Remove Advertisements

rating of 5.4 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

rating of 5.4 ?

Postby oldboyz » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:35 am

so... with 1 month playing the 5.4, what's your opinion now?
oldboyz

Re: rating of 5.4 ?

Postby oldboyz » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:02 am

5.4 : i would rate it a 5/20

world PVE :
-- timeless island is very small
- not as rich as the thunder island
- not a single step by step progression
-- Emperor reputation is a pure stupid no brain farm
+ Ordos pvp is quite funny

RAID :
+ quite nice art&looking
+ some good mechanic
--- progression is damn too fast
-- LFR/flex/normal.... i've 3 toons in the 530-454, almost all need 1 piece even in LFR...
+ at least thanx to Oqueue which allow me running Flex anytime in inter-serveur

VARIOUS
- craft is dead. at least on my servor

ALL UP :
feel like Blizz invested very few ressource on this patch. Happy stakeholders
not sure i will even stay until 14/14hm is done. Blizz don't deserve all my $$
oldboyz

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:24 am

I don't recall exactly, but didn't you make a post at the start of MoP complaining there was too much to do?

Granted ya, Timeless Isle is lacking in terms of engaging stuff (namely the failness that is a non-account wide tracking achievement **glances at Bigger Bag**), but it's not that bad.

However, you're comparing apples and oranges here.

The Thunder Isle is as rich in content as it is due to the lore surrounding it and the work up to the raid. The Timeless Isle is just a new area to go f off in that really has nothing to do with the overall arching story. So ya, there's not going to be a 'let us hold your hand while we guide you on quests' style for the isle.

Why do you say progession is fast? I mean, these are what is considered the best WoW players in the world. So ya...they're gonna kill shit fast in terms of days...but do you see how many attempts they're putting in per boss to kill them? Didn't Paragon's report nearly 200 pulls on Seigebreaker?

Not everyone is as lucky as you are in terms of loot.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:48 am

I focus mainly on Pet Battles, Crafting, and Flex right now, but I would rate it much higher...maybe 80-90%ish.

The pet battle updates for 5.4 are pretty good. Some of the new pets have really interested combos (Death Adder and Lil Bling just for example). The sheer number of new pets has kept me pretty engaged for quite a while. The Celestial tournament was fun. I really enjoyed trying to figure out good teams against the new tamers and the celestials.

From a raiding perspective, I have really enjoyed flex. It has allowed us to raid again with friends since we now have room for everyone even if we don't have 25 peeps. I think there are some scaling issues for a few of the bosses when you hit a certain number of people (the 3rd boss comes to mind), but overall have felt the challenge to be about right for the type of group we are.

I like how this time the new crafting gives items that actually exceed LFR by quite a bit and don't cost a ton of mats at the same time. I'm not huge on the time investment to get there, but I can accept the tradeoff if the mats are not terrible for a semi poor person.

All in all I have liked this patch so far. It's not as lore intensive as the last couple, but the new raid content at least helps address that.
jere

Postby Lieris » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:46 am

The Timeless Isle isn't very interesting (I just did enough to get 5000 coins for the legendary quest then left) but SoO is a very good raid and it had a proper trailer.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:10 am

Fenrìr wrote:Granted ya, Timeless Isle is lacking in terms of engaging stuff (namely the failness that is a non-account wide tracking achievement **glances at Bigger Bag**), but it's not that bad.

This is part of the damned if you do, damned if you don't design.

Too many daily quests give complaints, not enough questing give complaints. Timeless Isle is pretty much make your own content. If you're a type of player that enjoys aimless play it is fun.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:08 am

There is that, Flex, but I think people also hold new patches to the previous one and expect there to be more.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby cdan » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:40 am

Timeless Isle is unfortunately repetitive, it isn't a proper quest hub and the rep grind is stupidly slow. Also, where is the nearest forge? Anvils, yes, but the forge?

I like the stat buff stuff though. Some interesting things there.
cdan

Postby Flex » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:41 am

cdan wrote:Also, where is the nearest forge? Anvils, yes, but the forge?

Talk to your friendly neighborhood engineer and carry one with you.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby cdan » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:43 am

Flex wrote:
cdan wrote:Also, where is the nearest forge? Anvils, yes, but the forge?

Talk to your friendly neighborhood engineer and carry one with you.

I have loads of them as my Rogue is an Engineer. Just an annoying omission, but I am at that level of frustration with WoW at the moment that I would complain about the size of the "inn" if there were forges available.
cdan

Postby econ21 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:38 pm

I can't complain about a patch that gives 14 bosses (and let's me kill 7 of them in a reasonable amount of time, instead of being stuck at number 1, 2 or 4 for months).

However, I find the Timeless Isles inane. For one weekend, it was like Christmas come early as I filled out the gear slots of my neglected alts. Now I cannot see the point of it at all.

I've no idea what I'll do after Christmas though, in the wait to the new expansion when the old raid is (hopefully) completed. Maybe level yet more alts or even try pet battles.
econ21

Postby Fenris » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:21 am

-Timeless island:nay
There is actually no real content on it,just "kills tons of this,then tons of that".Did it for the first 3 weks,then lost all interest.Vanilla had more interesting "boring" stuff (and i'm thinking of really boring stuff,like running around with the sands in Silithus)

-Siege of orgrimmar:yay
Not a bad raid,i'm enjoying it so far
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Belloc » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:03 am

Siege of Orgrimmar:

I like it a lot more than ToT, so far. Easily one of the better end raids of an expansion. I'm fine with early bosses being easy, since, you know, we had tons of heroic gear going into it. Normals shouldn't be difficult for heroic guilds.

Proving Grounds:

I've probably put 20-50 hours into it since the patch hit. Easily one of my favorite additions to the game. It felt so good to get the top score on the server. Currently taking a break for it, but US #3 and West #5 for paladins isn't going to hold me for long :P

Timeless Isle:

I've had a lot of fun here, as have many of my friends and guildies. I haven't bothered with rep because, well, it's kind of an insane grind. If you know that going in, you know better than to waste your time :P

Verdict: 5.4 is one of the best expansion end-patches ever, imo.
Belloc

Return to General