Remove Advertisements

What should I get/do if I am attempting to become a tankadin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

What should I get/do if I am attempting to become a tankadin

Postby Paladinionaj0 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:43 am

Well, the question explains it all, but it seems very overwhelming...so far I cant tank H Ramps, and its bugging me. What should I be running or doing, this is my gear:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Paladinion
Paladin
Bronebeard
Paladinionaj0

Postby Zeels » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:56 am

Run all normals, wait with heroics until you have gear for it.

Also pick up the sacred duty talent, that's 6% more stamina. Stamina matters .
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Babelek » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:04 am

You "need" to change your talent build :) T2 5-point Retri talent Deflection boosts your defence. You don't really need Imp. HoJ and Stoicism, you can even drop few points from reckoning, almost forgot Imp. Devotion Aura is useless, additional armor give you almost nothing with your 13k. Take Sacred Duty for 6% more stamina.

You better gear, search for some blues you can obtain easy [non-heroic dungeons, quests] and switch them with your greens, you need more HP.

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... php?t=5394

Check link above for more info about gear.
Babelek

Postby Boudi » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:58 am

you need to read this forum ^^

basicly everything people will say in response to your ticket has already been said in one of the stickies. I suggest you start in the basic training forum and work your way up through the gear forum, instance forum, to the advanced training forum.

Be aware of that forum though....wannabe mathmagicians in there :P
Tanked: KZ(nightbane left), Nalorakk
Boudi

Postby ulushnar » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:44 am

Boudi wrote:you need to read this forum ^^

Start with the stickies. There's a lot of information to abosrb, but you'll be amazed how quickly a lot of it becomes second nature.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Vanifae » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:27 am

Yes read the stickies everything you need to know to get started is there.

Practice.

Practice alot and it will get easier.

Don't be afraid to fail.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:59 am

Vanifae wrote:Don't be afraid to fail.

This hindred me a lot and was a reason to go all emo once. I thank vanifae for calling me a pussy that day.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby 2ndNin » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am

Don't tank ramparts.

Ramparts is actually surprisingly hard the prot pally way, no cc = large pulls, fast hits and stuns. Something like mechanar (bar 2nd boss, and thats mostly a healer gets toasty problem :D) is much easier and better at getting your bearings. Ramparts, due to the stuns (similar to sh) requires you to have the raw hits to sit there and take 4-6s of pounding from whatever you pulled, so its no fun. Mech / sv etc are much easier in this regard and ub is ridiculously easy if you can survive the 2 giants at the first boss.

Also the idea of failure should be common, find a group you are willing to wipe with and sit and pull stuff till you find when you die, you need to know the limits of your class and your gear, if you don't have this knowledge you will either underpull (bad on mana) or overpull (bad on bills). The rest will likely complain, but you need to learn about these pulls first, its easy as a warrior-style saying cc everything but if you want to drop a consecrate you need to know the pulls and what you can survive.

Secondly remember that the tank marks. In a run the tank should be deciding the pulls, deciding what gets cc'd and what gets left alone, you know your class and you know how the pull should work, if you let someone else take party lead things will get marked in bad ways, people won't co-ordinate as you want them too, so make sure you are marking. As a caveat though, if you can survive you can not mark at all (bar things like legionnaries in sh which need to die first) and let the dps do what they want, its a refreshing way to run rather than heavy marks.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics