Blizzcon 2013 - November 8 & 9, 2013

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Blizzcon 2013 - November 8 & 9, 2013

Postby sahiel » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:25 pm

Haven't seen the feed yet but we kept getting friends watching it texting us to say we were the audience reaction for the variety stuff... Which is a shame as we were coughing on the smoke machine and laughing at the camera men who were pretending to choke to death in it most of the time >.<
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Shamora » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:49 am

So I had quite a blast at Blizzcon though I wish I could have met and hung out with some more people, but that is my own fault. I did obviously get to meet Halabar when I gave him his ticket and ran into him on Friday and sat through the WoW panel. Then Saturday night while leavin the con I ran into PsiVen while waiting in line at one of the food trucks.

My friend and I also ran into Mike Morhaime while leaving Friday night and got his picture:

We also had Chris Metzen literally run into my friend while in a hurry and got a picture with him as an apology:

My friend also snapped a quick pic of this stranger:

And as an added bonus I got this super cheap in gift shop of the hotel we stayed in:

Now we just have to get back across country and our trip will be done!
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby Kelerei » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:08 am

One day, just ONE day, I will save up and fly out for this. :)
Kelerei

Postby sahiel » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:41 pm

Having finally recovered somewhat just wanted to say thanks to everyone from MT we met for being as awesome as last time, I was summoned from the meeting stone gathering to go help with a friends costume repair earlier than I'd planned but it was still great to meet everyone, both the first timers and more of us old folk who drag ourselves back every year ;)

Also, the TWI was greatly exaggerated, clearly the stats crush reduced it to svelte slimline proportions ;)

Oh, and if they read this hi to the person who saw my MTadin shirt and yelled out "For the Maintankadin Horde!" and was gone before I could reply!
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Shamora » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:12 pm

I had planned to go to the meeting stone, but when I got there there were way too many people so I ended up heading elsewhere.
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby PsiVen » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:07 am

Missed the meeting stone and spent about 5 minutes at the Wowinsider party before giving up on seeing anyone there, it was pretty much just standing around trying not to get jostled into the pool. I did bump into a few folks though (hai Shamora) and some anonymous person who recognized Maintankadin but I did not manage to connect fist bumps with before the line moved. Sorry dude!

Nevertheless, Dari and I (and my nontankadin wife) were milling around thoroughly having fun. The closing concert was as disappointing as expected, glad we dodged it and played the demo stations instead. They only played for like 75min and for some reason ETC didn't play this year. Honestly I would much rather listen to an ETC/Songhammer show.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Darielle » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:26 am

Nevertheless, Dari and I (and my nontankadin wife) were milling around thoroughly having fun. The closing concert was as disappointing as expected, glad we dodged it and played the demo stations instead. They only played for like 75min and for some reason ETC didn't play this year. Honestly I would much rather listen to an ETC/Songhammer show.

Yeah closing concert was a great time to screw around and not have to deal with queues at the various demoes. No limit on how long we could have played until we got to the point where it was what 9-30?

Also, for both the talent contest and the SC2 WCS finals, I have a feeling whoever stocked the Confetti machines was like the Goblin in that scenario who needs the Pool Pony.
Darielle

Postby sahiel » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:18 pm

Darielle wrote:Also, for both the talent contest and the SC2 WCS finals, I have a feeling whoever stocked the Confetti machines was like the Goblin in that scenario who needs the Pool Pony.

So. Much. Confetti! When I stumbled to bed sometime the next morning I found confetti inside my clothes... inside my *shoes*... everywhere >.<
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:30 pm

If it wasn't in your underwear, they clearly didn't do their job.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:55 am

Nikachelle wrote:If it wasn't in your underwear, they clearly didn't do their job.

Like sand on the beach and rice in a wedding.
...and insects when camping in the woods! :(
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Darielle » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:54 pm

Best part was the SC2 translator guy holding out the mic while looking all like "Goddamnit I want to get this shit out of my hair".
Darielle

Previous

Return to General