Postby Nikachelle » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:31 am

KysenMurrin wrote:This google result suggests:
"Taping the patella may eliminate the crunching."

Yeah... tried this last night. No dice.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Re: Fitness and being Healthy

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:32 am

Chew something crunchy while you work out so you don't notice it? ;)
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:50 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Chew something crunchy while you work out so you don't notice it? ;)

Actually the crunching was less disgusting this time round, despite going up even more weight. Might just be my knees getting used to it.

And how funny would that be? Chewing on a chocolate bar while doing squats. haha
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:15 am

I think I should cut out the 2-4 cans of Red Bull that I have Monday to Friday at work and possibly on the occasional night out swap from Guinness to Vodka mixer.

I don't really eat any fast food or ready made meals or have fizzy drinks aside from the Red Bull so I am putting my growing size down to lack of exercise and evil, evil drinks.

Pretty sure my BMI is 25ish (happy to use it as a non-athlete) but worryingly I think it is now higher than my 61 year old father who has taken up walking now retired. Not good that he is probably in better physical condition that me (30), 'cept his knees. I'm not big by any means, Happy with my weight just should be healthier and want the stomach fat moved elsewhere.

Hopefully playing football sometime in the next couple of months, that will wreck me for days afterwards.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:12 pm

lythac wrote:I think I should cut out the 2-4 cans of Red Bull that I have Monday to Friday at work and possibly on the occasional night out swap from Guinness to Vodka mixer.
Lol yeah. 4 Red Bulls is like eating 20-25 teaspoons of sugar. Dropping 2200 calories a week (4 red bulls for 5 days) is not chump change.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:06 am

Somewhat of a milestone: I now fit properly into my Maintankadin shirts
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Nikachelle » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:59 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Somewhat of a milestone: I now fit properly into my Maintankadin shirts

WOOOHOOOO!!!!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:32 pm

Latest update from me.

Hit 149 pounds (finally cracked 150... and then promptly got sick). Four more to go before Christmas (christ, that's feeling awfully close now) and 9 more overall.

Currently squatting/lunging/deadlifting all around ~120 pounds. Bench press is at 75 pounds. Other exercises are at much lower weights but still much higher than anything I've ever done before. The extra cardio really helped to lose that extra pound or two, but as soon as I stopped, the weight loss stopped, so gotta get right back into it when I stop being sick.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nooska » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:28 am

A bit frustrating, been stuck around 240 for a while now.

My own fault (well as far as I can fault anyone) - not been eating completely healthy and not been walking as muchh - hard to find the time while campaigning (and with the ills that are the reaosn I've been pensioned because I can't do a full time job) - 3 more days of campaigning (though I am taking monday off), then election day tuesday, and then can get going again (before xmas stress sets in).

I'll just enjoy that I'm kicking around 240 rather than 280 like 6 months ago..
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Brekkie » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:03 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Somewhat of a milestone: I now fit properly into my Maintankadin shirts

Best motivation ever!
Theckhd wrote:big numbers are the in-game way of expressing that Brekkie's penis is huge.
Brekkie

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:02 am

Woooo! Going to be running a 5k St. Patrick's Day race in Baltimore with Kat in a few months!

And (and I'm totally getting overexcited about this even though it's more than a year away), we're looking into doing the Nike womens half marathon in DC the following year. :D
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby katraya » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:43 am

Nikachelle wrote:Woooo! Going to be running a 5k St. Patrick's Day race in Baltimore with Kat in a few months!

And (and I'm totally getting overexcited about this even though it's more than a year away), we're looking into doing the Nike womens half marathon in DC the following year. :D

I can't wait!

katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:27 pm

katraya wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Woooo! Going to be running a 5k St. Patrick's Day race in Baltimore with Kat in a few months!

I can't wait!

God I loved Glory.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:37 am

Nikachelle wrote:Image
God I loved Glory.

And Dru? I liked Dru. There's something about people who are just "wonderfully nuts" :P

Anyone here in proper winter countries who's got any tips for running outside in the cold?
I tend to either pack myself up too well and then boil inside my clothes, or wear too little and worry about catching a cold. :roll:
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Arnock » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:31 pm

I don't know about running, but when I used to play hockey I was always completely soaked with sweat by the end of a game.

I'd recommend layering as best as you can, maybe some sweat pants, a wicking long-sleeved shirt, and a light fleece jacket. You can take the jacket off and wrap it around your waist if you get too hot.

Maybe a wind breaker instead of the fleece if it's a particularly windy day.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum