Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Sagara » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:10 am

Kai wrote:i had two legendaries in my first arena after the wipe, certainly felt a bit strange. :)

Classy! Which ones?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Kai » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:30 am

they were rather unexciting, along with the others that I had a choice of. that 3 mana 5/5 ape king idiot. but the choice was 2 others that were even worse. figured I'd give him a try, but he was almost always more of a backdraw with his bananas. think I should have picked nat pagle over it, at least that guy can be great if you have him turn 2 or turn 1 with the coin.
the other was gruul, that 7/7 that gets +1+1 on each turn (your own and other). he was decent, but for an 8 drop I don't think he's all that special either. in a lot of games a champion of stormwind is better then that guy.
Kai

Postby Sagara » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:39 am

I'm starting to see way too many Legendaries in normal Play at Gold level... I'm starting to fear Diamond and up.

Sagara

Postby sahiel » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:06 am

Yeah, i'm playing 2* Plat atm and it seems as if almost every single deck has a Ysera and a Deathwing now, plus any race appropriate ones (I had 5 Murlock rush decks in a row last night all different people, all with the murloc legendary). /sigh
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:07 pm

i knew there was a reason i dont play ranked yet..

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Sagara » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:56 pm

I'm starting to see more and more in Unranked as well, probably due to my MMR going up over time.
Still managed a 8 win in Arena for a whoppin 240 gold :D

Sagara

Postby Passionario » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:59 pm

sahiel wrote:Yeah, i'm playing 2* Plat atm and it seems as if almost every single deck has a Ysera and a Deathwing now, plus any race appropriate ones (I had 5 Murlock rush decks in a row last night all different people, all with the murloc legendary). /sigh

Crafting a Murloc rush set is a good investment. It allows for quick completion of "win X games as class N", and you get a free legendary out of it.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:40 am

The problem with legendary cards is that they are so strong, that you essentially need to destroy them the round they are played, or you are fucked.

Feels a bit too unbalanced to me and easily leading to a pay-to-win system :\
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:58 am

Meh. They are indeed mighty and all that, but in the end, it's an enormous amount of the power, and itty bitty living space.

I tend to always keep a clear of some sort in my hand until I'm in my last gasps, so that's never really been an issue.

And if he drops another one the next turn, welp, A) he probably doesn't have much on the board left at that point, and B) I've probably build up a bit of a board advantage, so I can either pray for another clear, gang-bang the big bad monster, or just shoot the guy playing.

Honestly, I consider my own Illidan a bait to keep the enemy busy a little while while I build up a serious threat on the side - but there are quite a few basic or common cards that are just as threatening for the same cost (Windfury Harpy comes to mind)

Sagara

Postby Passionario » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:06 am

Worldie wrote:...you essentially need to destroy them the round they are played, or you are fucked.

To be fair, the same can be said about quite a few non-legendaries. An unchecked Ragnaros or Deathwing can kill you quickly, but so can a runaway 10/10 Questing Adventurer or Lightspawn.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Sagara » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:12 am

I feel that compared to other CCGs, each and every minion is a very real threat for its cost, and their destruction is pretty much numero uno on your to-do list, only firing potshots at the enemy hero whenever the board is clear.

It's *way* too easy to get overwhelmed if you leave anything up for more than a couple of turns.

Sagara

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:00 am

I do agree often, despite legendaryes, the first who leaves the other player with several minions up loses.

Unless you are a mage. Damn op mages.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:49 am

Played an arena mage twice now, once with 3 flamestrike, another with 3 blizzards and a flamestrike. The number of insane comebacks I managed is STUPID AWESOME.

Sagara

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:09 pm

The Aoe damage of mages is a bit too insane atm. Can wipe out pretty much everything in a couple cards and then swarm you back.

That, and polymorph.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:25 pm

New draft, picked Paladin.

3 Blessings of Wisdom.

FOUR.
FUCKING.
BLESSING.
OF KINGS.

Bitches be whaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games