what about LFR?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

what about LFR?

Postby oldboyz » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:30 am

i'm very curious to have your opinion on LFR

it looks to me that LFR is the nightmare of all of us, or... the best tool to threat your child "if you dont eat your soup, i send you to LFR!"

i had to often run LFR the past, (i've 7alt 90), a little bit for stuff, too much because of the legendary quest, most for quick Vaillance cap, i've seen things no one should
now all these reasons have gone, i've completely stop LFR, thanks gods
(i've still 3 alts without their back, but no time for them, and - i - don't want - to - go - anymore - in - LFR - damn it)

now flex-oqueue is becoming some kind of new LFR contagion... (those last 3 week were horrors in P3&P4), should deserve an another topic on it :mrgreen:

what i hated the most in LFR : "big" player who didn't care at all ("cauz lol lfr is garbage") the vicious circle of no hope!! no one do any attention, neither i am, no one push the number, why should i too? wipe is the fault of the other 24 folks, they don't deserve me, afk follow for the win (and so everyone is waiting other to do the job). Explaining strat is futile, we try, we saw no result, burn all in hell
(even me i've to confess, that many time, i just auto atttacked while reading web, just for my sanity :roll: )

now that most serious raider don't go anymore in LFR, it loot like it became even worse (i've heard some folks saw too many determintation buff on each boss), wondering the reality. i don't want to see by melself :mrgreen:
what's the new on the front? any survivor to tell us?

so sad i can't have all the stats (number of raid, number of leaver, number of determination buff), may be most of LFR are fine, and i'm just a black cat... :oops:
or...
we are all black cats, hahaha!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

LFR is about :
1- how motivate good player to come and play their best
2- how help the worse one to improve

Blizcom's answer : 4 levels of difficulty... (from mythic designed for the most dedicated to LFR for the most casual) GG :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

what i've dream about LFR : score!! how nice should it be to have a score each time you kill a boss
bad stuff should give you debuff (and each time you take dommage, you do less dommage&heal), at the end of the fight : the less debuff, the more score :wink:
kill special adds&stuff should give you more score
of course, score is not that easy (except for dps folks ^^), but even for tank and heal, Blizz should propose us something (for healer, bonus when they heal low life. for tank the more they avoid, the more score, so to time correctly their CD and active mitigation)
i'm quite sure it would motivate most people to improve
it would allow then ranking etc (to the raid, but to WW too)
ranking should allow tittle/Achiev. and bonus loot or kind of

of course it would required some serious ressource to implement it but it look to me ridiculous compare to all the $ blizz get from us :D (and the fact that LFR could be more popular and add more addictitivy!)

so sad there was nothing about LFR in blizcom 2013, means no one care, vicious circle is gonna stay for long
Last edited by oldboyz on Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
oldboyz

Re: what about LFR?

Postby Paxen » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:17 am

My problem with LFR is that quick kills is what is expected. That means there no sense of accomplishment when you do kill a boss (after all, it's LFR) and endless frustration when you don't down it.

If the outcome is either a shrug or endless frustration, there's not much point in going in there.
Paxen

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:42 am

To me LFR is just a glorified heroic dungeon.

I wish there was a way to actually punish afk people.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Io.Draco » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:10 am

Worldie wrote:To me LFR is just a glorified heroic dungeon.

I wish there was a way to actually punish afk people.

The fun part is when you are trying to kick them but some dumbass decides to pull the boss, oh joy. Also when you say "glorified heroic dungeon" I have to ask of which dungeons are you talking about in what expansion? :P

My biggest annoyance is the determination buff, seriously Blizzard you are going to REWARD scrubs for failing by increasing their damage, health and healing?
Io.Draco

Postby Extermi » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:30 am

Worldie wrote:To me LFR is just a glorified heroic dungeon.

It is more a glorified normal dungeon. But then I´m not talking about the heroic dungeons of today, obviously, but back in time when a heroic dungeon was difficult and required coordination, teamwork, crowd control and all that for succeeding.

I stopped doing LFR before even completing wing 4, out of sheer boredom - I believe I will at some time finish it but it never was an enjoyable experience, you do this only for the gear.
Extermi

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:38 am

Io.Draco wrote:My biggest annoyance is the determination buff, seriously Blizzard you are going to REWARD scrubs for failing by increasing their damage, health and healing?

Sad thing on this subject, last week i was tanking LFR with my tank buddy, on downfall, first 2 bosses went down easily. We get to Garrosh, while the RP plays, someone actually proposed "Should we wipe a couple times to get stacks?"
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Koatanga » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:18 pm

Io.Draco wrote:My biggest annoyance is the determination buff, seriously Blizzard you are going to REWARD scrubs for failing by increasing their damage, health and healing?

Something had to be done - people would scatter like cockroaches after one wipe. With determination, they know that they will eventually succeed regardless of how bad the group is, so they might suffer through a couple of wipes.

Having said that, I avoid LFR where possible. I should be running it to get things, but it's just too painful to deal with, and I don't have 3 hours to clear one wing.

I guess I've gone soft - I once spent 3 hours clearing Shadow Labs.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Io.Draco » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:19 pm

How about making the leaving system more punishing, then you would see less leavers. The reason people leave is that they are not punished at all for it.
Io.Draco

Postby halabar » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:27 pm

Io.Draco wrote:How about making the leaving system more punishing, then you would see less leavers. The reason people leave is that they are not punished at all for it.

That could trap people with the trolls. Need to deal with the trolls first.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby cdan » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:31 pm

"Your lack of activity has marked you as afk in an instance, you will be teleported to the nearest meeting stone" - Blizz autokick = simple.
cdan

Postby Io.Draco » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:37 pm

halabar wrote:
Io.Draco wrote:How about making the leaving system more punishing, then you would see less leavers. The reason people leave is that they are not punished at all for it.

That could trap people with the trolls. Need to deal with the trolls first.

That's why we have the awesome vote kicking system.

Honestly I'd take the trolls any fucking day over the bore that LFR is atm. ( Although ideally I"d want LFR completely removed...not that Blizzard would ever do that ).
Io.Draco

Postby Fetzie » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:58 pm

Koatanga wrote:

Something had to be done - people would scatter like cockroaches after one wipe. With determination, they know that they will eventually succeed regardless of how bad the group is, so they might suffer through a couple of wipes.

Having said that, I avoid LFR where possible. I should be running it to get things, but it's just too painful to deal with, and I don't have 3 hours to clear one wing.

I guess I've gone soft - I once spent 3 hours clearing Shadow Labs.

Yeah, but you spent those 3 hours with people that you knew (and probably liked).
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby econ21 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:41 pm

LFR is very variable. Some days, I feel like the OP but more often than not, I feel the opposite. There are many objective factors influencing that variation but I suspect a lot of it is subjective - to do with one's own state of mind and expectations.

Are you willing to spend 60 minutes and wipe 4-6 times to kill Garrosh in LFR? That's probably a tough sell for most people on this forum and for me in the future, no doubt. But so far, I've enjoyed doing so - I haven't done the fight on any other difficulty, so it's quite interesting me (aka seeing the content) and maybe it will be good practice. Most of the others in LFR I am with seem to feel the same, as they seem to try hard and take their knocks without protest.

Are you willing to watch two incompetent tanks wipes the raid on Immerseus LFR because they can't taunt switch? That's a tougher sell for me and most LFRers (cue mass exodus after second Immerseus wipe last Sunday evening).

I suspect I have a higher opinion than most of LFR because I usually tank there on my main. You can't really carry a raid as a tank in LFR anymore, but you can reduce the risk of wipes quite a lot. When I am not tanking on an alt, I tend to silently rage at failing tanks (although many are very good).

I also find LFR rather fascinating socially - the dynamics between 25 strangers trying to work together are really unpredictable and interesting to watch, especially if you are trying to engineer a positive outcome. It's like participating in some convoluted psychological trial.

There are problems with LFR and no doubt it could be improved, but I feel that a lot of the negativity from more progressed players is unhelpful - you don't like it, don't run it. The rewards are so marginal, you can't say you have to run it. (I'm ostensibly there for some tier pieces, but only have 1 to show for my efforts). Have the wisdom to know what you can can't change and the grace to accept it.
econ21

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:48 pm

Usually "high ranked players" still have to run LFR for alts. Most flex pugs demand 535/540+ ilvl, and getting 528 items from LFR helps a ton to get in there.

I never set foot in LFR on my main, but my alts kinda have to if they want any improvement in their ilvl.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Arnock » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:11 pm

I quit WoW shortly before Cataclysm's launch and stayed away until this summer, where I came back for a few months after a serious bout of nostalgia.

When I initially started playing again, I was looking forward to LFR raids, I knew they were supposed to be easier than normals, but I figured that there would be enough of a challenge to keep me entertained, seeing as I didn't have the time to commit to a dedicated raid schedule.

After I hit 90 and got enough gear, I joined in a few runs, and it was one of the most boring experiences in my wow career. Noone in the group would explain the fights. Eventually, after I asked, someone told me to just ignore mechanics.

So I did.

We went in, the tanks pulled, we killed the bosses, and the moved on.

I ran several more LFR runs, and think I actually was geared enough to move on to the second tier groups, but I just couldn't find the motivation to continue.

I really miss TBC/wrath.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Next

Return to General