Remove Advertisements

Zul'jin phase 4 Lynx

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Zul'jin phase 4 Lynx

Postby Sagedin » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:48 pm

Hey all, this is my first post here on Maintankadin, but I've been reading your site for quite some time and always enjoyed reading experiences and stories from other tankadins.

However I couldn't quite find a post about the problem I am having at Zul'jin. I was appointed as the tank for Zul'jin tonight for our guilds first try and after some wipes (wel some might be an understatement) we finally got the first three phases down.

However during the Lynx phase our raid gets slaughtered. As I can't intervene I have no ways of protecting my group members except for a single BoP (only pala in the raid) and our healers get killed quite fast. I know most people posting here are overgeared for Zul and maybe that is why they do not have this issue, but maybe I have missed something.

Our guild progress isn't very far yet (kara on farm, HKM downed), but untill the lynx phase it was very doable. However during this phase we lose to many people. Maybe our composition isn't very good and that is a problem, but I got the idea that a warrior would be better suited for this fight. Hopefully you can convince me from the oposite.

Btw our raid composition was:

1x Paladin (tank)
3x priests (2 holy/disc + 1 shadow)
2x druid (feral + resto)
1x Hunter
1x Mage
1x Rogue
1x Shaman (elemental)
Sagedin

Postby Ris » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:20 pm

We killed zul'jin before ever entering a 25man, only in kara/badge epics. A warrior wouldn't really be any better than a paladin for this fight. Considering the constant threat wipes on phase changes and the paladin frontloaded threat its almost ideal for you to be doing it.

Just make sure everyone stands directly behind the lynx, not spread out. So that when he turns your dps stays constant to get him out of this phase as fast as possible. Use bloodlusts etc to burn him through this phase as well. However since your problem is people dying when he does his attack on them, the only real solution is for your healers to be quicker on healing them.

You get maybe a second of time before he actually starts the attack, healers need to react quickly when this occurs to keep the person up. Any form of delay and the person is going to be dead. You can also throw out heals to help keep said person alive as you wont be taking damage during it. I would advise not healing until you have a threat lead though so that someone doesn't take aggro because you stopped to heal.
Ris

Postby Sagedin » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:30 pm

The thing is in most strategy guides a warrior is used as they can intervene. I was just wondering if there was something I can do except saying heal harder/faster.
Sagedin

Postby Worldie » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:12 pm

Intervene takes one hit every 30 seconds, the target is going to take all the rest. It's not gamebreaking, just a -very- small help. And you can't intervene in such a small distance anyway.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ris » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:46 pm

Sagedin wrote:The thing is in most strategy guides a warrior is used as they can intervene. I was just wondering if there was something I can do except saying heal harder/faster.

Most every strategy guide doesn't include a paladin tanking, just the way it is even though we are viable for nearly everything. Like I said in though in place of intervene you can heal during that part.
Ris

Postby Questioner » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:02 am

Intervene is only a minimal benefit on this fight. You have BoP, that's even better.

For us, whenever BoP is down and the person needs to be alive, I immediately hit target of target max rank holy light. Your 2.5s 2.5k heals can easily be the difference in the target surviving. You shouldn't have much mana issues either.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Sthallas » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:32 am

Questioner wrote:Intervene is only a minimal benefit on this fight. You have BoP, that's even better.

For us, whenever BoP is down and the person needs to be alive, I immediately hit target of target max rank holy light. Your 2.5s 2.5k heals can easily be the difference in the target surviving. You shouldn't have much mana issues either.

QFT. Also save your BoP for a clothie, hunters feign, rogues vanish/evasion, watch target of target and cast your max HL as mentioned above, Also group everyone up behind the lynx for CoH and Chain Heal which are godly for the raid dot dmg he does when he spins through the raid. Once your healers have that part down the only thing the raid needs to worry about is moving to stay out of Flame Columns in P5 (still gets some of our ranged even after all these months lol).
Sthallas

Postby Sagedin » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:23 pm

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

I already have my BoP macro'ed to put it on target of target (saving dps when taunt is on cooldown or just to get it into that warriors head to stop taunting my mob). Probably the fact we had been going at it for 3+ hours didn't help keeping everyone on their toes. Didn't think about healing during the claw rage as that would leave me crushable if he gets back.

Well some new ideas and a fresh start might make a difference, again thanks for the advice.
Sagedin

Postby Gerilith » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:17 am

Train your healers. Even with T6, you sometimes have to spam maxrank heals on cloth wearers. Intervene does nothing more than helping healers not to suck because of long reaction times.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Return to Zul'aman