Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:10 am

Couldn't get any games played last night after I got to 29/40 minions destroyed because of "playful sprites" (aka, network/account bugs). Had a spare half hour this morning so logged on to play a game, but the new quest is Rogue/Warrior wins.

I put together a quick Warrior deck and hit practice to start levelling, but guess what? Playful sprites on practice mode, too! Bah.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:08 am

Logged on for two quick games this morning and won both. Was surprised by the reward for 100 wins popping up. So now I have 400 gold.

Figure I'll do 3 arena entries next, rather than buying packs.

I made my deck a little more aggressive: took out a Mirror Image for a Mana Wyrm, made room for an Argent Commander (IIRC? The one with Divine Shield and Charge) and two Wolfriders, seems to be working out. Not entirely convinced by the 1-health Wolfriders, though.

Also need to sort out my AoE. Currently have 1 Arcane Explosion, 1 Blizzard, 1 Flamestrike, and 2 Cone of Colds. Not sure that works. Could maybe swap to two Blizzards or two AEs instead of one of each, but can't work out which would be better.

Unfortunately today's new quest is Shaman or Warlock, so I need another new hero levelled.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:37 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I made my deck a little more aggressive: took out a Mirror Image for a Mana Wyrm, made room for an Argent Commander (IIRC? The one with Divine Shield and Charge) and two Wolfriders, seems to be working out. Not entirely convinced by the 1-health Wolfriders, though.

I don't see Wolf Riders happening for mages: Wolfriders are nothing more than a 3-mana frostbolt without the Freeze at that point. The Commander *is* nice, otoh, espcially if you run with a few taunters/Defenders of Argus.

KysenMurrin wrote:Also need to sort out my AoE. Currently have 1 Arcane Explosion, 1 Blizzard, 1 Flamestrike, and 2 Cone of Colds. Not sure that works. Could maybe swap to two Blizzards or two AEs instead of one of each, but can't work out which would be better.

Depends on the deck structure and metagame I guess. I'd rather have Blizzard's "All-purpose" approach for the increased cost. Only reason I'd use AE is for weenie decks (à la Murloc)

KysenMurrin wrote:Unfortunately today's new quest is Shaman or Warlock, so I need another new hero levelled.

If I get a vote I'd say Warlock. I've been working on a SuiLock deck (shuns discard effect and focuses on Health management in order to summon early big nasties like the Pit Lord), and it's *so* fast and furious it's ridiculous. And IF you get bogged down? BOOM, instant Jarraxus (when/if I ever get it in a pack :-p)
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:46 am

Maybe I should switch the Wolfriders back to Shieldmastas, then. At least, I think I swapped out the Shieldmastas? Haven't seen them for a while. Or maybe a Yeti.

Thing with AoE is, Blizzard feels a little expensive for its damage (though of course Freezing a strong line can buy you a turn) but AE feels very weak unless you get a line of low health minions.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:03 am

Well, that's basically what they're here for - hard counter against weenie decks with a side-dish of some damage on bigger things. It's also fairly rare to see more than one 1 Health minion on the table. Blizzard already feels nicer than a Kobold/AE combo.

On the non-weenie side of things, consider you'll probably have 3 minions on the other side. Blizzard becomes a 6 damage spell for 5, with a build-in Freeze.

All in all, I feel it's worth the investment. It's not likely you're going to need that AE on turn 3 or 4.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:47 am

Alright. Once I'm done with my Arenas I'll see if I can get myself a second Blizzard card.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:34 am

If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:53 am

Okay, three arena runs: First, 3/3 with a Hunter. Then 1/3 with a godawful Warrior deck (lots of 2s, only one 4), then another 3/3 with a Hunter again.

Didn't get anything useful from the card packs. But I had 95 dust once I was done.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:41 pm

So today I encountered Lord Jaraxxus (Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion) for the first time.

Is it just me, or is that card ridiculously overpowered?

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:58 pm

the issue with playing him is he replaces your character and has only 15 health

but yeah i agree, seems pretty OP

oh and open beta coming in dec/jan

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:16 pm

He replaces your hero, with a ridiculous hero power (though yeah, not useful for two turns), and almsot always is used to heal up to 15 health.

Anyway, apart from that one Warlock I am totally on fire right now. I've won every single match but that one for the last hour and a half.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:19 pm

And then I had two of the most ridiculous, frustrating, and yet somehow still fun Warrior matches ever.

Both games, in a row, myself and the Warrior were reduced to drawing 1 card a turn and barely any minions, barely able to deal damage to each other. The first, we got to 0 cards left and the Warrior won because their hero ability would let them live through the card draw. The second, I won, barely.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Aubade » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:26 pm

- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Kai » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:52 am

mind control up to 10 mana. hmm. card definitely needed to get tuned down, but a common at 10? you will see this 2-3 times during deck building quite often. at 10 mana you definitely want one. but more then that? maaaybe a second, but 10 is heavy. most of my games end before I reach 10 mana. but I guess something had to be done, was just too good as it is. I would have preferred to just let silence remove the mind control though.

and arena up to 12 wins. 9 is already a lot, not all that excited to be playing 10-11 games with one deck as it is. the deck building process is definitely more fun to me. would prefer to cap at 7 wins, but I guess there will be extra prizes and you can always retire at 8 (which is correct if you only want to play arena as the 9th win gives you a pack/gold card instead of gold).
Kai

Postby sahiel » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:34 pm

Just watched the Trump vs Artosis game in the Invitational at Blizzcon and there were some really nice decks. Artosis Paladin deck and Trumps priest deck were brutal, last game ended with a vicious Hellscream/Inner Rage combo.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games