Relationships

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Relationships

Postby cdan » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:04 pm

Being in New York these days I see everything from the scary, "I haven't slept since Nixon resigned" look to the "I'm wearing every bit of make-up I could find in my house" look so to really stand out it has to be bad. At least there are a lot less of the "orange as a skin tone" looks I used to see when I lived in London.

I take your point about the natural look, but I think there is a big difference in makeup competency that means people like you can get away with expression through slap (my Mum's term for makeup) because they do it well and those who should just stick to a bit of lip gloss on special occasions because any more and it just looks garish.
cdan
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:58 am

Re: Relationships

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:23 pm

cdan wrote:I take your point about the natural look, but I think there is a big difference in makeup competency that means people like you can get away with expression through slap (my Mum's term for makeup) because they do it well and those who should just stick to a bit of lip gloss on special occasions because any more and it just looks garish.

Absolutely agreed. (And well said btw!)
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8406
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Relationships

Postby Delphineas » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:06 am

Well I just got some awesome news. Mayo sent me something about a bill being denied and to call my insurance to give them the information they needed. So I call BCBS and find put that they need information on my preexisitng condition, and they don't have to cover it until Jan 1st. Six months from insurance date might have been tossed in, not sure, all this shit confuses that hell out of me.


Basically what I took from it was this:
1) They don't have to cover this until Jan 1st. My policy runs out Dec. 1st
2) Which would be a big fucking loophole, as they covered me when this manifested when I was 10 to age 24, when I aged out of the policy. (It's my dad's)
3)I may be on the hook for 110,000, which is also retarded as for my preop screening they said they wouldn't go ahead unless THEY GOT PAPERWORK STATING IT WAS COVERED. I think this pisses me off the most. Especially since nothing was stated after that.



Oh, and tried applying through the marketplace only to get denied there too. Think it's because I'm covered NOW. So either I lie about being covered, since those don't start until Jan 1st, and risk perjuing myself, OR I wait until Dec 1st and risk something being full/starting late.

Maybe I should play some left for dead 2 to calm down. Or not, cause bots are stupid.
Fan of angels and catgirls.
Current MMO: EVE
Delphineas
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:04 am

Re: Relationships

Postby Amirya » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:09 am

Mayo is awesome (but I'm biased, my mother works there), but BCBS? I'm not sure I like them. I can pretty much confirm, from my own experience with Mayo and surgery, that if BCSB had denied it initially, they'd have told you as soon as they got the notice.
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2959
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Relationships

Postby Amirya » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:19 am

Amirya wrote:So, my mother's surgery appears to be a success. We discovered she has the same loopy reaction to Percocet that I had back in the day, so she's been doing 1/4 tablet for the pain as needed. Some minor bleeding from the incision site, but that's about it.

However, they did find a cancerous polyp on the section of colon removed, so it appears that she's going to have to start 12 weeks of chemo. She'll confirm for sure next week, but that's where we appear to be standing.

It's had a hell of a toll on us, that's for sure. But she'll do fine. She's invincible, after all.

She starts 6 months of chemotherapy next week. Had minor surgery yesterday to insert a stent into her chest for part of the treatment, and is currently doing the zombie-shuffle because it hurts to move her head.
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2959
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Relationships

Postby Nooska » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:12 am

So.. for my first "giving" post in this thread...
Was at a kickoff meeting last night prior to the municipal elections, and while entering a soda into my calorie tracker, the phone vibrates in my hand (had it on silent).
GF calling with what she calls "some bad news" - first thought; she found our hamster dead (she wanted to change the bedding, I said no, lets do it tomorrow (today) together).
No, not the hamster. Her uncle (fathers brother) was found in his house, her aunt (fathers sister) having gone up there to check on him as noone had heard from him for a few days. He had hung himself in his attic, noone saw it coming.
Noe we are worried about her grandmother, 94, who is being told today (same sister going up there to tell her).

We like going up to see her family (we go about 5 times a year now), but darn it, not like this :(
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Relationships

Postby Arnock » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:10 pm

So I managed to see the Ender's Game movie a few days ago.

I went into the theater with a rather cynical attitude, afraid that hollywood would take the book, gut it, and turn it into a generic action movie for a quick buck, which the trailers all seemed to suggest.


I was wrong.

The filmmakers actually managed to stay very true to the book's premise, and it's easily the best new movie I've seen in a very long time.
Image
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
User avatar
Arnock
 
Posts: 2795
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: Everywhere and nowhere

Re: Relationships

Postby Aubade » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:47 pm

Arnock wrote:So I managed to see the Ender's Game movie a few days ago.

I went into the theater with a rather cynical attitude, afraid that hollywood would take the book, gut it, and turn it into a generic action movie for a quick buck, which the trailers all seemed to suggest.


I was wrong.

The filmmakers actually managed to stay very true to the book's premise, and it's easily the best new movie I've seen in a very long time.



Nice! I've been wanting to see it because I know it's a lot of my friend's favorite books (They're not HUGE readers haha). I don't want to see it yet until I read the books though, I really need to get on that!

Good to hear it was good though!
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
- Aubade Level 88+ Blood Elf Paladin - BloodScalp - Casual
- Awbade Level 85+ Blood Elf Death Knight - BloodScalp - Casual
- Awbabe Level 85+ Undead Mage - BloodScalp - Casual
Image
User avatar
Aubade
Moderator
 
Posts: 4040
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: Relationships

Postby Fivelives » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:31 am

Is it one that you have to see in the theater, or can it wait for DVD or "in-theaters on demand"? I have to admit that I wasn't planning on seeing this movie at all, because I was also worried that it would wreck one of my absolute favorite books of all time. But I'm hearing that the trailers lied from a lot of different people, so I'll probably see it.

I find myself less and less inclined to visit theaters nowadays, since they're so beyond ridiculous now price-wise. I'm paying $12 for a ticket (with a veteran's discount - it's $16 without) and my medium soda and nachos comes to another $13 (plus an extra buck for each little carton of extra nacho cheese).

So it costs me $25 to go see a movie. I could buy the fucking blu-ray cheaper than that when it comes out, with enough left over to buy a 2 liter of Pepsi and make my own fucking nachos. They'll taste better anyway.

The only thing that gets me in theaters any more is a huge set piece exploding. Repeatedly.
- I'm not Jesus, but I can turn water into Kool-Aid.
- A Sergeant in motion outranks an officer who doesn't know what the hell is going on.
- A demolitions specialist at a flat run outranks everybody.
User avatar
Fivelives
 
Posts: 2801
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:55 pm

Re: Relationships

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:34 am

I never get food or drink at the cinema. Just seems like a waste of money, especially at the in-cinema prices. I usually eat before I go.

As for Ender's Game... I'm one of those people who's refusing to spend any money that might somehow make its way back to Orson Scott Card.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4900
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Relationships

Postby Fivelives » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:35 am

Different post for different subject:

I don't get all the BCBS hate. I've got their plan through work and have never had a problem with it. Granted, I've also got TriCare, so I'm not entirely sure who pays for what (I'm pretty sure that TriCare is counted as a "secondary" insurance, being that it's government and all, but I don't work in that department), but I've never really had any issues with it. Except for dental care. Oddly, nobody covers that.
- I'm not Jesus, but I can turn water into Kool-Aid.
- A Sergeant in motion outranks an officer who doesn't know what the hell is going on.
- A demolitions specialist at a flat run outranks everybody.
User avatar
Fivelives
 
Posts: 2801
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:55 pm

Re: Relationships

Postby Arnock » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Fivelives wrote:Is it one that you have to see in the theater, or can it wait for DVD or "in-theaters on demand"? I have to admit that I wasn't planning on seeing this movie at all, because I was also worried that it would wreck one of my absolute favorite books of all time. But I'm hearing that the trailers lied from a lot of different people, so I'll probably see it.

I find myself less and less inclined to visit theaters nowadays, since they're so beyond ridiculous now price-wise. I'm paying $12 for a ticket (with a veteran's discount - it's $16 without) and my medium soda and nachos comes to another $13 (plus an extra buck for each little carton of extra nacho cheese).

So it costs me $25 to go see a movie. I could buy the fucking blu-ray cheaper than that when it comes out, with enough left over to buy a 2 liter of Pepsi and make my own fucking nachos. They'll taste better anyway.

The only thing that gets me in theaters any more is a huge set piece exploding. Repeatedly.


eh... If you're not really eager to see the movie itself, I can't really argue that it's something that you'd need to see in-theater. The special effects are good, but nothing exceptional, really.


But if you're a huge fan of the book, I'd recommend trying to catch it in-theater.



Where do you live that it costs $16 bucks for a ticket? Even at the local "upscale" theater it costs 10 bucks for a ticket without any discount.
Image
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
User avatar
Arnock
 
Posts: 2795
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: Everywhere and nowhere

Re: Relationships

Postby Amirya » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:27 pm

Arizona, non-matinee.

He lives a couple of hours north of me, but where I'm at, $16 sounds right for going during the "normal" non-matinee hours (usually at about 5pm or later).
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2959
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Relationships

Postby bldavis » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:37 pm

hell even here its 12-14 non matinee
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Relationships

Postby Fivelives » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:39 pm

Casinos charge high prices for their amenities, and we don't have a non-casino theater within easy distance of here.
- I'm not Jesus, but I can turn water into Kool-Aid.
- A Sergeant in motion outranks an officer who doesn't know what the hell is going on.
- A demolitions specialist at a flat run outranks everybody.
User avatar
Fivelives
 
Posts: 2801
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:55 pm

Re: Relationships

Postby Arnock » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:39 pm

Odd, competition must keep the price relatively low here, there's three or four theaters relatively equidistant from my apartment. I live in a rather wealthy area and it's not uncommon to see a Bentley or Lamborghini parked outside a couple of them.
Image
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
User avatar
Arnock
 
Posts: 2795
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: Everywhere and nowhere

Re: Relationships

Postby Delphineas » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:36 am

Anyone know if the part of the ACA law concerning pre existing conditions goes into effect Jan 1st, or if that went into effect sometime earlier this year?
Fan of angels and catgirls.
Current MMO: EVE
Delphineas
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:04 am

Re: Relationships

Postby Fivelives » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:53 am

January 1st. ACA is technically in full effect right now regarding all laws, but the policies don't take effect until then so the difference is academic. You can get coverage right now, but it won't kick in until the new year.
- I'm not Jesus, but I can turn water into Kool-Aid.
- A Sergeant in motion outranks an officer who doesn't know what the hell is going on.
- A demolitions specialist at a flat run outranks everybody.
User avatar
Fivelives
 
Posts: 2801
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:55 pm

Re: Relationships

Postby Delphineas » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:14 am

If it's Jan 1st, I'm likely screwed, But my coverage started in June and I might be getting denied because of a preexisting condition. Fuzzy on the whole thing. 6 months was mention too. Going to Mayo to get some medical records so I can straighten this out.

So again, can I be denied for a preexisting condition before Jan 1st?
Fan of angels and catgirls.
Current MMO: EVE
Delphineas
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:04 am

Re: Relationships

Postby Fivelives » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:18 pm

You can't be denied coverage, no. However, the coverage that you do get won't take effect until January 1st.

If you signed up for insurance back in June, you should've gotten something in the mail from your insurance company letting you know what your policy's effective date is. That's the date that your coverage goes into effect. If you're still having issues, then call your insurance company and ask them.

Hope that's clearer for you.
- I'm not Jesus, but I can turn water into Kool-Aid.
- A Sergeant in motion outranks an officer who doesn't know what the hell is going on.
- A demolitions specialist at a flat run outranks everybody.
User avatar
Fivelives
 
Posts: 2801
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:55 pm

Re: Relationships

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:08 pm

Exercising for a change produces funny results. Random Chick hit on me today by comparing me to the Technoviking.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 10130
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Re: Relationships

Postby katraya » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:27 am

If anyone else who quit playing was thinking of coming back, MoP is only $10 now. I got it last night. Now I just need to get my husband out of the house so I have time to play!
Image
User avatar
katraya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1824
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Relationships

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:54 am

katraya wrote:If anyone else who quit playing was thinking of coming back, MoP is only $10 now. I got it last night. Now I just need to get my husband out of the house so I have time to play!

:lol: :lol:

welcome back to azeroth Kat
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Relationships

Postby Nordix » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:41 pm

I posted about an issue related to this thread in the frustrations thread and I was told I should post it here too with the notion that you experts can help somewhat.

I will just quote myself from the original post.

Nordix wrote:I'm having suicidal thoughts at the moment.Because of what happened in the past 2 weeks,including a girl I talked about in my previous post.

She came back playing WoW during summer and randomly started talking with me and the melee officer she has known for years.
The melee officer is a selfcentered emo veryrich greek dude.
The girl is a very cute norwegian,with lots of issues.

The girl already had a boyfriend of 2.5 years by the time this started out,but the relationship wasnt going very well and still isn't to this day,however a lot of paranoia is included on the girls part and she sees things where there are none.

So the greek richdude tried getting things on with her,and stuff went okay for a while until she realized it won't work,because the dude is a selfcentered emo infantile kid basically.

By the time,her and me were talking a lot,hours upon hours every day,for weeks.She is very emotional when she loses a friend and even more so when loses a "crush".So I helped her through this stage.
After all settled,things got fucked up.

She started to have a crush on me,because of all the talking we've been doing.We could talk about anything and it surfaced that our interests are pretty much the same on a lot of things.

You have to realize,I only felt anything for one other girl in my whole life.I resist most.She was spot on,from the get go,but I kept my resist up so it wouldn't get in the way.
Until she had a crush and started to hate that I cant let go of my resistance fully.Even tho it felt wrong ,I did let go of it eventually.It was nice.We planned out a lot of things,still talked 8 hours a day,wasnt just uncontrolled retared e-shit.We were supposed to meet,we talked ,we sent a shitload of pictures (nothing nasty).

But then,something happened,and one day she just told me her bf almost noticed and we need to cut it and can we be just friends again instead,and that she will see it through what happens in her relationship ,it's only fair like this and I'll be the first to know if she is single.

So I tried,I was hurt,she was hurt.
In the background ,the richdude kept doing desparate idiotic whining every day to her,driving her insane.She told me about every single occasion until yesterday and recently the greek dude took to whine to me too about her.

I just ,it was too much, so I told the greek dude,THIS IS WHAT SHE THINKS OF YOU,JUST STOP SPAMMING HER WITH YOUR SHIT ALL DAY EVERYDAY.

and hell broke lose.He immediately used it against her,confronted her.The result was that she left the guild telling me ,she cant be here anymore because of what this guy is doing.
Then the greekdude told her that I was the one telling him this,so she turned on me too.Instant removed me from everywhere ,like boom,like if nothing happened in the past.

I asked the greekdude why did he fuck me up like that. "I was hurt,sorry ,what was i supposed to do."

I was mad,angry,puzzled.

ANd this morning,while the girl isnt in the guild,I see them doing stuff together again with the greekdude.

I'm having a mental breakdown and the only thing I can do is send logs to her irl boyfriend and nuke her whole world,which is equally disgusting to what she and the greek guy are doing at the moment.
She has a ton of issues irl,lives on debt,doesnt own shit and attends university,barely managing.

I Dont know what to do,I certainly cant raid with my guild like this,however if I leave ,since I'M their main tank 100% attendance neverfails dude,I will disband a guild that existed since vanilla and was a friendly but still hardcore raiding guild.

What do,please help!


Additional info is that towards the outside she and her bf show a lot of <3 and such yet I'm being told a lot of mixed things from people who know them.(I'm not asking for these infos)
The greekdude broke things off with her for good -or so I was randomly told by 3 people,one being the greekie and 2 being her friends.

Still having depressed thoughts,because this whole thing with me is extremely rare -like what,I felt love one other time in my life except this girl,that was at the age of 17,and I was hurt VERY bad then too. I think if I really wanted to ,I couldget a girlfriend but it would be dry,I wouldn't feel what I felt for this girl,there would be no spark.

I want a girlfriend and fall in crazy love,but right now I'm just killing myself over this part of my life.
I'm 23 and completely inexperienced /virgin with girls,not even a hug. I really can't change my view on life,love and a girlfriend are the only things I feel I could grip onto my whole life and stay aflot.They are also the only things that give me motivation towards things, everything else feels dry. That is not to say I don't want to be succesful at my job,get a better job,get a uni degree and improve,but it feels dry without a purpose,a goal - and I can't change my goal, nothing diverts my attention from this overarching "life-issue".

I'm writing this because I am depressed to hell.
Please don't send me to a psychiatrist or similar if possible.
User avatar
Nordix
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:29 am

Re: Relationships

Postby Arnock » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:00 pm

Hey, Nordix.

I can't imagine what kind of pain you might be feeling right now.

But if you're seriously feeling suicidal. You NEED to talk to somebody about it, a close friend, a family member, somebody. If you don't feel comfortable talking to a friend or family member, there are tons of hotlines that you can call and just have somebody to listen. It sounds like you live in the EU somewhere, so I'm not sure as to what kind of resources are available, but the number for here in the States is 1-800-273-8255.

And, secondly, I understand your concern for your guild. And as much as we love Wow, we need to remember that it is a video game. If this situation is driving you towards this place, maybe you do need to take a break and step away from the game for awhile. I'm sure this close-knit group of friends who have been together since Vanilla care more about your life and health than they do about raid progress.

I'm here if you still need to talk.

EDIT: Here's a list of places in Europe.
http://www.iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres/Europe/
Image
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
User avatar
Arnock
 
Posts: 2795
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: Everywhere and nowhere

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest