Remove Advertisements

Breaking Bad

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Breaking Bad

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:34 am

I'm like... years late to this party. Started watching Breaking Bad last month and devoured all five seasons in the span of about four weeks (and it only actually took that long because I tried to draw out the last season as long as possible because I just didn't want it to end).

So the next step was to order the Blu-ray box set.

It just arrived. /pets it

And it has commentaries on every single episode. My level of excitement is off the charts right now. OFF THE CHARTS.

/squeals
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Re: Breaking Bad

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:50 am

Oh, yeah, I totally forgot the final season DVD was coming out. Will buy tomorrow, I guess!

Yeah, this is easily the best TV drama I've ever watched. Amazing television, and just keeps getting better. The first half of season five is a really incredible example of just constantly ratcheting up the tension with each episode. It almost got difficult to watch the sustained tension over that long, but thankfully they slowed it down again at just the right point for episode 8.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:02 pm

ill..uh..brb

i need to update my xmas wish list!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:35 am

objectively fantastic television...

much like The Wire...

also a show about drugs...

x_x
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:35 am

this thread is now for gifs

Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Amirya » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:56 am

I have not seen this...

From all I've heard about, it's about a drug dealer? No thank you.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:06 pm

It's about a chemistry teacher who becomes a meth cook in order to pay for cancer treatment... and then it goes much further than that. It's really a character study of the gradual transformation of an average man into a reprehensible villain, driven by his own pride, bitterness and arrogance. Bryan Cranston's acting in the role - most of the acting in the show, in fact - is brilliant (Anthony Hopkins even wrote him a gushing fan letter, calling it "the best acting I have seen—ever").
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:59 pm

Amirya wrote:I have not seen this...

at the most basic level...yes

it is SOOO much more though
i strongly suggest you and cody watch at least one season, and keep in mind it gets better as you go on

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:52 pm

Amirya wrote:I have not seen this...

I thought the same. I ignored my boss at work raving about this show for the past year because I thought there was no way I'd be interested.

Good grief was I ever wrong.

And now after the show is already over, I wish I had been part of the madness as it happened live. I like a lot of TV shows, but I haven't been this RABID about a show in what feels like a very, VERY long time.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Sabindeus wrote:this thread is now for gifs

I see you that and raise you:

I also really want this shirt, but where the hell would I wear it? And I'm not overly keen on profanity on shirts.

Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:15 pm

Well, maybe I'll watch it. Currently working through roommate's Supernatural catch up (just started season 6), and I'm rereading some old books for the hell of it.

No promises from me. (Of course, another part of the time is my mother watching movies that include blowing shit up of all sorts - vehicles, buildings, planes, people - and her laughing hysterically at them all.)
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:16 pm

Amirya wrote:Well, maybe I'll watch it. Currently working through roommate's Supernatural catch up (just started season 6), and I'm rereading some old books for the hell of it.

No promises from me. (Of course, another part of the time is my mother watching movies that include blowing shit up of all sorts - vehicles, buildings, planes, people - and her laughing hysterically at them all.)

Ugh. I restarted Supernatural myself... only made it to the second season as it was live and then just got bored. This time I made it to the start of Season 6 (or maybe it's 7) and I haven't touched it in about a month although it's all sitting downloaded and ready to watch.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:51 pm

Sam is not my favorite character. At all. He reminds me of Luke Skywalker, and I wanted to take Luke out back and flog him for being a whiny bitch.

No, my current favorites are Castiel and Crowley. Because Misha Collins has a hilarious and expressive face, and Crowley is just such a good bad guy to me.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:11 pm

I used to run a Jensen Ackles website so I'm a bit partial to him!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:17 pm

Oh yes, Dean breaks many bad things. :mrgreen:

Now that I've hijacked your thread, I must add that I am very partial to Mark Sheppard at present. I love me a good villain who is neither black nor white.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum