Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Sagara » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:00 pm

Destroying Legendaries the turn they drop is half the pleasure of the game :lol:

I finished Priest training (up to level) - Holy sweet mother of Bajesus that deck is insane!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby bldavis » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:50 pm

hmm, i think i now know what deck to work on next

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Sagara » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:53 am

Ask Worldie for more pointers, but I can't count the number of times I was literraly swimming in cards, with a full smattering of minions on the table. You play *very* aggressively early on, since you can easily heal with your hero power, and if you took care to grab Vodoo doctors and "For Nazjataar" whats-her-name, you minions keep going and going long after they should have reasonably dropped.

If your opponent made the error of letting a Northshire Cleric alive, it can go so far as being forced to discard new drawn cards. I wasn't even AWARE we had a hand size limit before that :lol:

Sagara

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:46 am

I love playing a defensive version of Priest deck.

I have essentially only taunt minions with lot of health, and healing spells. Force enemy to smash his face into your minions, heal them back and slowly drain him down, taking down stronger minions with SWD cards.

My deck for reference:

Works against everything unless some horrible bad luck with cards.

Mages are nightmare though. I really think their class cards are borderline op, sooooo much aoe dmg. Can wipe up a whole lane of minions with 1 card with no downsides...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:53 am

with spell damage, yeah...blizzard+arcane explosion is insane AOE

not to mention a bunch of aoe freezing

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby sahiel » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:39 am

Really liking the Priest deck at the moment, been playing it a lot more but I can't imagine playing it without 2 Mind Controls, that has won me so many games, the number of end game Core Hounds I've snatched away with it only to have the opponent immediately conceed is beautiful :)

I've also found Mind Vision can be rather nice, sometimes you get junk but often it's good (and certainly better than the 1 point card you used) and best of all it throws a spanner in your opponents strategy when he suddenly has to deal with a card he can't expect a Priest to have.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:32 pm

Fact: as soon as I gave up druid deck and took Rogue instead, won 2 games at first attempt.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:48 pm

True fact: Legendaries attracts more flack than a Messerschmitt above England's coasts in 1943.

Sagara

Postby Passionario » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:08 am

bldavis wrote:
Passionario wrote:(sorry to hear this, i guess open a ticket/submit bug report and see what they say? i havent heard of this issue before so i have no idea)

Clearing the cache a couple of times did the trick.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:24 am

Sagara wrote:Destroying Legendaries the turn they drop is half the pleasure of the game :lol:

On this note, I think there's too many cards on the line of "kill a card without allowing any reaction".
It's cool if some decks include one, but when every single deck has 2+ of those, it kinda feels frustrating to play a strong card just to get it destroyed the turn after.
Atm when I play against rogue or priest I'm "scared" to use my buff cards cause I know they will kill the buffed minion the turn after.

I instead like the cards like the warlock's Corruption, "the minion dies the turn after" which allows you to at least make something out of that card before it's dead.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:11 am

Worldie wrote:
Sagara wrote:Destroying Legendaries the turn they drop is half the pleasure of the game :lol:

On this note, I think there's too many cards on the line of "kill a card without allowing any reaction".
It's cool if some decks include one, but when every single deck has 2+ of those, it kinda feels frustrating to play a strong card just to get it destroyed the turn after.
Atm when I play against rogue or priest I'm "scared" to use my buff cards cause I know they will kill the buffed minion the turn after.

I instead like the cards like the warlock's Corruption, "the minion dies the turn after" which allows you to at least make something out of that card before it's dead.

OTOH, I do like that situation - it means you can play a lot of mind games as to exactly *how* important, say, that Stormind Champion, versus just being a bait to let you drop something even worse later on. Or maybe he WANTS you to think it's a bait, and he wants it alive one turn to drop BoK and crush you?

Sagara

Postby sahiel » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:01 am

Yeah, I actually like the mental games of trying to draw out an opponents 'killer' cards with fake outs before I drop the *real* thing he should be worried about.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:08 am

Eh I prefer to save my "strong buff" cards when I want to give a huge hit to the enemy. Es play them all at once and hit him for 20+ dmg in1 turn, or take off a whole minion wave in 1 turn.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Passionario » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:51 am

Tried my hand at the Arena, got a 7-3 run. Could probably eke out another win if it was not for disconnects.

Is it just me, or does the game always hand out ridiculously good cards for one's first free Arena attempt? My ass essentially got carried by 3 Fire Elementals, 2 Bloodlusts and a Doomhammer.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Kai » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:56 am

i had two legendaries in my first arena after the wipe, certainly felt a bit strange. :)
Kai

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games