Re: All about sports

Postby Koatanga » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:39 pm

He butt-fumbled his helmet.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Jabari » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:57 pm

Classy Dodgers are classy. :evil:

Hope they all caught some kind of flesh-eating bacteria.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Shoju » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:04 pm

The Browns gave me a great birthday present.

The ability to stop caring about them. 2 weeks into the season, and they have already waved the white flag for the year. We're done. Pack it in. We're going to see what we can do in the next draft.

And the Fans have no one to blame but themselves. Since the team moved, we have proven that we care way too much about the team.
We'll endure cosmetic changes to make it look like there is effort being made.
We'll tolerate 19 starting qb's.
We'll tolerate "building through the draft"
We'll tolerate giving another coordinator a chance at being an nfl head coach instead of hiring a successful head coach.
We'll tolerate trading a power running back, with enormous potential, because he doesn't fit the system. (or so they thought) Keep in mind, that good teams adapt the system to fit their players. Case in Point: Peyton Manning, and the Denver Broncos. Isn't it interesting how the Broncos evolved into what Manning does, instead of Manning evolving into what they did? Interesting. But, hey, it's working right.

The outrage over Richardson was coupled with such awesome "threats of protest" as: Don't show up to the next game until the second Quarter! Yeah. That'll show em. Show up late. They already have your money.

But, While I may never be able to fully quit the Browns, they did give me the ability to move on. I'm looking for a new team to root for. A team that thinks the best way to reward their fans for their dedication, is to put a winning product on the field. Not, take advantage of that fanbase, and keep trying to build and build, and blow it up at the first sign of trouble.
Shoju

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:17 pm

Shoju wrote:But, While I may never be able to fully quit the Browns, they did give me the ability to move on. I'm looking for a new team to root for. A team that thinks the best way to reward their fans for their dedication, is to put a winning product on the field. Not, take advantage of that fanbase, and keep trying to build and build, and blow it up at the first sign of trouble.

Sounds like a team up in Baltimore is perfect for you!
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:15 pm

Flex wrote:
Shoju wrote:But, While I may never be able to fully quit the Browns, they did give me the ability to move on. I'm looking for a new team to root for. A team that thinks the best way to reward their fans for their dedication, is to put a winning product on the field. Not, take advantage of that fanbase, and keep trying to build and build, and blow it up at the first sign of trouble.

Sounds like a team up in Baltimore is perfect for you!

That's about as likely as the steelers.

AKA The last resort.

And even then? It'd probably be the Steelers before the Ravens. I just have a hard time "rooting" for the Ravens. I don't "hate" them, but being a fan? I just don't think I could do it.
Shoju

Postby Koatanga » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:18 pm

Shoju wrote:The Browns gave me a great birthday present.

The ability to stop caring about them. 2 weeks into the season, and they have already waved the white flag for the year. We're done. Pack it in. We're going to see what we can do in the next draft.

And the Fans have no one to blame but themselves. Since the team moved, we have proven that we care way too much about the team.
We'll endure cosmetic changes to make it look like there is effort being made.
We'll tolerate 19 starting qb's.
We'll tolerate "building through the draft"
We'll tolerate giving another coordinator a chance at being an nfl head coach instead of hiring a successful head coach.
We'll tolerate trading a power running back, with enormous potential, because he doesn't fit the system. (or so they thought) Keep in mind, that good teams adapt the system to fit their players. Case in Point: Peyton Manning, and the Denver Broncos. Isn't it interesting how the Broncos evolved into what Manning does, instead of Manning evolving into what they did? Interesting. But, hey, it's working right.

The outrage over Richardson was coupled with such awesome "threats of protest" as: Don't show up to the next game until the second Quarter! Yeah. That'll show em. Show up late. They already have your money.

But, While I may never be able to fully quit the Browns, they did give me the ability to move on. I'm looking for a new team to root for. A team that thinks the best way to reward their fans for their dedication, is to put a winning product on the field. Not, take advantage of that fanbase, and keep trying to build and build, and blow it up at the first sign of trouble.

May I recommend the Seattle Seahawks? Young team, good coaching, built through the draft and other teams' discarded players, excellent fan base, and a favourite to do well this season.
Koatanga

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:35 pm

Oh the Pirates... you are going to stick a dagger in my heart aren't you?

It's a bit premature to list excellent fan base, as an attribute of the Seahawks, particularly to a Browns fan. They're certainly a great young team with tremendous potential, but that fan base needs to prove itself. I can remember local radio honks begging people to buy tickets so the games wouldn't be blacked out (in a brand spanking new stadium to boot). More recently they were saved by corporate sponsors buying empty seats to avoid it.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Teranoid » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:56 pm

Jordy Mercer should go back to little league where they teach you how to throw a fucking baseball.
Teranoid

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:34 pm

I've got three words

Jose
Chico
Lind
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Koatanga » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:03 am

Fridmarr wrote:Oh the Pirates... you are going to stick a dagger in my heart aren't you?

It's a bit premature to list excellent fan base, as an attribute of the Seahawks, particularly to a Browns fan. They're certainly a great young team with tremendous potential, but that fan base needs to prove itself. I can remember local radio honks begging people to buy tickets so the games wouldn't be blacked out (in a brand spanking new stadium to boot). More recently they were saved by corporate sponsors buying empty seats to avoid it.

136.6 decibels. Roads lined with people as the team left for the playoffs last year.

The fans appreciate the team and the team appreciates the fans.
Koatanga

Postby Teranoid » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:07 am

Fridmarr wrote:I've got three words

Jose
Chico
Lind

In hindsight it's just as much Melancon's fault afterwards. Every batter in baseball has him figured out now. Almost being swept by the Padres and imploding last night is the absolutely last thing that needs to happen to this team.
Teranoid

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:55 am

Koatanga wrote:136.6 decibels. Roads lined with people as the team left for the playoffs last year.

The fans appreciate the team and the team appreciates the fans.
Yeah they're loud in a quasi closed stadium. Yeah they are supporting their team...now. Of course they have a team that's a leading candidate to go to the super bowl so that doesn't say a whole lot.

Even in 2011 when the Eagles came to town, a very high percentage of fans were Eagles fans, enough for it to be a backstory afterwards. That's not unusual either, the last time the Steelers came to town (which granted was back in the Tommy Maddox days), you would have had a hard time figuring out who the home team was by looking in the bleachers, and that is not an exaggeration. It's been a chronic problem when the teams that typically travel well come here, and it's been referenced by announcers.

They are going to have to do more than jump on the bandwagon when the team is a super bowl contender to compare to the Browns. Their recent history when the team has been even below average has not been good.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:43 am

The Hoyer Era is here.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:18 am

Klaudandus wrote:The Hoyer Era is here.

Only the Browns can mess up tanking a season.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:46 am

Flex wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:The Hoyer Era is here.

Only the Browns can mess up tanking a season.

Well, its not like they were gonna get Johnny Manziel, as overrated as he is.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General