[10H] The Fallen Protectors

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10H] The Fallen Protectors

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:11 am

FatBoss overview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuvPnuTGFEI

This fight is pretty straight forward. Move out of shit, watch your debuffs. But there are number of things that you can do to make the fight a bit easier.

2 Tanks
3 Healers
5 DPS, Ranged > Melee for stacking, Ranged with Defensive CDs are particularly helpful
10 minute enrage

Loot:
Prot: Mastery/Haste Shoulders, Hit/Haste Belt, Stam/AoE Redux Trinket, Dodge/Parry Glove, Xpt/Parry Cloak
Ret: Mastery/Haste Shoulders, Hit/Haste Belt, Hit/Crit Ring

Kill order: Rook -> Sun -> He

This is what worked for us:

I tanked He, the 2nd tank took Rook, and Sun doesn't require a tank. On the pull we kept them stacked for cleave. Took Rook down to 80 while cleaving Sun and He, then focused He and took him down to ~85, then focused Sun to ~80, then switched to Rook and forced the first Desperate Measures.

By spreading the damage a bit we tightened up how quickly we could go into DMs on the first rotation. This probably isn't strictly necessary, but healing is so easy at the beginning of the fight we figured we might as well take advantage and pour some damage into all the bosses. Depending on how strong your cross DPS is you'll have to tweak those numbers so you don't accidentally trigger overlapping DMs.

I kept He stacked on the other bosses until he cast Noxious Poison, at which point I moved him a little bit away from the center so there weren't poison clouds there when we had to collapse for Sun's DM. Rook's tank stayed stacked on Sun.

During Rook's DM, I picked up the Misery add and kept it out of the raid, using CDs judiciously. This made Desecrate a non-issue. We had an interrupt rotation for Corruption Shock that was 4 deep, just to ensure nothing got through.

During Sun's DM the 2nd Tank stacked on top of an exterior add with everyone in the bubble close to that wall, so if they got clashed Corruption Kick wouldn't force everyone out of the bubble. I brought He into the bubble and aoe tanked the adds; DPS cleaved He further down.

Once Sun's DM is over He should be very close to pushing over as well. Anguish isn't very hard to deal with; ideally pass it to people with decent personal CDs, and never the same person twice, due to the Debilitation debuff.

On the second rotation we tried a couple things. One idea was to lust as soon as we finished Rook's 2nd DM, to force the ability resets sooner before Calamity+Garrote became overwhelming. On the actual kill we forgot to lust until Sun's DM. Depending on your healers you may be fine just saving lust until the final burn phase, but one of our healers is still wearing several PvP pieces.

By far the most frustrating part of the fight for me was dealing with Gouge. He occasionally stops and stands still, so if you're moving and are some distance away from him when he begins his gouge cast, it can be difficult to know which way to face. If you get bounced into the air by Misery's Desecrate at the same time Gouge gets cast and spin around in mid-air, it'll still hit you, and He and Misery will go running off into the raid. So that's lovely.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Re: [10H] The Fallen Protectors

Postby Belloc » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:51 am

It's also perfectly viable to push Sun and He into desparate measures at the same time. The reasoning, of course, is that it reduces the amount of damage your raid takes. Being able to drop all the DoTs and Bleeds at the same time makes the fight a lot smoother. It's probably a DPS increase, as well.

We also just gave the Mark of Anguish to the He tank and never had any issues (this was on 25-man). I did toss him a few Hand of Sacrifices later in the Mark of Anguish phase, but he never died so it seemed perfectly fine.
Belloc

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:25 am

We had a pull where we pushed Sun and He and it seemed to go okay at first, but the Anguish killed someone because we couldn't focus it down with the rest of the shit going on at the same time. It may have been just poor handling or panic on our part, but I can definitely see upsides to this -- not having to deal with poison in the bubble, especially. I have a nice clip of our rogue saying "Don't stand in the poison" and then him dying to poison three seconds later.

I'll definitely deliberately push He during Sun next week and see how well it works on 10H. Does anyone else doing 10H do this? When do you lust?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenrìr » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:09 pm

@Fuzzy: We do Rook > Sun > He and lust during the 2nd He phase.

The reason why we lust when we do is to prevent a toss of the mark during that 2nd phase. You could easily just pass it around, probably to someone who can immunity it like a holy paladin and just use lust whenever you want.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Incalcando » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:23 am

Fenrìr wrote:@Fuzzy: We do Rook > Sun > He and lust during the 2nd He phase.

The reason why we lust when we do is to prevent a toss of the mark during that 2nd phase. You could easily just pass it around, probably to someone who can immunity it like a holy paladin and just use lust whenever you want.

For the love of god don't immunity that thing, unless you can be sure that you are gonna throw it away before the immunity ends, and that doesn't work with iceblock, I suppose with bubble you can. Either way, your damage taken thing actually stacks through immunity so when your bubble/iceblock/whatever else drops off, you are most likely getting 1 shot.

It has happened to us on farm :P
Incalcando

Postby Fenrìr » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:36 pm

Our holy paladin survives just fine as he immunities it. If he finds the Mark isn't going to die in time, he passes it off to our DK.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:37 pm

Incalcando wrote:
Fenrìr wrote:@Fuzzy: We do Rook > Sun > He and lust during the 2nd He phase.

For the love of god don't immunity that thing, unless you can be sure that you are gonna throw it away before the immunity ends, and that doesn't work with iceblock, I suppose with bubble you can. Either way, your damage taken thing actually stacks through immunity so when your bubble/iceblock/whatever else drops off, you are most likely getting 1 shot.

It has happened to us on farm :P

Then it would make sense to immunity it when the damage starts getting high and, yes, pass it before the immunity fades.
Belloc

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)