Patch 5.4 - Flex Raid, Siege of Orgrimmar, and more!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.4 - Flex Raid, Siege of Orgrimmar, and more!

Postby Flex » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:57 pm

The loot acquisition from Flex raiding is pretty nice. 10 mans you get 2 drops with maybe somebody being able to use them. On our Immersius kill last night we got 7 items for the 12 people in the raid. Several people got usable loot from every kill as well.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Fetzie » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:34 pm

I got a belt and gloves in Flex on my priest in week 1, and a ring and offhand (upgrade 476 to 448!) in week 2.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Ironshield » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:04 am

Anyone else seeing crazy trash epic drops in normal SoO? We had two from the Norushen trash and then FOUR on the Sha trash last night (two of them where mail in a raid with no hunters or shamans - but still - CRAZY).

Has this been buffed or did we just use up ALL our SoO Loot Luck?
Ironshield

Postby Sagara » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:25 am

Meh, got a couple things on the two weeks we ran the thing. You probablyt just rolled all 7's on your dies.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fenris » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:53 am

We've seen 1 trash drop after 11 boss kills so...No,not seeing it :P

P.s:i'm so happy that after all they did,i'm still useless on trash because "throw a barrel,get aggro from everything up to 2 rooms ahead" from our monk tank still works exactly the same...
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:07 am

Fenris wrote:We've seen 1 trash drop after 11 boss kills so...No,not seeing it :P

P.s:i'm so happy that after all they did,i'm still useless on trash because "throw a barrel,get aggro from everything up to 2 rooms ahead" from our monk tank still works exactly the same...

And our DPS is down from 5.3 as well.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:44 am

Ironshield wrote:Anyone else seeing crazy trash epic drops in normal SoO? We had two from the Norushen trash and then FOUR on the Sha trash last night (two of them where mail in a raid with no hunters or shamans - but still - CRAZY).

Has this been buffed or did we just use up ALL our SoO Loot Luck?

We've gotten a shitload of cloaks. 3 alone off the trash before Sha of Pride the first night. Like I get it.. not everyone has a legendary cloak but jesus there are 10 cloaks that drop between bosses and trash.
Teranoid

Postby Flex » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:48 am

Klaudandus wrote:And our DPS is down from 5.3 as well.

So that glyph change really hurt huh.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:25 am

Flex wrote:

I have the feeling Blizz balanced the DPS around a prot pally running at 50% haste.

Meanwhile, my warrior co-tank went from being below me in dps charts to do 10-15k more dps in in a fight on average, not to mention threat alone.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:37 am

Klaudandus wrote:
Flex wrote:

I have the feeling Blizz balanced the DPS around a prot pally running at 50% haste.

Meanwhile, my warrior co-tank went from being below me in dps charts to do 10-15k more dps in in a fight on average, not to mention threat alone.

Two changes would affect prot DPS directly.

* Glyph of the Alabaster Shield now increases damage for the next Shield of the Righteous by 10% per stack (down from 20% per stack).
* Grand Crusader no longer has a chance to activate from Crusader Strike and Hammer of the Righteous, but now has a 30% chance to activate when dodging or parrying a melee attack (up from 12%).

Nothing else really changed on our end unless the 1.5% Vengeance change was super hard on us.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:42 am

You're discounting the threat from Glyph of Battle Healer. Our threat has never been snappy as other tanks.

When I get paired with a monk, I might as well have righteous fury off cuz none of those adds are gonna be hitting me anyways, thus my dps is crap for those parts.

And while it's not as bad with my warrior co-tank, she can just heroic leap and thunderclap and take away about half of my mobs in less than 1 sec.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:44 am

Klaudandus wrote:You're discounting the threat from Glyph of Battle Healer. Our threat has never been snappy as other tanks.

When I get paired with a monk, I might as well have righteous fury off cuz none of those adds are gonna be hitting me anyways, thus my dps is crap for those parts.

And?

Battle Healer threat was a bad idea. Having to turn off RF on fights to not steal threat from the other tank is dumbtarded.

And while it's not as bad with my warrior co-tank, she can just heroic leap and thunderclap and take away about half of my mobs in less than 1 sec.

That's not a new situation. Also quit tanking everything, or if you want to tank everything have the other tank DPS.

Also, are we talking trash? If so who cares.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:46 am

Not saying it wasn't retarded, but it was a bandaid of sorts for our slow ramping threat.

The thing is that I am seeing my cotank having an easier time picking up adds in fights like norushen and sha of pride than I do. I just don't generate the threat fast enough for the adds to get glued on me.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:48 am

Klaudandus wrote:Not saying it wasn't retarded, but it was a bandaid of sorts for our slow ramping threat.

Which only matters in trash and add fights, but I've never really had an issue on picking adds up off of DPS this expansion. I don't care if the other tank gets them as long as the DPS don't.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:51 am

I am having problems, which is why I am complaining. Then again, these guys are bursting like crazy (rogue and shaman with legen cloak) but still doesnt seem much of an issue when it is the warrior tank's turn to pick up adds on X fight.
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General