Remove Advertisements

[10H] Siegecrafter Blackfuse (Guide)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Siegecrafter Blackfuse (Guide)

Postby Ulrik » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:05 pm

I'm having no problems with DBM timers. I think the audio loops you are experiencing are the default settings. Nearly everything is turned on and the audio count is trying to do Electrostatic Bolt, Shredder Spawn, Blades, etc. using both the guy and gal voices for different things. I just turned everything off except a few time bars to get rid of the noise.
Ulrik

Postby Schroom » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:41 am

@ Ulrik. that's exactly what I did ^^ I turned everything off except the Electrostatic Bolt timer an countdown. but it still kept going on.

well after 5 hours into progression I know my times, using /stopwatch.

who needs DBM anyway? :P

I expect a kill in 2, maybe 3 weeks.
Schroom

Postby Schroom » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:12 am

the recent DBM update fixed my timer problem. yay
Schroom

Postby Chamallow » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Would gemming/reforging crit be a bad idea? Say go down to 35% haste and have something like 20% crit unbuffed? Or would that be fucktarded?
Chamallow

Postby Kai » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:37 am

now that I saw this popping up again, useful thing for people working on this:

the spawn location of the first missile turret of each wave is determined by player position. the encounter picks a random player on the platform, draws a line from the middle through the player to the wall and drops the first turret there. I am fairly sure it's only healers and range dps, but it might be melee dps/tanks as well.

if you do the 10 men strat of killing mines on the belt whenever possible, this becomes very valuable for belt 2+3 when you have the overpowered laser stuff on the ground. if you spawn the turrets on the other side of the room, that means the waves are huge when they reach you. if you spawn them on your side of the room, it's much easier to dodge.
killing the overpowered turrets is also much more convenient if they spawn right in front of you, naturally.

so for example if your tank spot is at the 12 on a clock, have all range stand on 11, a couple of yards away from the middle. then the turrets will spawn roughly on 11,12,1 (as it always goes clockwise after the first and you determine the first that way). means tanks/melees only have to step a few yards to hit them.
Kai

Postby Xfighter » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:00 pm

We've had the tank who is killing the add be picked as a target before, as I'm fairly certain he was the only one that far out of position at the time. It's a pretty rare thing, but does tend to happen the odd time. Only ever really noticed it on the 3rd add, as with our strategy that's the more awkward one positioning wise.

And to the crit question: The only time I've noticed crit making a big difference was on the add being killed with 3 stacks (1 & 4) for us, but with CDs being available for them, it's never really been much of a bothersome overall. I'd prefer the haste for the EF ticks+constant damage, as even with going up to 15-20%, it's still playing for the RNG on a few select moves during a VERY small window (death from above +% dmg) to make a difference.

Something that wasn't suggested here but we opted to doing: instead of taking 3 - 2 - 4 - 6 and doing the first add with 3 & 4 stacks solo, we opted to the first tank doing 3, then getting the 4th, but instead of doing the add away from the boss, we kept him ontop of him, with both tanks helping kill it during death from above, as it tended to consistently net only 3 overloads, instead of the constant 4 we were getting while killing it solo (since all CDs were blown on first one)

Also, our kill attempt ended up having our second tank die @ stack 4 (was a 540 OS third fill-in tank) on the second set, and we managed to let me go up to 5, solo the add 5 away, and then go up to 6 or 7, kill the 6th add, and then burn the boss down before needing to worry about the next one. So don't call for a wipe if stacks are lost from a death - as long as it happens before the other tank loses his stack (before stack 5 on 2nd tank)
Xfighter

Postby Schroom » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:18 am

Hi guys, after 8 weeks of progression break, and recruiting (which sucks mid content -.-) we finally started working on this again and picked up right where we left.

how do you guys kill the 4rd add as a paladin? we have NO patches and NO saw blades when the 4rd add is up. so I'm in a naked room running against a wall. I don't see how I could kill it...

we play 3-2-4-6 I'm tank 1.

we never let mines spawn if possible.
Schroom

Postby Winkle » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:50 am

I don't think i quite understand your tank sequence. Anyway here's what we do:

Tank 1 - 3 Stacks (kill 1st add)
Tank 1 - 5 stacks (kill 2nd add)
Tank 1 resets
Tank 2 - 5 stacks (kill 3rd add)
Tank 2 - 7 stacks (kill 4th add)

TBH we're still playing around with the fight so perhaps having the 2nd tank go to 7 stacks isn't ideal, however at 7 stacks the add should melt, regardless of swablades.

Also note that with the patch the sequence of overcharged weapons may benefit from being altered. Blizzard haven't stated exactly how much the mines HP is being nerfed, but perhaps it's enough to warrant spawning mines over lazer?

Code: Select all
Overcharging is done based on a priority system, which is as follows:

Electromagnet
    Crawler Mines
    Missile Turret
    Laser Turret

The same weapon cannot become Overcharged twice in a row

Wave 1: Crawler Mines, Missile Turret, Laser Turret (kill mines, overcharged missile)
Wave 2: Crawler Mines, Missile Turret, Laser Turret (kill missle, overcharged mines)
Wave 3: Electromagnet, Missile Turret, Laser Turret (kill magnet, overcharged missile)
Wave 4: Crawler Mines, Missile Turret, Laser Turret (kill missile, overcharged mines)
Wave 5: Electromagnet, Crawler Mine, Missile Turret (kill magnet, overcharged missile)
Wave 6: Crawler Mines, Crawler Mines, Laser Turret (kill mines, overcharged mines)
Wave 7: Crawler Mine, Missile Turret, Laser Turret (kill mines, overcharged missile)
Wave 8: Electromagnet, Crawler Mines, Missile Turret (kill magnet, overcharged mines)

Winkle

Postby samsara » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:57 am

don't know if it's a big difference from 25 to 10, we do it with 3,3,4,3,4,3.... ( it somehow overlaps a bit so that the 4th stack of the debuff on the first tank comes at the same time as the add or a second later, but this is not a big deal.

I'm the tank who tanks with 3 stacks but i don't have problems and nearly kill the add every time befor the 4th overload and when i slack and the 4th overload is comming Aura mastery works quite good :)

How to kill the add (on 25hc):

* about 5 sec before the add will jump in the air i use HA , so i can use it on every add which will come,
* for the 4th add i will use additionaly wings.
* use execution sentence about 2-3 secs before the addcast is finished, so you will get most of the ticks in the timewindow where the add is stunned on the ground.

you are right about that there is no fire or spinnning disks on the ground for the 4th add, as i wrote i pop HA and Wings which most of the time works, but just to be safe i place the add on a position on the ring where i know fire will spawn. so even if wings, ha and sometimes the kafa press wouldn't do it, the fire will do the rest and you can reduce raiddmg with Aura Mastery when overload is about to come (it allways comes a bit earlier than my timer is showing me (bigwigs) , about 1-3 secs)
samsara

Postby Schroom » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:27 am

Blizzard haven't stated exactly how much the mines HP is being nerfed, but perhaps it's enough to warrant spawning mines over lazer?

Our raid leader mentioned that the devs said it would be about 10% in an interview. so not worth really changing tactics.

also it's not comparable to 25M. you have LOTS less vengeance in 10m.

also Aura mastery won't do any good. it's range is onyl 40m. and most of the raid is over 40m away from me. it would only help myself and my healer.

after the 2nd add when the magnet goes off, we send everybody except healers and tanks up on the Belt, so they're not affected by the magnet. (except our DK who has a debuff, but AM is strong here.)

we play like the OP suggested.

T1: 3 -> add -> 4 -> add
T2 2 -> 6 -> add

which puts me with 3 stacks on the 4th add, with no patches or sawblades (and a running 2nd magnet) as I always do 2 adds in a row, I can't HA every add. I basically use Avenging Wrath in the first add. EF myself 2 seconds before the mob starts to cast his "Death from above" and use ES with both buffs active the time you describe here. all was said in this thread before exactly like this ...

so the second add I got 4 stacks and use HA instead of AW, rest stays the same.

but as I said, we reached the 4rd add for the first time yesterday, and with only 3 stacks, and no patches or sawblades, I don't see how I could kill it. we had 6 overloads, then the raid just died.

the only idea I got is to swap tanks. so our warrior does my job, and most add duty while I do more boss and stack duty. as warriors do OP DPS that should be an option. but implies us relearning the fight from a different perspective. so IF there is another way and anyone got any ideas, they are welcome.
Schroom

Postby Winkle » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:58 am

Ok so possible alternatives:

T1 3 add - 5 add - 3 - 6 add
T2 2 - 5 add - 7 add

i.e let tank 2 do the 2nd add with 7 stacks.

Or if that's to risky try tanking the add on the boss, then you have 2 tanks with the buff.
Winkle

Postby Schroom » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:33 am

Or if that's to risky try tanking the add on the boss, then you have 2 tanks with the buff.

Oh I told this to my raidleader, as we also would have both healers close to the boss, instead of only one. but he refused, as more people close to the boss -> more potential sawblades / fire close to the camp -> more potential fails.

I don't really get this argument, but well....

T1 3 add - 5 add - 3 - 6 add
T2 2 - 5 add - 7 add

So you say: 3-2-5-5-3-7-6 ? right?

sorry but I don't get it. every 3 stacks an add spawns. how could I do 5 when the add spawns shortly after I get my 4th stack. stacks are 15 seconds apart. so I don't see how ignoring the add for 15 seconds just to gain more stacks would benefit us?

same with
let tank 2 do 2nd add with 7s tacks
how can tank 2 get 7 stacks when add 2 spawns o.O
Schroom

Postby Winkle » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:22 am

Well i do the 2nd add with 5 stacks so that's defiitely possible. The add spawns about 5 seconds before the 5th stack is applied, but i haven't had a problem picking him up, he takes 3-4 second to even get half way across the room.

I don't really understand your notation for stacks, it's just a random list of numbers to me.
Winkle

Postby Schroom » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:49 am

Winkle wrote:The add spawns about 5 seconds before the 5th stack is applied.

sorry but I guess we play different encounters then? the add spawns at the exact same time as stack no3 is applied in our raid... does it depend on the belt group maybe?

Winkle wrote:I don't really understand your notation for stacks, it's just a random list of numbers to me.

3-2-4-6 means: tank 1 takes 3 stacks. then tank 2 takes 2 then tank 1 goes up to 4 then tank 2 goes up to 6

it's not my notation btw. it has been used before in this thread, so I followed it :>

edit: I just reread my post and noticed it could be interpreted offensively which it isn't supposed to be. so no offense man ^^
Schroom

Postby Winkle » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:09 am

It's alright schroom, i take no offensive from your Siegecrafter tactics :D

Anyway, since i'm progressing on it too it helps to discuss these things.

I agree the add spawns as soon as you reach 3 stacks of debuff, however the 2nd add appears to spawn between the applications of the 6th and 7th debuff, i take the 2nd add with 5 stacks of the debuff anyway.

Anyway back to orginal problem, currently you get to the 4th add and you only have 3 stacks and no external damage source to help you. My suggestion would be to attempt to alter your order to allow the 2nd tank to take the 4th add, this would require he go to 7 or 8 stacks, which may kill.

Alterntives include getting a 4th overload (more viable come the nerf this week, although i dodn't find the occasional 4th life threatening anyway, especially if you prepare) or tanking the add in the group.
Winkle

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)