[10H] Siegecrafter Blackfuse (Guide)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10H] Siegecrafter Blackfuse (Guide)

Postby Incalcando » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:59 pm

Hello everyone my name is Incalcando, I am tanking for and GM of a guild called Flat Earth Society on Sunstrider-EU. Since I have quite a lot of free time these days I decided to write a couple of "guides" on the harder fights of the instance, listing all the things I learned through a lot of progression wipes, and which had I known from pull no.1 would have sped up our progression by a lot. Keep in mind that I am NOT a theorycrafter, I've mostly learned how to play this game based on my own experiences, so it can be that some of my talent/glyph choices are not super optimal on paper, however they worked perfectly for me.

If you choose to read this little guide of mine, I would strongly recommend also watching our kill video of it to fully understand what I mean. Unfortunately that kill was basically the most horrendous attempt "standing-out-of-fire-wise" for me, resulting in endless trolling from my guild, but it still demonstrates how I deal with the boss and shredder.

Video in question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Bh-u5zX4U

Anyway, let's get to it!

General overview, tank swapping and stack numbers

1. Tank no.1 picks up the boss
2. at 3 stacks tank no.2 taunts
3. tank no.1 kills shredder BEFORE tank no.2 gets 3 stacks
4. tank no.1 taunts and gets a 4th stack
5. tank no.2 takes the boss back
6. tank no.1 kills second shredder
7. tank no.2 goes to 6 stacks
8. Tank no.1 takes the boss(now has zero stacks) and keeps till 3 stacks while no.2 is killig off his shredder

After that point we go back to step no.1 and rince and repeat.

How to use your offensive and defensive CDs in either role

If you are tank no.1 (recommended role):

Before anything else, make sure nobody ninja pulls, since the boss applies the first stack INSTANTLY to the first person that aggroed it. That means, no matter how fast you react and taunt you will still miss the stack. The first 2 stacks are irrelevant, your health pool alone should be enough for you to survive. For the third stack, an UNGLYPHED DP will be enough. Then move on to the shredder, pop AW (preferably in a way that it's still active when the death from above happens) and kill it. Use a sawblade to help you. Optimally you want it dead before it casts a 4th overload and certainly before your co-tank gets a third stack. After you are done, taunt the boss, and take a 4th stack, just DP is enough, save your GoAK and AD for emergencies. The next shredder should be easier with 4 stacks + HA, which should be popped instantly. Goes without saying that Execution Sentence should be used again. When you are done with this, you are carefree for a while, wait till your co-tank gets 6 stacks (and for safety do a Hand of Sac on him for his 6th). Now for the 3rd shredder that you take (after of course getting 3 stacks), you won't have any sawblades or fire to help you out, since it'll be just after a magnet phase. Just pop both your offensince CDs to make sure you kill it. For the fourth one you can have a sawblade again.

If you are tank no.2 in the list (not from personal experience, I was the other role always):

You take 2 stacks no problem after your co-tank took 3. For your third use DP. Fourth can be handled by GoAK. For the fifth, DP + external should be enough and for the final one, use AD alone, you will end up not losing any HP and it'll proc saving you from death. The shredder with 6 stacks should be a joke even without CDs, I would recommend just using your offensive CDs after 4 stacks or so on the boss for added DPS on it.

Handling the shredder

If there is a sawblade, kite it on top of it. There is absolutely no need to utilize the flames at all, from my experience it's better if you keep it less complicated. If, however, you have flames at a convenient location, they will deal more damage on it by far. Now regarding how you should deal the damage to it. Before the shredder starts casting "Death from Above" you should aim to have it around at around 55-65%. When the shredder starts casting death from above, pool 5 HP, save your AS and 1 second into the cast use Execution Sentence. The reason is, by the time the boss hits the ground, the last couple of ticks of ES will do a MASSIVE amount of damage and basically destroy that add. As soon as the shredder hits the ground, use your AS that you saved from a distance, and then SotR from the pooled HP will finish it off quickly. Don't forget that Holy Wrath will hit like a fucking truck as well.

Talent/Glyph recommendations

Eternal Flame if you are tank no.1 (see above) and if you have 4 set. If not, stick to Sacred Shield cause you really want to use all of your holy power to do damage. As tank no.2 I'd imagine SS will be better since the boss' stack application can easily one shot you.
Execution Sentence is a no brainer here, don't even think about anything else.
As far as glyphs are concerned, DP should remain unglyphed for magic reduction, Focused Shield will greatly help your DPS. If you have 4 set, you can use glyph of word of glory for an added 3% damage without losing HP to heal, but Final Wrath is also really strong.

Let me know if you are interested in more stuff like that, any recommendations/criticism on the format are appreciated, I'm not a great writer.
Last edited by Incalcando on Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Incalcando

Re: [10H] Siegecrafter Blackfuse (Guide)

Postby PsiVen » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:10 am

Hi Inca, thanks for bringing so much detail here. We'll be hitting this guy soon enough and I'm sure this will be helpful.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Incalcando » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:36 am

Hi, also got Malkrork/Spoils/Thok almost ready as well I guess I can post them here too. Hope it'll help
Incalcando

Postby Razeoflight » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:13 am

nice write up i also would like to thank you for your killvid on thok HC ;) was a nice guideline for me and with it we managed to kill it in a couple days (protectors trinket FTW btw :P), was even thinking making a topic about it with solo tanking and all but the research i did on it was your logs and vid so i felt it wasnt rly my place.

in any case back on topic im currently also progressing on siegecrafter 10hc currently wiping at about the 50% mark but getting there and i agree with everything ;)

small note on the tank swap we decided to go like this very very minor detail but yea both will do fine

1. Tank no.1 picks up the boss
2. at 3 stacks tank no.2 taunts
3. tank no.1 kills shredder BEFORE tank no.2 gets 3 stacks
4. tank no.1 taunts and gets a 4th (+5th) stack
5. tank no.2 takes the boss back
6. tank no.1 kills second shredder
7. tank no.2 goes to 6 (5) stacks
8. Tank no.1 takes the boss(now has zero stacks) and keeps till 3 stacks while no.2 is killing off his shredder

ES is defo a fucking beast especially if well timed luv seeying them big crits
also a side note the legendary melee dps gem is quite nice if u get lucky can see some nice dmg 2mil+ ish if u want to opt for more dmg instead of the 20% dmg reduction from the legendary tanking meta atm i do miss the tanking meta on the fight but i can defo manage without it

i also tried out the legendary dps cloak but i found dmg seemed very very weak and since the dmg is quite high with going up to 5 stacks and all them drills if u stand in the bad so i went bk to the tanking cloak

best of luck on garrosh btw and plz giv us another nice vid ^^
Razeoflight

Postby Incalcando » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:02 am

Your tank switching seems more balanced than mine, but my co-tank was a DK, who can really take a lot of stacks better than a paladin, and also who kind of lacks the burst damage needed to kill the shredder off as easily as a paladin (or any other tank) can, so we decided it'd be best for him to take 6.

But yeah 5 stacks will make life a lot easier for you if you are on shredder duty. I wouldn't recommend DPS meta gem, when the boss gets the protective frenzy the damage becomes quite brutal and especially during progression your healers will have their hands full avoiding all sorts of crap.

But thanks for the kind words and good luck with siegecrafter, it's a real pain in the ass :P
Incalcando

Postby samsara » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:34 am

does this also works for 25 heroic? We are not yet at siegecrafter but i don't think thok will be a wall :)
samsara

Postby Incalcando » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:03 pm

According to dungeon journal electrostatic charge deals exactly the same amount to the tank on 25 and on 10 so yeah it should work.
Incalcando

Postby timoseewho » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:13 pm

Nice guide! What dictates where the empowered missile will spawn? It seems to spawn in the pie where most of the raid is stacked at, but not too sure.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 20-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Incalcando » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:45 am

Yeah it's something like that, we only seemed to get them at a bad place if someone was kiting the flames on the other side and I was close to them with my shredder. If they spawn badly you just have to deal with it, it's not the end of the world, but very annoying.
Incalcando

Postby quotey » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:08 am

timoseewho wrote:Nice guide! What dictates where the empowered missile will spawn? It seems to spawn in the pie where most of the raid is stacked at, but not too sure.

It picks a random person (not sure if it can target tanks, but probably) and puts the first missile at the closest edge to them, then spawns the other 2 clockwise from it at the same distance everytime. So just make sure the raid is near a reasonable edge. Occasionally we had trouble with it picking people who came off the belt recently but they started coming off earlier or moving faster or something.
quotey

Postby Schroom » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:09 pm

the timer for electrostatic charge is broken for DBM and for Bigwigs. A friend of mine has the same issue. you guys too? if so, any fix? suguestions so I know when to use my Cooldowns
Schroom

Postby Xfighter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:19 am

I've been using Bigwigs and my co tank has been using DBM the last 2 weeks of progression on him without any issues being mentioned. I'm using the latest BW (I think), and no clue which he's using. *shrug*

The most I've seen the timer off by is 1-2 sec, but I just CD around 4 sec left to cover before and after in case it's early.
Xfighter

Postby Schroom » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:43 am

the timers aren't off. my friend is playing in a completely different guild and they killed it last week.

nonetheless she has the same problems on bigwigs that I have on DBM...

the timer starts and when it reaches 12s left it starts all over again.

the countdown is in an endless loop (imagine a canon, soundfile starts again everytime the previous one reaches 3):
Code: Select all

and so on

I'm thinking of using the stoppwatch from wow and look at it for the debuff, as it comes every 15 seconds. nonetheless it is pretty shitty. and I'm surprised it works for you...

method release a mod to fix this on bigwigs, but apparently it still bugs out.
Schroom

Postby Setokaiba » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:02 am

I know this is tanking forum mainly, but HC strat wise, what weapon kill order would people suggest?
Setokaiba

Postby Kai » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:15 am

there's a couple of choices you have in the fight, which are all viable.

first of all there's the tanking position. I think there's 2 common choices:

a) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDEKmjA1dA8 (evrelia/scrubbusters)

that's pretty much on the opposite of the belt/tube exit/entry. the advantage here is that there's an opening in the overcharged laser and the movement when overcharged laser fire is up and overcharged magnet starts to push you around while you have to dodge missles is easier.

b) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOHaTG9_6SE (fusion)

that's tanking him at the tube exit. means the movement during overcharged laser, overcharged magnet + normal missles is a bit more annoying, can see that around 2:05 in that video. however in 10 men the usual setup is 2 tanks 2 healer 6 dps (although people 1 heal this too). if you don't have a hunter or owl (those can jump on the belt each time), you will have to alternate 2 dps. now if you tank him in the a) spot, that means a LOT of movement for the belt teams and thus a big loss on boss dps.

1. Missile - Mines - Laser | Kill Mines | OC Missile
2. Mines - Laser - Missile | Kill Mines | OC Laser
3. Laser - Magnet - Missile | Kill Missile | OC Magnet
4. Laser - Missile - Mines | Kill Mines | OC Missile
5. Missile - Magnet - Mines | Kill Mines | OC Magnet
6. Laser - Mines - Mines | Kill Mines | OC Mines
7. Mines - Laser - Missile | Kill Mines | OC Missile
8. Missile - Magnet - Mines | Kill Magnet | OC Mines
9. Laser - Mines - Laser | Kill Mines | OC Laser

That's the spawns. Killing the mines is the common 10 men strategy as those are probably the most annoying to deal with. There's again a lot of different strategies though, some chose to deal with the mines as well.
As said before, you can influence what he picks next as he always prefers to pick a weapon that he didn't overcharge previously.
We tried a while to kill the magnet 3rd, mean's he overcharges missle there. In general you want to have as many overcharged missles as possible as those are surely the easiest and least annoying.
If you do that though, you get another laser 4th as you want to kill mine and just had missle, so it's laser. that means that you constantly have the fire on the ground. We're going with the above, but again, the difficulty differneces aren't that high. A lot comes down to preferance.
Kai

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)