Remove Advertisements

[10N] Garrosh Normal

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10N] Garrosh Normal

Postby Winkle » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:12 am

Seeing as Garrosh is quite the step up from anything else on normal thought i'd post a few thoughts from a tanking perspective that perhaps aren't initially obvious from watching the multitude of video guides around.

General:
Garrosh hits pretty hard, i felt comfortable at around a 1m HP buffed. I used one stam trinket and the horridon haste trinket.

Phase 1:
Since the boss hits super hard you have tons of vengance, means you may not even have to try and pick up adds since you're healing threat will be enough alone. When you've got the adds just have the OT taunt the boss of you. You can repeat this when the next set spawn with the OT taking adds and you going back on boss.

We used the firey barrels of doom to kill the adds, works well enough, just be warned they cover more than 1/2 the room. The adds hamstring repeatedly but just save Hand of Freedom for when you want to move. If the barrel does hit you it's not the end of the world, at least i didn't die to it.

Phase 2
The whirling corruption isn't anything to worry about, just keep spanking the boss.

Help with MC's as needed, avenger's shield is obviously useful here.

For the empowered corrution its useful to have 1 tank move away from the boss so you can each take and add or two. Obviously your raid should be attempting to kill them off seperately but having one or two become empowered isn't the end of the world, just make sure a tank picks them up when that happens, they still should die quickly.

Phase 3
It all goes a bit mad in P3, firstly remember that you no longer want to swap at 3 stacks with the offtank. Have either tank pick up the boss and then tank until the first empowered whirling, the stacks will full off during the whirl so be sure to use a CD to cover the dmg, Divine Protection worked well for me here :)

The other issue is the Minion's of Y'shaarj. You don't want to waste time killing them in p3 so have 1 tank pick them up and if at all possible avoid killing any. The boss needs to die before a 2nd whirling.

Any help you can give with the empowered MC's is going to be of major benefit, it's definitely the most dangerous part of p3.
Winkle

Re: [10N] Garrosh Normal

Postby PsiVen » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:50 pm

I recommend just killing both Engineers and never dealing with Iron Stars. This phase is not a DPS check and if you are on the slow side you will have time to bust Heroism here and have it up again at the end. Not much to deal with here other than high tank damage.

A note about the adds in P3: If you transition at a bad time, DO NOT attempt to ignore the adds. If you decide to ignore them you will need a tank rounding them up and keeping them away from the boss because they will very easily die to cleave damage. Any adds that spawn when Garrosh is above 16% or so you should kill because it's just not worth the risk of slipping up at the last minute. Ideally you want to push right before he would whirl, Heroism as he starts transitioning, and the adds should spawn at low % and be safely ignored by most of the raid.

Basically the whole difficult part of the fight is staying calm and organized with positioning. Start by having a plan for each Desecrated Weapon before it will land, and make sure there is a good place for everyone to be killing their Sha adds. If you're not perfect on the intermission phases, you will probably have a transition where you get whirling adds, get sent away, and land right back in the middle of chaos. That right there is the biggest challenge to your organization.

And yes, MCs always need to be top priority. Nothing will wipe you faster than 2 casts getting off and the entire raid being mind controlled in seconds.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby rijn dael » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:24 pm

PsiVen wrote:I recommend just killing both Engineers and never dealing with Iron Stars. This phase is not a DPS check and if you are on the slow side you will have time to bust Heroism here and have it up again at the end. Not much to deal with here other than high tank damage.

25m perspective, but we send 2 locks to kill the engineer on the left side (I have solo'd it when the other lock forgets, so it is pretty trivial hp-wise), pull the boss to the side of the room you enter from, and pretty much ignore the adds (other than the puppy-riding shaman). Works pretty well, but idk how that changes in a 10m environment. Killing both would seem like you just create work for yourself, although you will rank higher I guess :)

We have a tank kiting the slimes in last phase, allowing us to ignore them and focus on mc/boss dps - again, not sure if anything would change here in 10m, or if you didn't have a dk/monk tank available.

If you don't have aoe CC spells to throw at MC's, a macro like this might help:
Code: Select all
/cast [@party1,harm][@party2,harm][@party3,harm][@party4,harm] WhateverYourInterruptSpellIs

Ofc you can add in @mouseover etc if you want.
rijn dael

Postby Winkle » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:06 am

Indeed, you may choose not to use the Iron Star to kill the adds but killing 2 engineers just seems a waste regardless.
Winkle

Postby Belloc » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:54 am

rijn dael wrote:
PsiVen wrote:I recommend just killing both Engineers and never dealing with Iron Stars. This phase is not a DPS check and if you are on the slow side you will have time to bust Heroism here and have it up again at the end. Not much to deal with here other than high tank damage.

25m perspective, but we send 2 locks to kill the engineer on the left side (I have solo'd it when the other lock forgets, so it is pretty trivial hp-wise), pull the boss to the side of the room you enter from, and pretty much ignore the adds (other than the puppy-riding shaman). Works pretty well, but idk how that changes in a 10m environment. Killing both would seem like you just create work for yourself, although you will rank higher I guess :)

Would you happen to have a video or a better explanation of what you mean here? We're a 25-man guild, too, and I don't see how one could possibly "pretty much ignore the adds." Ignoring them means that you'll have multiple groups up and having multiple groups up means that they'll have multiple Warsong buffs. In other words, the tank gets wrecked.

So... further details?
Belloc

Postby AdHoc » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:41 pm

Hi

So my raid group has finally made it to Garrosh.

We get to ~30% then the wheels explode.
I'm hoping to get a few addition tips.

Do the minions have a normal agro table?
Should the tanks, protection paladin (me) and brewmaster monk, stop self healing to reduce threat on the minions? I tried changing seals and used a big cooldown instead of eternal flame, but they still make beeline towards me. A raid member suggested the minions are moving towards Garrosh and it's our incidental AoE damage which is pulling threat on them.
How do other groups handle these?

My raid group is having a slight argument whether to use 2 or 3 healers (druid, disc priest and paladin). Bear ;) in mind the druid doesn't have a dps off spec.
I argued that the disc priest should dps as we don't have the spell haste buff in our group setup and this would grant it. Their argument was that the paladin has higher dps. We estimate that we're ~10% short on dps to prevent a 3rd transition during phase 2.
Any suggestions?

This is our WoL log from last night. I hope this is an appropriate place to link them.

Our raid group is:
  • Tanks: monk, paladin
  • Heals: druid, paladin, disc priest
  • DPS: hunter, mage, monk, warlock, warrior

Thanks
AdHoc

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:48 pm

Minions have a normal aggro table, yes.
You do have to be careful about self-healing pulling massive threat on everything in the room. If a couple things do stick to the tank we have the other tank peel things and kill it while it crosses the room. Having minions up for a bit isn't game breaking so long as you keep control over the fight.

I think 2 healing this fight makes it considerably easier, especially if you can skip the third interstitial phase. We had two shamans, and one of the shaman had an ilvl of 519. Any time we went into a 3rd phase can came out with adds on the ground, things went badly very, very quickly. Skipping that 3rd phase makes this fight considerably easier.

We actually have the monk tank just kite the last two sets of adds and I blow CDs and burn the boss.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby oldboyz » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:26 am

garrosh ONE TANK tact.

just to let anymone reading this guide knows that Garrosh can be done 1tank (2heal)
-requirement : raid 560+ (ave. dps 250k+ i would say) . My pal started 1tank with ilv562(+4T16)

advantage is : 1 more dps, so P3 very short (if any), no adds to deal. P4 full burst (just 1 MC phase). loot
risk : true raid tank needed (but if you know this forum, should not be a pb ^^).

if dps is a bit light :
-forget weapon in P2, just stack them all around
-use BL in P3 (if it can avoid 1 pop and make Garrosh go P4)

don't be afraid to solo, pal is the most resiliant tank ^^ (i propose this tact even in Oqueue raid now)
palatank
SOL as our priority is survive and let healers rather focus on raid (holy prism has my favor (P2+transitions). hammer may be fine if timing allow, to be tested&approved), big vengeance = big WoG ^^ .i never hesitate to refresh for a new big 1st tick

P1 : only the first wave of adds is painfull (other come whitout effort due to aggroheal), use small cd each time the boss taunt his adds. second wave, grab the sham
P2 : use your differnts cd after 4stack, (keep your divine protect for each whirling)
P3 : non existant
P4 : keep eye on eventual MC to be controled, use last cd for safety.
loot

the last debat is about adds, i prefer to off my Righteous Fury after P1 (and let P4's adds go all around)
with RF on, sure u will aggro all and put less stress on dps, but too big risk IMO

PS1. haven't yet try with a dps mind. I've heard it generate same as a standard good dps folks.
my last was with a disc, he enjoyed my heal support, he feel safe all fight and able to smite at will, he added 100kdps (and did around 80k hps). while i did 200k dps and 90k hps

PS2. DK are also able to solotank. I dont know for other ^^
oldboyz

Postby Schroom » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:49 am

Can be easily done with 1 tank and 1 heal in normalmode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6fTg4bGCYE

here is a video of a group that did it with 5 man (1 tank, 1 heal 3 DPS)

In HM however it is a bit more entertaining. can be one tanked or one healed here as well.
Schroom

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)