Remove Advertisements

Problems getting into raid! D:

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Problems getting into raid! D:

Postby Elesion » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:03 am

Hey MTers, been lurking for awhile but finally coming back to WoW since Cata.

So I just got back into WoW 2 weeks ago and I have to say im facing a dilemma. So, first off im by no means a new player or anything- raided in BC quit before Magtheridon then came back in Cata during Firelands then had to stop again right after Deathwing.

So right now im finding it difficult to get back into the raiding scene. All the groups that do flex require iLvl 520+! and any ToT groups I find adv just want fast runs and also only want 520+! So for someone such as me, who is just returning- Other than gearing through LFR, which is horrific, what options are there?

Right now im stuck running the weekly LFRs then not doing anything cause my iLvL is not high enuff to what other people want D:.

Woe is me?
Elesion

Re: Problems getting into raid! D:

Postby Flex » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:59 am

Install oQueue and start your own group?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:07 am

520? dang. a pug flex group I saw advertising last week was asking for 505.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Elesion » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:38 am

Starting own group hmmm... but generally isnt people who are leading experienced in fights and all the mechanics? I mean... i do watch vids and read the guide but, that hardly leaves me the prime candidate to lead a raid and or group D:.

Don't want to say this but... I'm having a harder time getting back into raiding then I did with Firelands!
Elesion

Postby Winkle » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:41 am

Check out openraid.eu or openraid.us (dependant on region), i see a number of raids specifically set as progression raids, i.e. formed with the intent of learning and then defeating the ecounters rather than being gear runs for alts.
Winkle

Postby Belloc » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:09 am

Start running heroics and scenarios (and heroic scenarios, when you have the ilvl!) and once you've got a bit of gear, head over to the Timeless Isle. Once you're there, you can get almost a full set of 496 gear just from killing mobs and looting chests. The mobs here aren't a joke at low ilvls, so make sure you're looting and using the various buff items that they drop -- they really help.

Once you've got a decent amount of gear from the Timeless Isle, start running LFRs, if you can stomach them, and definitely keep running heroic scenarios. At that point, you should be able to get into SOME flex raids and that's when your item level will start skyrocketing.

Also, make sure you grab your 3 Warforged Seals every week, because they will come in very handy once you get into SoO, whether it be Flex or normal.

Finally, kill world bosses every week. Openraid is great for this! You should be able to join groups for Nalak, Oondasta, and Celestials (but not Ordos, since you don't have your legendary cloak). Those bosses drop 522, 522, and 553 loot, respectively.

P.S. Weapons are going to be hard to get if you don't get into LFR and it's going to really hurt your dps/threat/healing if you're running around with a blue weapon. If you're still using something under 450 item level, then hop into the Arena of Annihilation scenario (or whichever one it is, some kind of arena) and accept the quest in there for a free 450 weapon (one time only!). From there, you'll need h.scenarios and LFR/normals to get a better one. You can also pick up 476 ilvl weapons on the Timeless Isle if you save up enough coins.

edit: Oh, and definitely don't forget about running normal MSV, HoF, and ToES. They're the first tier of raids in MoP and the gear is quickly replaceable, but the 489/496 weapons in there, if you can get them to drop, may end up lasting you for quite a while. If you decide to start running these, I STRONGLY suggest you head over to the Isle of Thunder (different isle from the new one) and try to find a Key to the Palace of Lei Shen, look up how to use it, and go in there to get tons of Elder Charms so you can use bonus rolls on every boss. Getting a weapon, as I explained above, is huge, and those Elder Charms will make it sooooo much easier.
Belloc

Return to General