10N Norushen

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

10N Norushen

Postby Ironshield » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:43 am

Lessons learnt from first full raid on this boss, T15 normal geared raid:
If you have two DPS do their trials simultaneously you could be overwhelmed with adds.

Let the tanks be the first to stun the big adds so that they are in position, and don't stand on top of them unless you are the one soaking them. If you ARE the one soaking, note the void zone doesn't spawn until AFTER they have done their ridiculous death animation.

Tanking trial - Interrupt Hurl Corruption IS CRITICAL! Move out of the Smash is also quite important, but not as deadly as the hurl. The other two don't hurt too bad, but a bit of spare mitigation doesn't hurt. Eternal Flame is more than enough to heal up the two unavoidable bit of damage. Divine Protection makes them pretty much unnoticable.

Enrage is SEVEN minutes, NOT 10 as DBM claims. This is quite a tight DPS check after the first two bosses who we had ample DPS to down.

The Enrage is a HARD stop to the raid, no bubble cheesing through it etc...

Need confirmation on what sort of buff healers get from being purified. WoLs is a bit shaky at the moment, but it looks like it definitely is a fairly significant buff.
Ironshield

Re: 10N Norushen

Postby Thels » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:39 am

Has any tank tried to kill the mob? I've gotten him down to like 300k when I was in there when the timer ran out. Does killing him end the test early, like it does for DPS?
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Darielle » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:45 am

Thels wrote:Has any tank tried to kill the mob? I've gotten him down to like 300k when I was in there when the timer ran out. Does killing him end the test early, like it does for DPS?

It does, I think both our tanks killed theirs and popped out.

The interruptable cast can also be Reflected and Mass Reflected for Warriors.
Darielle

Postby Sagara » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:48 am

It breaks the test early. Always nice to let the other tank grab a quick stack or two before starting the test.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby daishan » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:04 am

I was always very close to killing the add without using wings, with wings I'd get out 10-15 sec early.
Thinking about it after the fight though I'm fairly sure using wings on the test was a waste, I think blowing wings on the boss while purified would be more beneficial.
Daishan
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:17 am

You can also stand in front of small adds to block the heal thing as a redundant safety.

The orbs respawn as soon as someone finishes their trial; coming up early is not a huge deal for tanks and isn't worth popping CDs to do since there's often just not that much to do; we had the active tank do both the boss and add and soak pools.

We sent:
DPS Tank
DPS Healer
DPS Tank
DPS Healer
DPS Healer

Then anyone could go who needed to clear stacks; the tank needed to go down once more maybe since he was soaking the majority of the pools; one of the random healers would soak once in a while if we needed. As soon as all the DPS was clean we lusted. Once we noticed you could also stand in front of small adds damage taken dropped precipitously -- we could probably have two healed this and been fine.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Hrobertgar » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:09 am

We tried a schedule similar to fuzzygeek at first, but due to attendance issues, we actually had a couple of undergeared dps alts (one was 520 ilvl) in the raid. After wiping to enrage at like 4%-6% a couple of times we went for the all-out dps strat.

We sent in top 2 dps first, and had assigned absorbers who could go in next to get cleansed off. Then more dps and a heal and tank1 in 3rd set of orbs. I agree having people only soak when it was their turn was important to not cost people the buff. Sending double dps did result in lots of adds but did make up for having to use undergeared dps alts.

Our healers hated this fight, but whatever the healer buff was they all pulled 120k hps when most of their AOE heals rarely reached more than 3 people due to all the movement for adds and death beam.

I am not positive, but think the schedule was something like:
dps dps
dps heal
dps tank
dps heal
tank open
open open

the non tanks going in the 2nd & 3rd groups can soak just before entering as it doesn't matter. Tanks can also soak just before entering. The first tank can soak most of the ones thereafter as the second tank will be clean for most of the burn phase and can tank for a while.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby yudrig » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:26 pm

We spent about 90 minutes wiping the first night because my warrior co-tank found it difficult to survive the test realm consistently, so we changed our strat and never let him go in. Took us about 3-4 attempts after the change, here is how we did it:

Me (pally tank) and our best dps went in on pull. As soon as his add spawned the other tnak would pick it up and the dps that was going in next would collect the pool then enter their realm, the dps continued this. As soon as I finished the tank test (I wasn't trying to kill the add, just survive) our resto druid went in and the other two healers followed as they finished their tests.

From 50, 40, 30% adds were picked up by one healer and I picked up the last one (we stuned the mob and virtually ignored the 10% one).

Save raid CDs for the end as the raid damage gets intense for healers. We chained the raid CDs from about 20%.
yudrig

Postby Raive » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:40 am

So after spending a full raid night on this in 25 man and proceeding to get nowhere (adds feel incredibly chaotic in 25 as you're looking at at least 3 dps going in orbs at a time, constant adds spawning) we dropped down to 10 man yesterday as we were short players for our 25.

We had a few 3% wipes, some due to dps dying early, others just spending more time learning mechanics than dpsing, but eventually had him down almost a full minute before enrage.

We used 3 healers and our rotation went something like

1st set: Healer, dps
2nd set: Tank, dps
3rd set: Healer, dps

and then proceeded with the rest of the dps after this leaving our third healer corrupted as he was having a hard time coming out of the test with enough mana to still be useful.

I picked up the boss on the pull and tanked him until the second set of orbs spawned, had my co-tank taunt, and popped a sprint to the orb. Going in with a fair amount of vengeance I was able to kill the add and get out 15-20 seconds early depending on the pull.

Our OT would soak the orb from one of the manifestations and take the orb after I was back.

I then proceeded to soak all the orbs from the next 4 manifestations, go in and get cleansed again.
Then picked up the orbs from the manifestations from 40, 30, 20, and 10.

We found staggering the dps at the start stopped us from getting overwhelmed and may try something similar when next we're in for 25.

Avoid at all costs having your dps pick up orbs, means less damage unless they go and get cleansed again, if they cleanse again you have to deal with a whole other set of adds. Tanks/healers don't spawn additional adds from their trial (unless they fail) so are much better candidates for soaking the orbs (we may even try running a third tank devoted to soaking/tanking adds when we're next trying it on 25)
Raive

Postby Winkle » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:35 pm

yudrig wrote:We spent about 90 minutes wiping the first night because my warrior co-tank found it difficult to survive the test realm consistently, so we changed our strat and never let him go in. Took us about 3-4 attempts after the change

Doesn't seem necessary to have tanks go down at all, we just sent down the healers plus as many dps as time would allow.
Winkle

Postby Zalbar » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:29 am

Trial observations.

1. Stand as close to him as possible and circle him. This puts titanic smash out of mind as you will always end up directly behind him when he smashes. I just kept running around him constantly, though you could just wait for the timer to start countingdown and start rolling then.

2. Rebuke seems really buggy. Works sometimes, doesn't others. Save your Avengers Shield for interrupting hurl.

3. There are no massive cooldowns needed outside of the trial so blow the biggies. Better safe than sorry.
Zalbar

Postby Belloc » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:58 am

Zalbar wrote:Trial observations.
2. Rebuke seems really buggy. Works sometimes, doesn't others. Save your Avengers Shield for interrupting hurl.

Sounds like lag. Rebuke worked 100% of the time for me.
Belloc

Postby Calleana » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:15 am

We had a bit of difficulty with this boss' enrage timer until we sent in 2 DPS and then had one of the first DPS to clear their corruption stick with the boss the entire fight rather than switch to adds.
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelerei » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:18 am

Calleana wrote:We had a bit of difficulty with this boss' enrage timer until we sent in 2 DPS and then had one of the first DPS to clear their corruption stick with the boss the entire fight rather than switch to adds.

To further this point: the adds that spawn from a DPS trial are linked to the boss's HP, but the adds that spawn at 50%/40%/etc. are not.

After 50%, our two melee players stay on the boss full time while the ranged takes the adds down.
Kelerei

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)