Remove Advertisements

Anyone play MTG?

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Anyone play MTG?

Postby Barathorn » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:08 am

Aergis wrote:Right, but she came out in M14 and has been stable since release around $20. Now it's doubled due to some combo that came out with Theros, but I don't see what it is.

It is 50% because of the modern jund deck and 50% because people suddenly realised how powerful Domri/Chandra/Xenegos are together as well as the soon to be winning stuff uwr control package of Chandra/Jace/Elspeth/Ral Zarek.

Planeswalkers are going to be a real thing again in standard. Hence Heroes Downfall AND Dreadbore existing in the same format. R+D are not stupid, they know.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby PsiVen » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:16 am

I don't get to play enough events, but I was feeling pretty prescient when I built blue devotion for my wife (completing it right before the Pro Tour shot prices up) and threw together black devotion the day before it exploded everywhere too. :lol:

If only this game wasn't such a money pit... I feel guilty only getting to do about 2 FNMs per month.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Barathorn » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:47 am

I feel your pain Psiven, I win a lot of boosters and its hard for me to even stay anywhere near break even point.

Its a great game but the costs are prohibitive for a lot of people.

On the plus side I have had a really good year, probably my best year other than my Pro Tour qualification year.

Still not as good as I want to be though. This could be age. Once you get past 35 things definately slow down upstairs.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:53 am

For the record... I'm not a competitive magic player (as in, I don't go to qualifiers or anything... just occasionally a pre-release and some drafting with friends.)

The M2015 set is making me happy.

New slivers... quite a few "flavorful" cards... more things to add to my crappy mill deck. I'm excited!
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Zonzede » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:08 pm

Dont care how bad it is, Don't care if I lose every game.
Until M16 I'm going to be playing Skittering Boom Engine (Skittering Doom Engine + Shrapnel blast)
Zonzede

Postby Barathorn » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:46 am

Zonzede wrote:Dont care how bad it is, Don't care if I lose every game.
Until M16 I'm going to be playing Skittering Boom Engine (Skittering Doom Engine + Shrapnel blast)

This is a thing. If you add in Trading Post until rotation you can recur your BOOM engine. Makes me happy.

Barathorn

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:55 am

I'm assuming you guys are actually referring to the Scuttling Doom Engine?

Anywho... I've started dabbling in MTGO again*. Played a couple M15 drafts and pulled a Chandra during my first one (though the deck lost horribly because I didn't get much more to play a decent red deck.)

In live cards, I've managed to pull a Garruk... which I'm undecided whether to keep or trade off (since I don't play a lot of G/B.)

*I tend to redownload it and buy a bunch of boosters every few years, so my collection is sparse and varied.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum