Mythic is NOT a HARDER difficulty than current Heroic!!!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Mythic is NOT a HARDER difficulty than current Heroic!!!

Postby Io.Draco » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:44 pm

Sure Blizzard did remove them, but close to a year after 2.1 was added.

But yes there was story, weaved into the attunment quests, especially for BT with the story involving Akama/Maiev/Illidan.
Io.Draco

Postby cdan » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:10 pm

You have to admit that there is something kind of lacking in the game when access to all areas is just so easy these days.

I've killed Garrosh about 10 times now across various chars and I'm still waiting for the sense of achievement to kick in.

Finally getting the key to Scholo was more of an event. ;)
cdan

Postby Amirya » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:39 pm

Sure, there's that, but it's not nearly the same as this demand of an exclusive heroic only raid that only Real Raiders will care about, regardless of what may be happening outside of the game, and stating that the lack of an exclusive heroic only raid is why WoW sucks these days and is Blizzard's downfall.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:22 pm

cdan wrote:You have to admit that there is something kind of lacking in the game when access to all areas is just so easy these days.

I've killed Garrosh about 10 times now across various chars and I'm still waiting for the sense of achievement to kick in.

In all fairness, that's rose colored glasses. When you got that Scholo key, the game was relatively new and fresh. After all these years, if they did that today, you would just complain about the grind to get it probably. Look at the complaints about the legendary cloak quest. That's probably longer that any of those attunement quests, and does it really feel special to anyone now?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Fetzie » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:06 pm

halabar wrote:
cdan wrote:You have to admit that there is something kind of lacking in the game when access to all areas is just so easy these days.

In all fairness, that's rose colored glasses. When you got that Scholo key, the game was relatively new and fresh. After all these years, if they did that today, you would just complain about the grind to get it probably. Look at the complaints about the legendary cloak quest. That's probably longer that any of those attunement quests, and does it really feel special to anyone now?

The only thing that was special about me getting the cloak, was that I was the first person in the guild to have the legendary version (followed 2 minutes later by somebody else - we made it into a race). The actual quest chain was nowhere near as fulfilling as when I did the Dreadsteed questline on my Warlock.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby bldavis » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:44 pm

honestly the joy that the chain was over was about the only enjoyment i got from that chain...

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Darielle » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:37 pm

Not sure the Legendary quest is really comparable to some of the epic quest chains of old though. The Wrathion stuff has been pretty mired by:
- "PvP in my PvE"!!
- Secrets RNG
- Runestones RNG
- Mandatory 6-week (now 3) pit stop
- Very little compelling individual stuff; even the Shadowmourne chain at least had some interesting modifications to fights. Certainly, nothing comparable to something like Rhok'Delar.

By contrast, some of the BC attunement chains spanned entire zone-wide quest arcs in Shadowmoon or Netherstorm and things that were actually interesting to do for the time (rescuing Millhouse, Executioner etc.). If you gave people a choice between Legendary chain and Tier 0.5 chain to obtain the same cloak, they'd probably take the latter.
Darielle

Postby Fetzie » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:09 pm

Yeah, let's just consider the Black Temple attunement.

Firstly, you didn't know you were doing it until you were doing it.
It didn't have any quests designed as a time-sink (wait 6 weeks, collect 20 of these things you're only going to get 3 of per week if you are lucky).
It had you do interesting things in your raid, like dressing up as Ashtongue before killing Al'ar.

Or the Challenges of the Naaru, like the Executioner run in shattered halls.

We need that kind of stuff. Not arbitrary "this is only going to take a long time because we decided we want you to spend 5 weeks collecting these quest items" time-sinks. And please, no more "go grind 4000 mobs so you can be exalted on your alt because you really don't want to quest to exalted with a faction that gives you no tangible benefit because we went and made all previous content totally obsolete".
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:14 pm

I do agree with the whole above, but you guys are missing the point of those "collect X items with shit droprate" parts.

They are there to keep people running LFR. If they weren't there, the population of LFR would MASSIVELY drop, and I mean, MASSIVELY, because most chars would run them once (if even) and never set foot in them again, essentially making it impossible to have reliable queue timers for non-current content LFR.

It sounds well, horrible to most LFR haters, but I'm quite sure that's the main reason they are there.
(obviously toghether with it just being a artificial cockblock for heroic guilds to not complete them in the first week)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:41 pm

Fetzie wrote:We need that kind of stuff. Not arbitrary "this is only going to take a long time because we decided we want you to spend 5 weeks collecting these quest items" time-sinks. And please, no more "go grind 4000 mobs so you can be exalted on your alt because you really don't want to quest to exalted with a faction that gives you no tangible benefit because we went and made all previous content totally obsolete".

and then 3 people leave your guide and you're fucked for progression until you can poach from another guild screwing them over or you can attune more people. That's the bad side to attunement chains.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Fetzie » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:45 pm

I'm not saying "bring back attunements". I'm saying "make a quest chain that isn't simply a series of rather boring time sinks".

Fetzie

Postby Flex » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:57 pm

Fetzie wrote:I'm not saying "bring back attunements". I'm saying "make a quest chain that isn't simply a series of rather boring time sinks".

Legendaries from raids should really only involve raid stuff and minimal if anything outside of that.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:23 am

I disagree. It's nice to be involved into outer world stuff, though, boring rep grinds aren't really my idea of fun.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:08 am

No love for the Isle of Thunder scenario chain, and the Wrathion solo quests tied into that?
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Io.Draco » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:44 am

and then 3 people leave your guide and you're fucked for progression until you can poach from another guild screwing them over or you can attune more people. That's the bad side to attunement chains.

Sure there's that side to attunment quests, though let's face it poaching still happens only for different reasons.

Considering the mechanics we have in place right now I'd like Blizzard to add attunment quests back in BUT if say 10-15 people get it done in your guild then you get a guild perk that allows anyone in your guild to enter the raid instance, no reputation requirement but if you leave the guild you lose the ability unless you have completed the chain yourself.

Also for individual player characters, tie to an account achievement so you only have to do it once.

Legendaries from raids should really only involve raid stuff and minimal if anything outside of that.

I disagree, I think as Worldie said it's cool to have stuff outside raids to do.
Io.Draco

PreviousNext

Return to General