Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:46 pm

bldavis wrote:
Worldie wrote:You are misunderstanding. He wasn't buying sex, he was gifting them money so they could stop practicing prostitution.

Kinda.

sounds like the government paying farmers to NOT grow food (and yes that is a thing here..its called CRP land..i dont remember what CRP stands for but you take a producing field and turn it back to nature and the government will give you a set amount per acre)

At least that makes more sense than people in manhattan getting farm subsidies.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Treck » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Had a slow raid with a few wipes, had to extend the raid hours a bit to get it all done in one night.
Got 8ilvls upgrade and a mount, so I guess I cant complain :P
Treck

Postby Andurin » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm

Did a sunday morning flex run on my warrior. Completed the first 2 parts with people that where actually nice and didnt treat me like a complete idiot just because my characters name is Tankacow (and he's actually double dps) :lol: Had a great time and some new items ^^
Andurin

Postby Nooska » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:14 am

Klaudandus wrote:
bldavis wrote:
Worldie wrote:You are misunderstanding. He wasn't buying sex, he was gifting them money so they could stop practicing prostitution.

Kinda.

sounds like the government paying farmers to NOT grow food (and yes that is a thing here..its called CRP land..i dont remember what CRP stands for but you take a producing field and turn it back to nature and the government will give you a set amount per acre)

At least that makes more sense than people in manhattan getting farm subsidies.

CRP is Conservation Reserve Program.
It makes sense, in that land that lies fallow for a while produces better while also letting wildlife be sustained. You can get some of the same production with fertilizers but thats not sustainable (mainly because while fertilizers help, you are stille xtracting the nutrients in the soil, so you end up with barren, or almost barren land, apart from teh fertilizers - which are not sustainably made most of the time either).

To mitigate the specific farmer programs like the CRP have been rolled out in much of the western world, where society pays the farmer to not produce, because while production would be the best for the farmer (at least here and now), the bigger picture is that its better for society to not have a production - its a mitigation, that pays back more than invested, though not in readily countable money.

(Now the corn subsidies is a waste of money, and induces bad practice to boot)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Shoju » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:53 am

Path of Exile Releases Wednesday, and the release will bring guilds. Naturally, the Lounge will have a Guild in game, since there is a group of us who play. I have been (at least so far) Unanimously nominated to be the GL of the PoE guild. I'm rather humbled by the confidence they have in me.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:10 pm

SHOJU FOR GM! (And also i need to start playing that more :? )

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:11 pm

Nooska wrote:CRP is Conservation Reserve Program.
It makes sense, in that land that lies fallow for a while produces better while also letting wildlife be sustained. You can get some of the same production with fertilizers but thats not sustainable (mainly because while fertilizers help, you are stille xtracting the nutrients in the soil, so you end up with barren, or almost barren land, apart from teh fertilizers - which are not sustainably made most of the time either).

To mitigate the specific farmer programs like the CRP have been rolled out in much of the western world, where society pays the farmer to not produce, because while production would be the best for the farmer (at least here and now), the bigger picture is that its better for society to not have a production - its a mitigation, that pays back more than invested, though not in readily countable money.

i get there is a valid reason for it, and am all for making sure the land stays productive for years to come..but it still makes me go huh that farmers are paid to not farm land despite millions going hungry around the world

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:59 pm

bldavis wrote:
Nooska wrote:CRP is Conservation Reserve Program.

i get there is a valid reason for it, and am all for making sure the land stays productive for years to come..but it still makes me go huh that farmers are paid to not farm land despite millions going hungry around the world

Not to mention that letting land go fallow for a season or two helps prevent topsoil loss, and can help generate it. The catch here though is that the land needs to be in an area where the natural growth and wildlife will return in a short time. Far too often CRP is used to inflate crop prices and the land that is supposed to be fallow is actually used to grow lesser crops (hay) because it would just be bare dirt otherwise.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Sagara » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:57 pm

Just looked back at my last guild's result in the last two weeks - holy sweets, they're at 8/14 already o_O

Goooo Evo!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Shoju » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:00 am

bldavis wrote:SHOJU FOR GM! (And also i need to start playing that more :? )

Come on back. We have cookies.
Shoju

Postby Amirya » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:18 am

So my school had some minor difficulties getting grades posted for some classes.

In the class I took, about 87% of the students were whining/bitching/moaning about how hard the class was, 7.5 weeks isn't long enough, "I work full time!" or "I have kids!" or "IT'S NOT FAIR!"

About 3% told the other 87% "seriously, shut up, this wasn't a surprise class."

The other 10% were silent on the subject altogether.

And yet, somehow, I managed to get an A in the class, despite the "I work full time!" excuse the others were bandying, as well as my mother having surgery for cancer right towards the end, and even the "research paper we knew about since day 1 is too hard!" crap.

I feel so old when I want to say, "y'know, back in MY day, we didn't expect special treatment on things that weren't surprises."

/porch
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Amirya wrote:/porch

---
Klaudandus

Postby Amirya » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:29 pm

Hey, I even get a bodyguard with my porch!

I'm sold! :D
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Ruldar » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:08 pm

Is that from Gran Torino? Now there's a movie I could make a frustrations thread post about.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:33 pm

Ruldar wrote:Is that from Gran Torino? Now there's a movie I could make a frustrations thread post about.

Why?
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General