Patch 5.4 - Flex Raid, Siege of Orgrimmar, and more!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.4 - Flex Raid, Siege of Orgrimmar, and more!

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:22 pm

Paladin

Talents
Eternal Flame's heal-over-time effect is increased by 50% when used on the Paladin (down from 100%).

I just...I dunno...lol
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:30 pm

Fenrìr wrote:
Paladin

Talents
Eternal Flame's heal-over-time effect is increased by 50% when used on the Paladin (down from 100%).

I just...I dunno...lol

I give up.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:14 pm

So that basically means "take whatever you like, at least until you have the T16 bonus"?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Fenris » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:52 am

Aaaaand back to sacred shield i go
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Thels » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:19 am

Napkin math learns us that EF still is stronger per tick at 4 or 5 BoG stacks, and about equal at 3 BoG stacks.

And that's per tick. EF ticks twice as often (though SS has the advantage of being an absorb, and hanging around until it's used).
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Fetzie » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:36 am

Thels wrote:Napkin math learns us that EF still is stronger per tick at 4 or 5 BoG stacks, and about equal at 3 BoG stacks.

And that's per tick. EF ticks twice as often (though SS has the advantage of being an absorb, and hanging around until it's used).

*and not needing to wait ~20 seconds before you can reasonably cast it
*and not costing holy power
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Marilee » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:28 am

Reduced the activation rate for caster and healer Legendary cloak effects for characters in a tanking specialization by 75%.

Eh???? Were people using caster/healer legendary cloaks as tanks?
Marilee

Postby daishan » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:34 am

I think Sloot tested the healer one on ptr and said it wasn't worth it.
I did hear last night that some tanks where getting crazy high dps from the caster cloak but I couldn't find any logs to back it up.
Daishan
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:39 am

Marilee wrote:
Reduced the activation rate for caster and healer Legendary cloak effects for characters in a tanking specialization by 75%.

The caster dps cloak would spread a DoT to everything in melee range that dealt damage equal to 2x spell power (= AP) over 4 seconds. What with getting 400-500k AP in heroic modes, that was a ton of damage on add fights.

Fetzie

Postby Sagara » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:43 am

Glad that came to pass before I heard about it. Running aorund with -THREE- legendary capes would have been... unusual XD
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby theckhd » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:06 am

Marilee wrote:

Yes: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6f42 ... 535&e=2037
(Note that this is 25H, WoL currently doesn't recognize the difference between N and H)

Essence of Yu'lon (DPS cloak proc) was 18% of my damage done, second only to AS.
Not sure if the healer cloak would have really been worth it (though if it ended up allowing you to drop a healer, then on some fights it would be), but probably better for them to just hit it preemptively.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Ruldar » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:04 am

30% less wild imp damage and 40% reduced chance for UVLS procs? The Lock is going to be feeling those changes.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby Newsom » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:16 am

daishan wrote:I think Sloot tested the healer one on ptr and said it wasn't worth it.
I did hear last night that some tanks where getting crazy high dps from the caster cloak but I couldn't find any logs to back it up.

Our logs are private but I can confirm the caster cloak did some really crazy numbers, especially on cleave fights like Spoils. It was usually my top damage ability (close to the same output as Consecration and Avenger's Shield on multiple targets). It scaled really well with vengeance.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:43 am

I'm amazed that they had nerfed the melee and tank cloak for the very same reason on the PTR and didn't think of the other 2 cloaks.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby econ21 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:27 pm

Fetzie wrote:*and not needing to wait ~20 seconds before you can reasonably cast it
*and not costing holy power

Oh well - I was just getting used to EF. It seemed more interesting gameplay wise than SS (maybe just because it was less obvious what was optimal usage). And it was fun to heal more than a resto druid in a flex run (probably says more about the resto).

We should not complain, I guess - as we had gone from one no brainer SS to another no brainer EF. Now, they seem more or less balanced.

I guess it's back to SS until the 4pc.
econ21

PreviousNext

Return to General