Remove Advertisements

Pet Battles

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Andurin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:34 am

Thanks for the tips guys :) Went in "blind" yesterday and got slaughtered... I`ll work on getting this thing done now ^^
Andurin

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:29 am

Why people say the Anubiseth Idol is so strong? After they nerfed his second ability it didnt feel anything special to me o_o
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jabari » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:51 am

jere wrote:A lot of people have trouble with Xu Fu and Chi Chi. Some beginners might have trouble, so it is usually a good idea to have some backups incase you mess up or have bad RNG.
<...> (as does Yu-la) <...>

As mentioned upthread a bit, snails own Chi-chi. Keep up Acidic and use Ooze Touch. You can also Dive when his Ethereal is up and avoid an attack. You'll probably need 2 snails for him.

Mr. Bigglesworth can basically solo Yu-la. IIRC, you Claw on the first turn, then Ice Tomb (she uses Fly), Ice Wall (Fly hits/blocked), Pass (Block #2, Tomb Hits), Claw (Stunned), Claw (Shield), Ice Tomb (Fly), etc. Something like that.

Worldie wrote:Why people say the Anubiseth Idol is so strong? After they nerfed his second ability it didnt feel anything special to me o_o

Sandstorm (and Lightning Storm) aren't nearly as good in PvP as they used to be, for sure. Idol is still really, really good for PvE stuff though.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Flex » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:54 am

Worldie wrote:Why people say the Anubiseth Idol is so strong? After they nerfed his second ability it didnt feel anything special to me o_o

You can easily solo Aki and Yon with him and Sandstorm will block most of the damage to a lowbie leveling pet, all of it if it is a stampede attack allowing you to quickly power level a pet.

Someone on the official forum did an entire guide to Pandaria Tamers using only the Idol and an Emerald Protodrake Whelp for power leveling purposes.

Another tip for powerleveling to 25 while just starting pet battles from the official forums:
1) Level any uncommon or better mechanicals you have to about level 5 or 6.
2) Fly to Karazhan and capture any uncommon/rare Arcane Eyes you can with your low level mechanical team.
3) Go to Dragonblight with your all Arcane Eye team and capture any rare/uncommon pets from the Dragonbone Hatchlings.
4) Finish off the Dragonbone Hatchling team in Valley of the Four Winds grinding on Aquatics.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby jere » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:36 pm

The Idol can also solo the fire spirit if you time stuff right on the first two (last enemy is just poisons + stampede type ability, so it isn't of consequence). In addition, he is really good on other tamers that have pets with poisons, dives, burrows, and multi hit attacks. Very good in pve. I tend to use stone skin over sandstorm in PvE. Even for Aki, stoneskin negates the effects of lightning storm (the extra damage is blocked and the enemies don't have mechanical abilities). His biggest flaw is RNG on Crush, but honestly, I use him all the time and only run into that getting me every few days or so.

Jabari wrote:
jere wrote:A lot of people have trouble with Xu Fu and Chi Chi. Some beginners might have trouble, so it is usually a good idea to have some backups incase you mess up or have bad RNG.
<...> (as does Yu-la) <...>

As mentioned upthread a bit, snails own Chi-chi. Keep up Acidic and use Ooze Touch. You can also Dive when his Ethereal is up and avoid an attack. You'll probably need 2 snails for him.

I use two other teams actually.
Primary Team, Vampires Suck:
Senjin Fetish (wild magic + rot)
Giant Sewer Rat (stampede)
Some other stampede critter...mostly for RNG backup

Wild Magic > Rot > switch to stampede pet > stampede > switch to senjin > repeat
Usually kills him before needing to switch back. Doesn't have to be Giant Sewer Rat, but he has the highest Power of my available stampede pets.

Secondary team, Lambs to the Slaughter:
Highest Power Lambs x2 or 3
If not using 3x lambs, put in a Surge of Power user (legs, chrominus, etc)
Sleep > Chew > Stampede > repeat
If he gets a lucky crit that forces you out of sync, then make sure Chi Chi will fall asleep at the end of the round before ethereal.

This was actually the first team I got to work against him.
jere

Postby Taeron » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:12 am

Here's my (almost) guaranteed win team for Xu Fu:

Pandaren Water Spirit: Geyser > Whirlpool > swap in Chrominius: Howl > Surge of Power.

Unless Xu Fu messes up that 5 step rotation by critting Chromy and killing him in 2 shots, it's a kill before Xu Fu even considers Feed. :)

For Chi Chi I use 2 snails as suggested before.
Taeron

Postby Flex » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:34 pm

That's a standard variant of the Universal Team. Unborn Valk'yr, Water Spirit and Chrom.

Last night Xu-Fu abandoned in the middle of a stampede so I had to rebuild a team to beat him, was annoying.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:49 pm

So what's exactly so strong about Snails? I got one but doesn't seemb particulartly good.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Taeron » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Worldie wrote:So what's exactly so strong about Snails? I got one but doesn't seemb particulartly good.

Chi Chi's attacks are weak against snails, but his first attack is strong against flying I think. You basically tank your way to victory. And dive allows you to avoid one attack.
Taeron

Postby jere » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:43 am

Worldie wrote:So what's exactly so strong about Snails? I got one but doesn't seemb particulartly good.

Snails have many good perks:

1. Critters are immune to stun
2. Critters take reduced elemental Damage
3. Snails have Dive, which does extra damage to elementals. This makes them a hard counter to elementals
4. Shields are very potent against enemies with DoTs or Stampede like attacks. This can be very potent
5. Dive is good for avoiding things like Geyser/Whirlpool/etc in addition to remarks above

Against Chi Chi:
Since snails take reduced damage from elemental attacks, chi-chi uses multi-hit elemental attacks, and they have a shield on top of that, you can neuter Chi-Chi's attacks a lot more than most other pets. I've not used snails on Chi-Chi, so I don't know if people even bother to use shield or if they use Goo for more damage, but either way, a few snails should do well against him.
Last edited by jere on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
jere

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:54 am

Random question.

Anyone can point me to a good guide to the Tournament? Would like to know what sort of pets I need before engaging it.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby jere » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:52 am

Warcraftpets.com has a bunch in their forums (some official and some non-official). I would recommend looking specifically at the Celestials first, build teams for them, then start looking at the tamers since the celestials are fixed each week while the tamers are a bit random (1 of 3 different sets).
jere

Postby Flex » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:14 pm

Here's my entire roster and move set

Group 1

Lorewalker Cho
Nether Faeire Dragon: Arcane Blast, Evanescence, Moonfire
Crimson Geode: Feedback, Amp Magic, Elementium Bolt
Kun-Lai Runt: Takedown, Frost Shock, Rampage

Ion
Nexus Whelpling: Frost Breath, Mana Surge, Arcane Storm (first pet feign deaths use AS+MS to nuke it down, time it so a MS will kill it)
Grunty: U-238 Rounds, Shield Block, Launch
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling: Breath, Bombing Run, Decoy

Sully
Bandicoon: Tongue Lash, Survival, Powerball
Clefthoof Runt: Smash, Survival, Stampede
Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling: Squawk, Slicing Wind, Flock

Group 2

Chen
Mini Thor: Missile, Toxic Smoke, Sticky Grenade
Grove Viper: Bite, Hiss, Burrow
Swamp Croaker: Water Jet, Croak, Bubble

Taran Zhu (Undead attacks better to nuke him down than counter his varried abilities)
Lil K.T.: Shadow Slash, Siphon Life, Curse of Doom (make it so CoD will kill it)
Blighthawk: Infected Claw, Ghostly Bite, Lift-Off (make it so Ghostly Bite will kill it)
Stitched Pup: Diseased Bite, Howl, Consume Corpse

Wrathion
Bandicoon: Tongue Lash, Survival, Powerball
Anubisath Idol: Crush, Stoneskin, Deflection
Kun-Lai Runt: Takedown, Mangle, Rampage

Group 3

Wise Mari
Gilnean Raven: Peck, Call Darkness, Nocturnal Strike
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling: Breath, Thunderbolt, Decoy
Golden Civet Kitten: Bite, Survival, Dive

Blingtron
Eternal Strider: Water Jet, Healing Wave, Pump
Flayer Youngling: Triple Snap, Deflection, Rampage
Pandaren Earth Spirit: Stone Shot, Rupture, Crystal Prison (use CP after Rupture if it doesn't stun)

Kiryn
Lesser Voidcaller: Shadow Shock, Siphon Life, Curse of Doom
Jade Tentacle: Poisoned Branch, Shell Shield, Entangling Roots (elemental with a shield is ideal for second pet, but any shield pet should work)
Darkmoon Zeppelin: Missile, Bombing Run, Decoy

Bosses

Zao
I use a bomb team since I can't beat him normally
CoD pet, Pandaren Water Spirit, Chrominimus

Chi-Chi
Two snails or snail+magic attack pets

Yu-la
Mr Bigglesworth

Xu-Fu
Pet that can change the weather, a fast stampede pet such as Lil Bling or a S/S chicken from Kun-Lai Summit, Any mechanical with a strong every round attack
Flex

Postby jere » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:50 pm

As side note for Zao: you can replace Chrominus with a decent flyer with flock to reduce RNG issues (flyers take less damage from his attacks)
jere

Postby jere » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:00 am

I don't know if any of yall have played with it much, but Chi-Chi is turning out to be a decent pet overall. I highly recommend him as one of the first celestial tournament pets you pick up. I've found him to be a good replacement for the cricket on Wastewalker Shu (and a slightly faster fight as well), he can solo the Flowing Water spirit, and he is very effective against Taran Zhu in the tournament.

Taran Zhu (use Chi-Chi,Infected Squirrel, Stitched Pup):
Lead with Chi-Chi and cast Wild Magic
Feign death to absorb the stun
Infected Squirrel uses Creeping Fungus (buffed by wild magic)
Infected Squirrel uses Stampeded
Infected Squirrel continues Stampede (monk feigns)
Infected Squirrel continues Stampede on new monk (old monk dies in back row)
Infected Squirrel uses Creeping Fungus
Infected Squirrel uses Stampede (usually dies this round or next if not
Stitched Pup uses Diseased Bite until 2nd monk dies
Stitched Pup uses Howl on 3rd Monk
Stitched Pup uses Diseased Bite until 3rd monk dies (or if unlucky, pup dies)
Chi-Chi finishes off Monk with Alpha Strike

9/10 times I don't have to bring out Chi-Chi at the end. The reason for selecting Chi-Chi vs another Wild Magic (or similar Debuff user) is he can feign through the stun for a free pet swap, so one less round, which is nice. It also leaves him available for later fights.
jere

PreviousNext

Return to General