[10H] Malkorok

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10H] Malkorok

Postby Schroom » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:54 am

As the 25m equivalent exists already I'm opening the 10man thread.

we are going to pull this on Sunday, and my reaidleader insists that Protection paladins can solosoak both Blood rages.

one, I see how it could be done, but for the second one the 3min Cooldowns aren't ready again, so how can you solotank this whole fight, and solosoak both bloodrages.

our Pool consists of (I only include sec speccs if they can be played in raid):

Me (Protection paladin)

Warrior (main specc Tank, sec specc fury)
DK (main DPS UH, second Blood)
Druid(Main Feral, second guardian)
Monk (Windwalker)

Mage (Fire)
2 Warlocks who can play every specc if needed
Hunter (SV or BM)
Priest (main shadow, second Disc)

Paladin (Holy)
Shaman (Resto)
Druid (Main resto, Sec Balance)
Schroom

Re: [10H] Malkorok

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:40 am

We're sorting through our CDs as well for this fight.

Having a warrior gives you a vigilience, rally, banner, druid symbiosis, two sacs, iron bark and spirit link.

You guys are more well rounded for cds that can cover both rages outside of yours. So really, your only CDs that will not be available are GoAK and AD.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Setokaiba » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:20 am

I've looked a bit into this as well.
Because it's less stress on dps and healers I think the general idea is to kill it before the second soak phase. Even if you get there then you can all just stack and use all left raid wide + personal CDs.
Setokaiba

Postby daishan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:59 am

Would it be worth having your spriest stack with you and use dispersion then once that runs out have your co tank stack with you, him blow all his cd's plus glyphed HoSac on him.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Darrak » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:29 am

daishan wrote:Would it be worth having your spriest stack with you and use dispersion then once that runs out have your co tank stack with you, him blow all his cd's plus glyphed HoSac on him.

why not just let each tank tank one BR?
Darrak

Postby Riemu » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:36 am

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/135 ... 2-on-10-HC

I opened with HA + GOAK, after GOAK faded I popped AD + glyphed DP, usually got an ironbark / vigilance during AD just to be safe. I don't think externals are necessary during the first blood rage phase, but it's usually better to be safe than sorry, just don't use any 3 minute cooldown externals they are better used during the second one. For the second blood rage I had HA + Barrier + Ironbark, after IB + barrier had faded I got PS + Vigilance, by the time PS + Vigilance have faded your own majors should be up, especially with the CDR trinket. The second blood rage is much more straightforward than the first one because you can just chain everything you have, if you have the dps for Malkorok the fight will end shortly after / during the blood rage phase.
EF heals like a beast during the blood rage phase, topping you with each tick if you refresh it with 5 stacks of BoG and vengeance cap. I went with haste + t15 4 set for our first kill, on our second kill I had hastecap with no setbonuses, both worked fine. My survivability during the blood rage phase was never an issue.
RL, GM and Pally Tank for 10-man Guild Plage, EU-Gorgonnash
Chars: Prot Paladin / Blood DK

Livestream: http://www.twitch.tv/plageriemu

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789
Riemu

Postby Winkle » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:12 am

Darrak wrote:
daishan wrote:Would it be worth having your spriest stack with you and use dispersion then once that runs out have your co tank stack with you, him blow all his cd's plus glyphed HoSac on him.

why not just let each tank tank one BR?

Generally BrM or Prot Pala's are preferred for the soak task, if you have both classes available then utilising 1 for each is a possiblility i guess.
Winkle

Postby daishan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:14 am

Darrak wrote:why not just let each tank tank one BR?

A warrior might be able to solo Blood rage but not certain as we haven't had one in the guild for a long time.

I was as much thinking about how my guild could do it as anything else and I known for certain my dk co tank would get squashed flat if he tried it :p
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Darrak » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:00 pm

daishan wrote:
Darrak wrote:why not just let each tank tank one BR?

A warrior might be able to solo Blood rage but not certain as we haven't had one in the guild for a long time.

I was as much thinking about how my guild could do it as anything else and I known for certain my dk co tank would get squashed flat if he tried it :p

a friend of mine tanks a 10m guild with a DK partner, they're working on malkorok right now and the DK is tanking the blood rage. i was super suprised when i heard about it but apparently it can be done even with a DK, though i have no idea what CDs they use. will try to look up a WoL

here you go: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-v67hz ... 804&e=5041
Darrak

Postby Schroom » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:12 am

so. first night. Boss @ 13%

we will put in a few more tries before reset (an clearing the rest in Normalmode for loots)

P2 is really no Problem tho. our healers just /lol ed basically.
P1 is the hard task in this encounter.

and for the 2nd one I have more than enought CDs left.

basically my plan is as followed:

for both: HA + 100%SoTR uptime

1. DP+Barkskin+Vigilance+HoS
then GoAK+ stonefrom+HoS (healer specced in clemency)

2. DP+Barksin+Vigilance+HoS
Banner
then shout+HoS+AD+Stoneform+spirit link and everything else there is.

with the vengeance level you get. I pulled out an EF for 3.5 Mio o.O ticking for 433k

Health bar wasn't even moving.

as I got no SoO trinkets yet I went with 2 stam trinkets staying at 40% haste and enough mastery for 50% SoTR
I chose the LeiShen trinket with absorb and the good old Lao-Chen with mastery on use (timing it right before P2 for THAT SOTR and THAT EF)
Schroom

Postby stevos » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:50 am

Are you solo tanking the whole fight or just p2?
stevos

Postby Belloc » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:39 pm

It's pretty much impossible to solo tank the whole fight. If you tried, you'd be dead well before phase 2 just because normal melee attacks would eventually one-shot you. In phase 2, the solo-tank basically has to have 0 stacks of the +damage taken debuff.
Belloc

Postby Arjuna » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:53 am

Well, perhaps this is a question for Malkorok 10N, but is there an easy way to mark the areas as a tank? Macros or something?
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Schroom » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:37 am

euhm... why do you mark them?

we always and still do mark the areas before pulling the boss. and jsut call out the "bad colors"

like "yellow, blue, red" now everybody knows that those areas are bad.

marking, even while using a keybind, always is a loss in DPS and survivability. as you have to place the mark manually on the position evey time. bogus imho.
Schroom

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)