Diablo 3 is live!

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Diablo 3 is live!

Postby Era » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:06 pm

To me, D3 is an excellent game if you consider it as a stand alone title - but a mediocre sequel to D2. That being said, I'm still happy I got it and I've clocked a fair amount of hours, and will continue to do so in the expansion.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Fenris » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:17 am

Unless they give it out for free (like they,in the end,did with the annual pass) i'm not going to touch the expansion with a pole.

I still can't get over how...Bad D3 was in every single field.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Era » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:53 am

I found the combat to be fairly enjoyable. The story/quests were pretty shit, and the voice acting and lines (of the main characters) even worse. Unimportant NPCs had way better acting/lines, two great ones being Scoundrel (Lyndon) and the Jeweler (Shen) - in my opinion anyway! :roll: Oh and man, Zoltun Kulle! Loved him. But Leah? Tyrael? The 3 end bosses? Ugh.

*SOME SPOILERS BELOW*

The atmosphere of the game didn't feel right either, but I think what bugged me the most was that the story didn't interest me at all. Previous Diablo games just really enthralled me with their storylines and quests. Oh, and I don't mind that they killed off Cain, just that they did it way too early in the game. Could've been a good story moment, but that early it was just "eh some bloke" for everyone who hadn't played the previous games - and even to me it had been too long to have a proper impact. Would've been better if it happened at a later stage, perhaps at Leahblo's hands for a tragedy effect.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Shamora » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:30 pm

Looks like they are gonna be closin the AHs next March

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/1097497 ... -9-17-2013

I for one will miss the gold auction house. Never cared for the RMAH though.
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby Era » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:17 am

Eh, kinda mixed feelings about the whole thing. I don't really care that it's going away, but I wouldn't exactly be upset if it stayed either.

Do we have any idea how that date relates to the release of the new expansion?
Era

Postby Flex » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:55 am

I hope they implement something official for trading outside of a /trade chat channel.

Reality is that hardcore Diablo fans love trading and love spending money on items. The RMAH made it safe from scams.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:51 am

The problem wasn't the AH, was the loot system.

Back in D2, you could farm end act bosses with MF gear or certain rares, and have very consistent chances of dropping top end set / unique items.
There also were fixed recipes that would make you create very strong items, even though they would require a bit of luck to find the key mats, or add properties to items.

In D3, the randomness is so high that you can farm "stuff" for days and days and not see a single useful item.
Like me, I got over 500 hours played in total, but the amount of sellable items I found is 2, one worth about 10 millions, and one worth about 4.
The crafts are also essentially worthless, as even the legendary ring from uber bosses has a very small chance of coming up with actually good stats and is most of the time less useful than a low priced legendary.

In this world, it's obvious that everyone just went for the "quick way", which is the AH, to gear up.

Removing the AH is fine and I approve the idea (though I might invest like 5 € to get my last char geared and ready for the exp before they shut it down). However, their "loot 2.0" plan must be REALLY good to make this work.

Looking forward to know more.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zalaria » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:38 am

The AH is the reason for those low drop rates. With every player in the region having easy access to every other player's excess good gear (whether it's not for their class or it's good but not as good as their own), they can't have the good gear dropping as consistently or everyone will have perfect gear almost immediately.
Once they remove the AH, I bet you'll see more good gear dropping.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:53 am

Console D3 loot, fewer drops, higher quality of drops, is partially based on the loot revamp they have coming down the pipe line for PC.

Even with the loot change removing the AH is still a problematic solution to a problem that does exist. Opinions on if Blizzard should even bother with policing real world money sales is up for debate.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sagara » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:48 am

With AH going down soon-ish and me going into no-WoW arrest in the possible future, I dusted off my 52 Baba for a night of intense demon-slaying.

a) Goddamit that game has gotten easier. I sometimes die to nasty comboed rare, but that's pretty much it.
b) Dinged 56 with 280 gold and thought "what the hell" and sought a good weapon to replace my old 270dps 1 hander. HOLY SHIAT LEGENDARY 2h- mace with ONE GODDAMN THOUSAND dps for 180k gold? SOLD!

I'll be soon hitting Zolten Khule or whatsisname on Hell with the new hammer. I expect much head-smaching.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Flex » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:12 am

With a modest few hundred thousand Gold AH investment you'll be able to start on Inferno 5 or so.

One of my more amusing things since I restarted playing was using Iron Impact rune on Leap. 100% armor increase for every target hit. I have about 6400 armor unbuffed and after a leap I was at about 110,000 armor.
Flex

Postby Sagara » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:28 am

Whelp, two months later, and I'm slowly grinding my way through Monster Power.

I'm pretty happy with my WW barb right now. I still hate rangers with a vengeance, but a no-speed penalty WW with 24% Speed Boost and Sprint: RLtW does put a quick end to *that*.
My defenses are still a tad low (mostly working off of LoH/LS), but it's only really a problem when I get careless against Arcane Enchanted/Plagued/Desecrator or things like that.

Sagara

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:10 am

You don't "really" need defenses. They just make surviving stuff easier, but in the end it's all about how much damage you do.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/it/profile/Worl ... o/16160038
My barb, as you can see, 400 resist, no armor items, I can easily handle Mp10.

WW barb with 100k+ dps is the ultimate mp10 farming char
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:40 pm

RoS Friends and Family beta is out with 3000 invites sent to community members. Lots of Twitch streaming. Some of the Legendary effects are nice: legendary pants that grant increased damage and resource generation while moving, and decreases both while standing still, 4 piece monk set grants the base effect of all 4 mantras, a ring that makes you immune to arcane damage but instead heal for 25% of the damage absorbed. There are Legendary potions that replace normal potions and grant increased Life on Kill for a few seconds after using.

By the end of the year they're going to have the 2.0 PTR up with mechanic and system changes.
Flex

Postby Sagara » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:42 pm

Flex wrote:Some of the Legendary effects are nice: legendary pants that grant increased damage and resource generation while moving, and decreases both while standing still, 4 piece monk set grants the base effect of all 4 mantras, a ring that makes you immune to arcane damage but instead heal for 25% of the damage absorbed. There are Legendary potions that replace normal potions and grant increased Life on Kill for a few seconds after using.

[Whirldwinding intesifies]

Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games