sockets and Dodge/Defense gems in red sockets until you reach both uncrittable and uncrushable.

If it gets you way past uncritable and uncrushable, start gemming full Stamina in yellow or red sockets with bonuses other than Stamina.
ImageImage
Thels

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice