Fitness and being Healthy

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Fitness and being Healthy

Postby Cogglamp » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:44 am

Let me be the first to say:

That is an amazing transformation. You look great. Keep at it one day at a time. I'm sure your family and friends are very proud of what you've accomplished. I hope you can see and feel the difference.

/highfive and brohug
Cogglamp

Postby Shoju » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:18 am

Thank you sir.

They can see it a lot more than I can. I still see myself naked. I still see the fat in the stomach and thighs, and the stretched skin that will probably never go back to a "non stretched". But, I can see it in little instances. I can fit into "regular" fit jeans now, instead of laughing at the very idea of getting my thighs in them. Something, that even as a kid I don't think I could do. I see that my face is a lot thinner. I just noticed that for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I walked by a mirror, and freaked out a little, because I thought someone else was in the room. I didn't even recognize myself. I notice that my stomach doesn't hang over my pants so bad, and that I can lift my arms up without exposing the world to the buddha belly.

And I feel better. I feel a FUCK TON better.

I want to dig out the clothes I wore last summer for a photo shoot with my wife, and take another photo in them for comparison. I just always forget to dig them out of the pile of stuff to get rid of.
Shoju

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:28 pm

Way to go Shoju

man you look kinda like me in your "before" picture. weight/body-shape-wise that is. Of course i was never as skinny as you are in that HS picture so I think I have a very different path to walk.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Shoju » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:06 pm

That high school pic is a result of copious amounts of drugs. I abused any and every pill I could get my hands on.

It's been a long road, and sometimes It feels like its been a long time coming. I didn't end up this way overnight, so I can't hope to undo it overnight. One of these days though.... I'll be under 200.
Shoju

Postby Shoju » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:00 pm

Step on scale: 204.

5 days until my birthday.

I WILL LOSE ONE MORE POUND

or die trying.
Shoju

Postby Nooska » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:40 am

Time for an update (and a belated Happy birthday to Shoju which was yesterday judging from the above post - did you make it? or did you die, I don't recall seeing you post yesterday ;-))

Scales today say 244 lbs (110.7 kg), thats a loss of 36 lbs (16.3) since I started may 21st (17 weeks), and marks me crossing the halfway point to my current goal; 209.5 lbs (95 kg), which will see me at a BMI of 24.
Current BMI of 28.2, down from 32.4 when I started.

App says I can be at my target weight in 10 weeks, a bit later than I originally hoped, but I did have a stagnancy period over the summer, so I can't really complain - apart from slight fluctuations its been a steady decline :D
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Arnock » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:58 am

So, I haven't been able to squat or deadlift for about 6 months now, due to some lower back pain.

I finally had the time and money to go in to see the doctor about it, had an MRI taken, and apparently I have both a bulging disc, and a herniated disc.

Wheee!
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:43 am

well, I joined a gym

we'll see how THAT goes.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Cogglamp » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:53 am

Grats Nooska.

Stay with it. Long term changes FTW.
Cogglamp

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:01 pm

Sabindeus wrote:well, I joined a gym

we'll see how THAT goes.

YAY! Keep us updated!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby cdan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:48 am

Arnock wrote:So, I haven't been able to squat or deadlift for about 6 months now, due to some lower back pain.

I finally had the time and money to go in to see the doctor about it, had an MRI taken, and apparently I have both a bulging disc, and a herniated disc.

Wheee!

Are they going to fuse them? Know a guy, now in his 50's, who broke his back about 10 years ago. He squats more than I do these days. No excuses :)
cdan

Postby Shoju » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:57 am

90 pounds by my birthday achieved.

I kicked ass. Now, 100 by christmas.
Shoju

Postby Arnock » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:51 pm

Shoju wrote:90 pounds by my birthday achieved.

Congrats shoju!

After losing that much weight, 10 lbs over 3 months should be nothing =P

cdan wrote:Are they going to fuse them? Know a guy, now in his 50's, who broke his back about 10 years ago. He squats more than I do these days. No excuses :)

Nope.

I'm going to try physical therapy/injections for a LONG time before I want to try messing with surgery.

Hoping to find a way to fix this so I can go back to getting some gainz, yo.

In the mean time, I've been just been doing bench, machine rows, OHP, and chinups, followed by half an hour or so on a stationary bike.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Nooska » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:30 am

Shoju wrote:90 pounds by my birthday achieved.

Big Gratz :)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Shoju » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:26 am

Ty much :)

well, it's tough. I'm down to a point where I'm not losing nearly as fast as I was. I mean... over the last month, I've only lost 7 pounds. Which is a huge difference as compared to 19 pounds over the past 2, 29 over the past three.

I knew it would happen though. I'm not down to 201.5, cruising ever so close to the 200 barrier. And then from there, it's only 30 or so pounds until it's about maintaining weight and toning.

Hard to believe really... I would never have thought I could get this far in 213 days. I would never have thought that I could get here in 365 days. I thought this was going to be hard. And sure, there have been times when it's been hard. But overall? It's been pretty easy.

Now... if only I could become the "Jared" of MyFitnessPal... I could definitely be a spokesman. Especially for something that I believe in as much as I do MFP.
Shoju

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum