Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Andurin » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:33 am

And there goes the monk to level 90 to. Also, since they changed the raf thingies to an ingame thing, I saw I had a spare reward :o No idea where it came from, but I got the new flying thing ^^ (Also started a new raf with my gf to finally get a 2 seater mount aswell :p but we are "only" level 50 after about 5 hours playing... :roll: )
Andurin
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:45 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:45 am

Sagara wrote:It's hypocrytical humor, don't sweat it.

oh i know :)
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7411
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Nooska » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:13 am

Sagara wrote:The first Arena run is free, but i'd suggest getting your ass kicked a few times in Unranked mode to get and idea of what you like. And a bit of reading to catch up on the advanced concepts like BREAD if you're not a big CCG fan.

I played a good deal of TG back in the day (yikes, thats along time ago), so I got the basics down (Hearthstone seems a good deal less involved) - but "BREAD"?

Also, what I seem to need currently is to learn what tricks I can come up against (and the balance between fast play and hard play in regards to minions). I'm the guy who always needed a spare table for my MTG deck (well figuratively speaking) - I keep running into too much lowcost or not getting stuff when I need it.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1561
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Sagara » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:26 am

BREAD is a priority system for Draft, it stands for:

Bomb - the cards that win the game. Think the big killer Legendaries and stuff.
Removal - cards that can stop Bombs dead in their tracks. Silences, minion killer, the works.
Evasion management - things that impede the enemy's minion from hitting your face, or allows you to bypass those evasive manoeuvers. Taunts are the big ones, Freezes are another one. Silences could count as an anti-evasion.
Another version lists Efficiency here: things that are above their cost in value (Chillwind Yeti).
Aggro/Abilities - things that hurt, one way or another. Knife Juggler is the poster child here.
Dregs - the rest.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3453
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Nooska » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:22 am

So going through an arena draft or a "suggets cards" in make your own set, I should follow BREAD from left to right (in general) - so I should always pick up Gelbin Mekkatoque for instance (iin the make your own deck - I would surmise that he will never show up in an arena draft).

(talking about this, aren't we enough HS'ers by now that we sorta need a specific thread for this (like we have for pet battles and MTG)?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1561
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:17 pm

It's in the Other Games forum. And no, Gelbin Mekkatorque is a pretty weak legendary.

I used this as a guide when I first started on Arena drafts. Only covers Common neutral cards, but the reasoning helped me.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6988
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Amirya » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:30 pm

Andurin wrote:Also, since they changed the raf thingies to an ingame thing, I saw I had a spare reward :o No idea where it came from, but I got the new flying thing ^^ (Also started a new raf with my gf to finally get a 2 seater mount aswell :p but we are "only" level 50 after about 5 hours playing... :roll: )

Same here, extra reward.

Was tempted by the Nightwing thing, but since I already have the crotch-rocket, I haggled it out about the pets. Got the gold piggy because the only other place to get it was from Chinese servers, for one week (Christmas to New Years, I think). Back in 07 or 08.

And the silver piggy was a little too white.
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3994
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:47 pm

Commencing extra long weekend. Most of which will be sitting around at home relaxing to use up some holidays before year's end, but Sunday I'll actually be heading off to a comic con, and also having lunch with old friends from Uni who happen to live in the area.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6988
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Andurin » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:01 am

Finished the Secrets part of the legendary chain on my warrior. Had a bit of a tough time to chuck the spear at Nalak and survive long enough on my own but managed to solo it in the end and got the meta gem ^^ Also, Tankacow finally got a tankspec again ^^
Andurin
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:45 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby cdan » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:29 am

Andurin wrote:Finished the Secrets part of the legendary chain on my warrior. Had a bit of a tough time to chuck the spear at Nalak and survive long enough on my own but managed to solo it in the end and got the meta gem ^^ Also, Tankacow finally got a tankspec again ^^


Wish I had known as I reached that part on an alt recently and could have used some help. :)

On a success related note: I now have 9 level 90s. Finally got my Shaman the last few levels. Only my Druid and Monk left for a full house.
cdan
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:58 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Andurin » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:33 am

cdan wrote:
Andurin wrote:Finished the Secrets part of the legendary chain on my warrior. Had a bit of a tough time to chuck the spear at Nalak and survive long enough on my own but managed to solo it in the end and got the meta gem ^^ Also, Tankacow finally got a tankspec again ^^


Wish I had known as I reached that part on an alt recently and could have used some help. :)

On a success related note: I now have 9 level 90s. Finally got my Shaman the last few levels. Only my Druid and Monk left for a full house.


Still need that help? Because it is really easy when you figure it out... I did it without speed boosts, leaving combat, or abusing the guards at the ToT entrance ;)
Andurin
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:45 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby cdan » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:40 am

Andurin wrote:
cdan wrote:
Andurin wrote:Finished the Secrets part of the legendary chain on my warrior. Had a bit of a tough time to chuck the spear at Nalak and survive long enough on my own but managed to solo it in the end and got the meta gem ^^ Also, Tankacow finally got a tankspec again ^^


Wish I had known as I reached that part on an alt recently and could have used some help. :)

On a success related note: I now have 9 level 90s. Finally got my Shaman the last few levels. Only my Druid and Monk left for a full house.


Still need that help? Because it is really easy when you figure it out... I did it without speed boosts, leaving combat, or abusing the guards at the ToT entrance ;)


Thanks, but no. I just stopped being useless and got it sorted. Had no problem on my other chars - just kept dying on my DK. Which, given he's an undead death knight, is kind of ironic.
cdan
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:58 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:37 am

might have a lead on a pretty good job..wont know for sure for a few days, but if i get it, it allows me to finally move back out of my parents house...

it would be so wonderful
i love my parents and sisters, but ffs this is getting a bit pathetic being i am 30 now and still living in my mom's basement (yay for being a walking cliche!)
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7411
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:58 pm

LFR miracles can happen... my DK managed to get both weapons off of Noushie in one LFR run, one from the drop, the other from the bonus roll. Yes, I realize he has used up is LFR luck for the next 6 months... :D
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Ruldar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:58 am

With this past week's kills, all three of my characters have gotten both the tier gloves and pants off of the Celestials, and all three are rocking the 4 piece bonus. I'm kind of floored, to be honest, Nalak was never this generous.
User avatar
Ruldar
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:26 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest