Warlords of Draenor

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Warlords of Draenor

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:36 pm

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/349 ... -Expansion

With commas as not confirmed but still.

Assuming this is true and just a VERY EVIL teaser from Blizzard few days before Blizzcon, and not a joke...

Sounds very expected to me, after all the fuss with the Legion in Wrathion storyline.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: "Warlords of Draenor"

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:08 pm

Is there a particular reason why this has to refer to WoW (if real)?

Because it's kind of a dumb name for a WoW expansion, the thing that sprang to mind for me was: "Heroes of Warcraft" -> "Warlords of Draenor".
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:16 pm

Well remember Mists of Pandaria had the same treatment, it got registered few days before the Blizzcon of that year.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Paxen » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:57 pm

I thought the Dark Below sounded very cool, and that title is certainly better than "Warlords of Draenor".

But I think that Warlords sounds like a better WoW expac than the Dark Below. Get back to the Burning Legion.
Paxen

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:39 pm

Dark below was confirmed to be a fake though.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Newsom » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:36 pm

Ugh, I really hope it's not time travelling to Outland/Draenor.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Worldie » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:55 am

Unlikely (though, it might fit the storylines).

Remember Bronze Dragonflight powers got nerfed a ton with Nozdormu becoming mortal, and they can no longer just randomly travel in time.
Though, there's the quest about the traitor in the flight...

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:50 am

Newsom wrote:Ugh, I really hope it's not time travelling to Outland/Draenor.

Why would we need to time travel?

The Burning Legion arrives in Outland for another shot at invading Azeroth. We need to kick them back out again. Culminates in a big battle at the Dark Portal which we win, but Sargeras escapes (or maybe turns up at a bad moment and slips through the dark portal).

Cue next expansion, Sargeras has over-run Azeroth and we need to kill him. Titans enter stage left, who restore the powers of the dragon aspects and give us places like Un'Goro crater and Sholazar Basin as a starting point because they feel bad for getting there late. Over the expansion, we kill Sargeras' minions, rout them out of their strongholds with the final battle with Sargeras in Northrend who wants the helmet of the Lich King to add the Scourge to his army. Then we have an epic battle with Sargeras alongside the dragon aspects, various factions we have helped in the past and the leaders of the Horde and the Alliance in which Lorewalker Cho gets trodden on accidentally by a Storm Giant and turned into a rug, but nobody cares.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Paxen » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:52 am

Fetzie wrote:Lorewalker Cho gets trodden on accidentally by a Storm Giant and turned into a rug, but nobody cares.

I would care :cry:
Paxen

Postby Worldie » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:49 am

Same, I like the guy =(

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:29 am

Worldie wrote:Same, I like the guy =(

Lorewalker Cho is Bran Bronzbeard in a panda suit... nothing but trouble.

So we are really getting another 'go fight Orcs' expac? If I played Orc, I would be annoyed. While Wrathion's talks obviously say that we'll be fighting the Burning legion at some point, the whole 'back in time' aspect of this seems like rehash.

I would have much preferred The Dark Below as the "leaked" info suggested.

Some speculation is saying that WoD is actually Warcraft 4, with an option for tablet play, based on the registration mentioning phones and tablets.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Worldie » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:39 am

Would a "WC4" make sense though with WoW going on? The storylines would inevitably end up clashing.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:09 pm

Worldie wrote:Would a "WC4" make sense though with WoW going on? The storylines would inevitably end up clashing.

RRREEEETTTTCCCCOOOONNNNNN!!!!!!!

(wanted to find a meme with that, but didnt find one and too lazy to look more)
and hell, does wow match up with WC 1-3 still?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:46 pm

Thing is, WoW is successive (not same-time) as WC1-3 and the storylines are perfectly continued.

If WC4 was released now, we'd have 2 storyline at same time. Everytime you do a patch in one, you'd need a patch doing the same thing in the other one.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:51 pm

Reading all the speculation and the leaks about time travel and whatnot... Not impressed at all, and contemplating retirement. If the whole thing winds up being Garrosh redemption in Outlands 2.0, I might really be done.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Next

Return to General