Missing the Memo

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Amirya » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:31 am

That's just awesome.

Next time Worldie posts, he'll tell us about how he broke his leg while going down the stairs to get a glass of water.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:57 am

O_O

theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:28 am

Somebody really likes ACDC?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby halabar » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:42 am

Worldie wrote:Also apparently someone forgot half-waterfall here

wait.. there never was a waterfall there.. so you actually conjured half of one. Well done!
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:50 am

I just noticed.. There are NPC's playing Hearthstone just outside the Shrine!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby econ21 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:51 pm

Just noticed you can do heroic scenarios via oqueue. (Yes, my server really is that bad - it's hard to find 2 people to do one with you.)
econ21

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:32 pm

Me and a friend ran into this: Looks like this trainer missed the memo about Cataclysm going live

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:52 am

This seems an appropriate thread for my question:

Protection for bad luck streaks have been added to bonus rolls. Each bonus roll that does not provide loot has a progressively better chance to award loot to the player.

How does this work? Is it per raid instance, or per week, or what? Should I spend two bonus rolls in LFR before I go spend one on Ordos?
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:51 am

It's separated per difficulty as far as Blizzard has stated.
Though no official source for this, I should think Ordos would count in the "normal" difficulty range.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby econ21 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:51 am

There was a recent post by GC or someone, which said that anyone who said they'd coined the same boss 9 times (or however many) and never received any loot was lying.

My reading of that was that loot protection was per boss (per difficulty as well would make sense). So each time you unsuccessfully coin Garrosh on Flex, your chance of a further unsuccessful coin roll on Garrosh on Flex goes down and keeps doing so until it is zero or negligible. Maybe I am interpreting the Blizzard statement too literally, but if it were otherwise, then of course someone could have 9 streaks of bad luck with a particular boss.
econ21

Postby Era » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:40 am

But surely there's some sort of reset mechanism? Or will I eventually get bonus loot from Ordos every single time I use a coin? :/
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Zalaria » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:02 am

It resets when you get loot.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:11 am

Ah of course! Okay, so per boss and until loot then - that does sort of make sense. :lol: Thanks people!
Era

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:38 am

Problem is when after 5 failed rolls you get a item..... that you don't need or already have :p

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amirya » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:07 am

Worldie wrote:Problem is when after 5 failed rolls you get a item..... that you don't need or already have :p

^^

I hate that shit. So much. Like, "dude, I wanted the shoulders, not the mace. I AM USING IT."

My favorite was in ToT when I was using the Int Fist Weapon, got it again as a normal win, and then again as bonus loot.

And by favorite, I was pissed. :lol:
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General