Mythic is NOT a HARDER difficulty than current Heroic!!!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Mythic is NOT a HARDER difficulty than current Heroic!!!

Postby Incalcando » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:14 am

There are SO many people out there who didn't get the message, due to a misleading front page announcement on MMO-champ. What's happening here is that Flex and Normal are simply renamed to Normal and Heroic respectively, because both use the flexible scaling system and it wouldn't make sense to have 2 difficulties with it, but only one named flex.

Mythic is just a RENAME for heroic, the new thing here is the group size ONLY.

In other words, while there technically IS 10HC next expansion, it will be as hard as 10 normal now. If you want the equivalent of heroic raiding in WoD 20-man mythic is your only option.

I'm sorry if this is being discussed in another thread, I really felt like it needed its own with the amount of misinformation floating around at the moment and it being the most important change for PvE guilds that they announced.
Incalcando

Re: Mythic is NOT a HARDER difficulty than current Heroic!!!

Postby Kai » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:17 am

edit: yeah, just saw some folks posting rather confused stuff. nevermind this, sorry. :)
Last edited by Kai on Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kai

Postby Incalcando » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:37 am

Kai wrote:you can read & write english, make proper use of both caps lock and bold letters . sweet!

It might be obvious to you, but basically every single person that I talked to who did not watch the livestream of Blizzcon and just read about the changes afterwards has the wrong idea. I don't know what the problem with what I posted is, if a moderator thinks it contributes nothing he should just delete it.
Incalcando

Postby Fenris » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:56 am

And that's what most people i've seen have problems with,not the names

I'd been happy for 20m heroics back when my 25m guild still hold up

But Cataclysm managed to kill that and force us into 10m.

Now my,reduced,10m guild will have to recruit a crapload of peple just to keep running heroics,and since everyone will be doing the same,it'll be a mess.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Fenrìr » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:08 am

This really didn't need it's own thread when there's a whole WoD discussion one going on. Teranoid already stated the same information a whole day sooner than this, so a simple check and re-emphasis would have sufficed, imo.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33615&start=90

Second post from the bottom and then it just delves out from there during the next four pages.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:11 am

Fenris wrote:

And that's what most people i've seen have problems with,not the names

I'd been happy for 20m heroics back when my 25m guild still hold up

But Cataclysm managed to kill that and force us into 10m.

Now my,reduced,10m guild will have to recruit a crapload of peple just to keep running heroics,and since everyone will be doing the same,it'll be a mess.

Fortunately, a bunch of other 10-man guilds will be recruiting new players, too. And 25-man guilds will be shedding players. This means that you can have guild mergers or just take the people leaving 25-man guilds. It really won't be that big of a deal if some guilds are willing to collapse into others.
Belloc

Postby Io.Draco » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:30 am

It's a dumb system in so many ways.

Having separate raid lockouts for every single difficulty is a big FUCK YOU to regular raiders. It just means we will have to do everything multiple times per week over and over again.
Io.Draco

Postby Jabari » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:50 am

Io.Draco wrote:Having separate raid lockouts for every single difficulty is a big FUCK YOU to regular raiders. It just means we will have to do everything multiple times per week over and over again.

I really, really, really don't get why this is.

My hunter (i.e., a "regular raider" - currently 1/14H) has done a grand total of one wing of flex this entire patch.

Now, I constantly run Flex with my other characters (i.e., the ones NOT doing normal). I also have basically completely avoided LFR - the only times I really do LFR anymore are to finish up cloaks (all done now), and I'll sometimes take my enchanter/healer through MV 1 for some quick VP and sha crystals.

So for me it's been one difficulty per char per week. Nothing more.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Flex » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:38 am

They explained it as well. "We tend not to do well when we limit what players can do."

So fuck all the complainers this is what you get.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:58 am

If you run all the resets every week , you aren't a regular raider nor a casual, you are a wannabe hardcore.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Io.Draco » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:02 pm

Worldie wrote:If you run all the resets every week , you aren't a regular raider nor a casual, you are a wannabe hardcore.

I should explain that when I mean regular raiders I am talking of guilds which are interested in clearing all the current content on the hardest difficulty before the next raiding tier comes out.

To me hardcore is not indicative of skill but rather time spent playing, and you can be a shit player but still be hardcore just like you can be casual but also extremely skilled.
Io.Draco

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:10 pm

Exactly. IF you put THAT MUCH time you aren't a regular raider. Regular raiders rarely even bother with LFR and Flex, because they got a real life to attend and thus have just the time for needed stuff.

If you are putting that much effort in WoW, you might be a casual skilled player, but are pretending to put hardcore amount of time in it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Io.Draco » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:18 pm

Imagine though you are a new or returning player without a guild, you have to do LFR to get gear and you even have to do Flex to a degree before being able to even step foot in normal raiding with a guild.
Io.Draco

Postby halabar » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:34 pm

Time available =/= hardcore or casual...

Also, if you are clearing all the hardest content each tier, you likely won't need to run LFR, and perhaps even the new Normal, because your gear will be good enough to where it's not worth the effort.

Of course, you may need to on the first tier of the expansion.

Back on topic...

Now that there is one level of top-end raiding, while they say that mythic is not harder than the new heroic, it would not suprise me at all if they tuned it a bit tighter, and things took a bit longer than in the past. I'll bet that they'll make sure it deserves that "mythic" title.

Would not suprise me to see the new "heroic" tuned a bit tighter as well, and LFR a bit weaker...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Belloc » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:16 pm

Io.Draco wrote:It's a dumb system in so many ways.

Having separate raid lockouts for every single difficulty is a big FUCK YOU to regular raiders. It just means we will have to do everything multiple times per week over and over again.

Can you explain to me, then, why I haven't run Flex on my Paladin since the week that Downfall was released? Why I haven't even touched LFR on my Paladin? Why I only run two of the Flex wings on my warlock?

I mean, they all have their own lockouts and I consider myself a regular (non-hardcore) raider and I'm certainly not doing everything multiple times per week over and over again. Why do you think it'll be different in WoD?
Belloc

Next

Return to General