Remove Advertisements

Installed Mists a week ago, need some guidance.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Installed Mists a week ago, need some guidance.

Postby Ruldar » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:43 pm

Glad to have helped.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:24 am

Brute wrote:Would I be better off just looking for chests or are those pretty rare?

In-depth Timeless Isle Hidden Chest Guide (MMO-Champion) (with map)

You want to go open the chest number seven, though it takes maybe 10-15 minutes to get to it. Guaranteed 535 item and usually the best item to create with it is a helm as has the normal number of sockets.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:06 am

I would recommend you to get someone to go with for the last chest. The mobs before it are very though and challenging even for a single well geared person. There's usually 3 rares on the way for it as well.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:23 am

Worldie wrote:I would recommend you to get someone to go with for the last chest. The mobs before it are very though and challenging even for a single well geared person. There's usually 3 rares on the way for it as well.

I just stealth through (if you stand behind the chest the two elementals guarding it do not aggro), or just run in as far as you can, and corpse-run it.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Ruldar » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:17 am

The scuttler shell clicky item that gives you a reduced aggro range worked really well for the Mage, I am pretty sure he walked past all of the mobs and right up to that chest without aggroing anything.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby Brute » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:43 am

lythac wrote:
Brute wrote:Would I be better off just looking for chests or are those pretty rare?

In-depth Timeless Isle Hidden Chest Guide (MMO-Champion) (with map)

You want to go open the chest number seven, though it takes maybe 10-15 minutes to get to it. Guaranteed 535 item and usually the best item to create with it is a helm as has the normal number of sockets.

I'm coming back to this soon as I get on tonight. Thanks for the tip!

Unfortunately, I don't have any friends still on, so I'll probably be doing the corpse leapfrog method to get there if i can't find one of those shells Ruldar mentioned. :lol:
Brute

Postby Ruldar » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:00 am

Scuttler's Shell, it's an uncommon drop from the Spineclaw crabs off the coast.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:35 am

you will need to get a friend with the cloak on their account to get over the gap (unless you manage to get an albatross up there)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Paxen » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:42 am

bldavis wrote:you will need to get a friend with the cloak on their account to get over the gap (unless you manage to get an albatross up there)

Albatrosses get you up there, they just quite a while to go all the way. Attack a Wandering Albatross (I think it's called) at the entrance to the Celestial arena (the point where they're lowest). It will swoop down and grab you and fly off. Then just wait the five or ten minutes it takes to get up to Ordon Sanctuary. When it's above the lake on the east side, attack it. It will stop, and when you kill it you'll both fall down.

Just make sure you know where the no-go area is (if you don't have the cloak, it will periodically teleport you back down to the celestials, which is annoying if you used an Albatross to get up there).

Albatrosses can also be used to reach the chests on the western mesas.
Paxen

Postby Zalaria » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:46 am

There's a few ways to get up there:
- Albatross, as mentioned.
- Swim to fatigue and mount up, fly up high, then fly toward it and use levitate/slowfall/etc to fall to it
- Glide to it with a golden glider or engi glider
- Warlocks can Eye of Kilrogg teleport over
- Hitch a ride with someone who has the legendary cloak and a multi-seat mount

Bit more detail here: http://www.wowhead.com/object=221673#co ... id=1895057
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Brute » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:58 am

Just wanted to update and say "thanks!" again for all the tips.

Since I last posted, I've gotten almost a full set of 496+ gear on my paladin, including the Burden of Eternity (which I got by riding the albatross and then ghost-jumping to it, using the AOE disorient to give me time to open it.

I've done every MoP raid up through the first SoO LFR. I had to do every single one to get the required achievements for each subsequent raid. This led to me getting most of the seal thingys I needed for the legendary quest, though I'm still far short on rep and not sure if I feel like grinding it. I did the first SoO while valor-capped, but it was worth it since I won two of the epic 522 swords from the Sha of Pride (I won it on the regular role, then again when I used a war-forged seal. :lol: )

I'll probably wait till Tuesday to do more so I can get more seals and actually continue to accrue VP. In the mean time, I'm probably going to work on Loremaster of Pandaria (since I have it for every other expo, and I only have two more zones to clear) or level my warrior/hunter/rogue to actually use all those tokens I got from the Isle.
Brute

Postby Ruldar » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:18 am

Awesome!

Regarding faction for the Legendary chain, I highly recommend this location. Killing there gives faction through the end of honored and has a constant stream of easy to kill horde soldiers. I went there a couple weeks ago on my Mage to see how long it would take to grind through honored, and was pleasantly surprised when around 30 minutes of killing got me the 11k faction I was missing.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby econ21 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:33 am

It's probably too late for you, but one thing I wish I'd done on my Timeless geared alts was use the Burden of Eternity on a helm. You need 502+ to fit the legendary meta-gem, so 496 won't do but 535 will. You'll probably get a helm from LFR, but why take the chance?
econ21

Postby Brute » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:52 pm

econ21 wrote:It's probably too late for you, but one thing I wish I'd done on my Timeless geared alts was use the Burden of Eternity on a helm. You need 502+ to fit the legendary meta-gem, so 496 won't do but 535 will. You'll probably get a helm from LFR, but why take the chance?

Actually, Lythac (up above) suggested I do this, and I did. Then I upgraded it twice. :D
Brute

Postby Kelerei » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:06 am

Ruldar wrote:Awesome!

Regarding faction for the Legendary chain, I highly recommend this location. Killing there gives faction through the end of honored and has a constant stream of easy to kill horde soldiers. I went there a couple weeks ago on my Mage to see how long it would take to grind through honored, and was pleasantly surprised when around 30 minutes of killing got me the 11k faction I was missing.

If you're going for exalted (which, if you're going for the meta gem and beyond, you'll have to do), this place on the Isle of Thunder is even better. Endlessly spawning mogu, and some Shado-Pan to help you out. ;)
Kelerei

PreviousNext

Return to General