Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:19 am

Winkle wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:
So I opened a ticket and they swapped the axe out for the sword.

Tried to get them to swap the shield instead (since I've already got the haste mace) but no dice.

Well that's some nice double standards considering i opened a ticket when it happend to me and i was told no dice.

Yeah, the first CS response was an inaccurate brush-off -- the rep actually said the heirloom can trigger off the secondary spec and isn't related to loot-spec at all. Which is contrary to everything we've heard from GC. I asked for clarification and the 2nd CS rep was much more helpful.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:15 pm

The bronchitis is mostly gone, except for reactive coughing from throat irritation. I'm told it could last up to three weeks. But the effects of the laryngitis I developed from all the coughing are still evident - my voice just barely started to come back on Friday, and still that scratchy sound. Makes work challenging.

I've opted to not complete the promethazine/codeine and liquid albuterol treatments, since they tend to make my heart race a bit too fast for my comfort. Antibiotics are done, though.

I got into a Flex raid on Saturday for wings 3 and 4 of SoO, on my healer. I'd never felt so useless, because I was at a severe disadvantage over the other healers, lacking the gear they had, and I was the only healer without the legendary cloak. I have no idea if that would account for my humongous heal-sucking, despite numerous OOMs and liberal use of mana tide and telluric currents - but those are the only things I can think of. I didn't die to stupid shit, and Thok liked to chase me around (I did die to him once, but he closed in on me fast anyway).

On the success side, though, I did get the healer trinket from Blackfuse, and the mail chestpiece from the Paragons. And a whole buncha gold from the others. And Garrosh is annoying.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:28 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... mpics.html

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:13 pm

Another Jekyll and Hyde raid night.

Apparently tonight was "die to everything you can because fuck the fact we've had this boss on farm for weeks let's play as sloppy as humanly possible" night. Can't wait to see what a trainwreck heroic progression ends up being next week.
Teranoid

Postby Xfighter » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:47 pm

Teranoid wrote:Another Jekyll and Hyde raid night.

Apparently tonight was "die to everything you can because fuck the fact we've had this boss on farm for weeks let's play as sloppy as humanly possible" night. Can't wait to see what a trainwreck heroic progression ends up being next week.

That sums up my guilds first two night this week as well :|

Hope it goes smooth for you this week :)
Xfighter

Postby Jabari » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:24 pm

Teranoid wrote:Another Jekyll and Hyde raid night.

At least you get to DO heroic progression! :P

We failed at Garrosh for the second week in a row. Haven't even gotten into phase 3 yet - we seem to be getting owned by the Empowered Whirling Corruptions. We do ok up until then, but we are falling completely apart during the 2nd Empowered Whirling. The first one we generally handle ok, but the second usually has a Desecrate right behind it and we all die.

Any advice? Are you supposed to scatter for that? If so, about how far apart?
Also, do you guys generally get a 3rd intermission (so you get Empowered Touches) or are you able to push to phase 3 before that hits?

(I know what you mean with the other assorted sloppiness - we had a couple silly wipes to Spoils and a ridiculously messy Siegecrafter kill last week, but not awful all things considered.)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Teranoid » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:00 pm

If you tank him in the center have the tank pull him away as it's getting ready to go off and have everyone spread out against the wall moving away from the void zones (we basically just start running for our lives to be honest). At that point the ticks of Empowered Corruption tick for something pathetic like 25k a tick. Nuke an add and stay close for mind controls. P3 is more about managing where the weapons go and stopping mind controls than anything else. Pop lust and blow the ever living hell out of him while just moving along the walls for every weapon.

The only time we ever got a 3rd intermission was a wipe and we haven't even gotten close to a third since.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:29 pm

My 19 inch lcd monitor just died on me. good thing I had a 4:3 17 inch lying around but stil...

Edit: I found a decent monitor for relatively cheap, but of course, since it costs more than 20 dollars, my jewness kicks in and I start having tons of second guessing issues... specially because I had been saving money these last few months so I could go to the Ren Fest...
---
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:47 pm

Klaudandus wrote:My 19 inch lcd monitor just died on me. good thing I had a 4:3 17 inch lying around but stil...

Edit: I found a decent monitor for relatively cheap, but of course, since it costs more than 20 dollars, my jewness kicks in and I start having tons of second guessing issues... specially because I had been saving money these last few months so I could go to the Ren Fest...

$20?.. pfft... take a look at Apple's new offerings. Probably going to have to drop $3k for the new MacPro, as the high-end new RMBP would still underperform at doing WoW, Lightroom and Photoshop when pushing two external monitors. And the base MacPro is only $400 more than the top RMBP, with far better graphics... and no, I don't need a laptop really, I just need a new rig.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:25 pm

the new monitor is 130+taxes and shipping

its just that spending more than 20 makes me go jewmode
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:42 pm

halabar wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:My 19 inch lcd monitor just died on me. good thing I had a 4:3 17 inch lying around but stil...

$20?.. pfft... take a look at Apple's new offerings. Probably going to have to drop $3k for the new MacPro, as the high-end new RMBP would still underperform at doing WoW, Lightroom and Photoshop when pushing two external monitors. And the base MacPro is only $400 more than the top RMBP, with far better graphics... and no, I don't need a laptop really, I just need a new rig.

You could get the same performance for half the price on a Windows/linux box, just saying.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Teranoid » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:02 pm

Bbbbbut muh overpriced hipsterness depends on buying the real deal!
Teranoid

Postby Nooska » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:21 am

Teranoid wrote:Bbbbbut muh overpriced hipsterness depends on buying the real deal!

The real deal being the knockoff these days? :-P
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:10 am

---
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:17 am

Klaudandus wrote:Pondering this monitor
http://www.amazon.com/Hannspree-HE225DP ... onitor+dvi

IPS panels have much, much better colour display.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

PreviousNext

Return to General