Remove Advertisements

Guild Audit tool - Massive updates for 5.4!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Guild Audit tool - Massive updates for 5.4!

Postby Mordral » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:41 pm

All -

5.4 UPDATE!

Not sure where to put this, move as needed.

One of my guild mates has been working on a tool for looking at various pieces of data from our raid/raiders. It is still a work in progress but its pretty functional. Large guilds can take a couple of minutes to process.

http://www.guildaudit.com/

You input your guild name, region and server and it barfs out a sheet of information.

Take a look at the "About" section at the top for an idea of where it is, and where it is going as a tool.

The new version includes the percent of a players gear that has been upgraded. Future versions will include legendary quest progress, possibly Proving Ground progress and custom groups.
Last edited by Mordral on Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mordral

Re: Guild Audit tool

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:43 pm

The ranks are a delicate thing.
Many guilds have complicate rank systems, es my guild features GM, officer, raider, trials, socials, officer alts, raider/trial/social alts, shame rank (best rank!)

You won't really manage to automate a rank sorting I'm afraid :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: Guild Audit tool

Postby Mordral » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:51 pm

Nah the rank issue can't be solved automatically, but the idea he is working with is that you will have a check box selection (Example: I click boxes 0 1 3 6 because those are the ranks of the people I want to look at and it will ignore all others. Between that and the ignore feature, it should cover most folks pretty nicely.

It was an issue he stumbled upon during internal testing and hasn't gotten around to fixing because it didn't effect our guild. Since he got like 500 guild searches in the first night it was live, I'm pretty sure he will take care of that issue sooner rather than later.
Mordral

Re: Guild Audit tool - Massive updates for 5.4!

Postby Mordral » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:13 pm

5.4 Update

The guild ranking system has been resolved with a nice check box system. He also put it on a legitimate stand-alone domain rather than a funky subdomain.

www.guildaudit.com
Mordral

Postby econ21 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Really nice tool, thanks! I enjoyed it before but the update with the ignore option is great.

It also flagged that I had forgotten to enchant my legendary cloaks, d'oh!
econ21

Postby halabar » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Any mechanism for doing a raid group out of a much larger guild?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Mordral » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:20 pm

Yup, you can use the "Ignore" button on the left side to ignore individuals, or if its HUGE there is an Ignore All button at the bottom, and then you can unignore people you want to check.

Teaser alert: There is a proof of concept floating around in testing for "custom" groups. With this you would input individuals instead of guilds so you could, for example, audit a Flex raid with people from different severs. Not sure when exactly this will happen because there are a couple speed bumps along the way, but it is coming!

I've also been told that there may be something in the works to see how many tier pieces people are wearing, and possibly from which tier.

Also there were a bunch of updates done as to how the Audit handles gear shenanigans like PvP or Vanity items. Basically a PvP piece that results in a higher average item level will be factored in, but if it lowers AIL then it won't. Items below Level 90 are considered failures unless it has seen a level 90 item in that slot for that spec, in which case the <90 item is ignored in the ilvl but flagged with a ! next to the character's name.

The ! next to the name typically means that the character has not been updated as the spec currently selected, and I believe the site only updates the selected spec. So basically if you have Prot selected but log out as Ret, it won't update your character when you refresh the audit.
Mordral

Postby econ21 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:45 am

It's a great tool, thanks.

Mordral wrote:Also there were a bunch of updates done as to how the Audit handles gear shenanigans like PvP or Vanity items. Basically a PvP piece that results in a higher average item level will be factored in, but if it lowers AIL then it won't.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you are saying here, but is there a problem with PvP gear now that pvp stats are off the item budget? It used to be that the itemlevel of a pvp piece inflated its value for pve, but that's no longer true. Indeed a 496 pvp piece is typically better itemised than a 496 Timeless Isle one (more gems, less likely to have just one secondary stat and so pay a budget penalty for that). Yet the stigma against pvp gear still remains in some pugs.

The only exception might be pvp trinkets, where some of the budget does still seem to go on resilience or breaking cc, which is of little or no value in pve.
econ21

Postby Mordral » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:31 am

I'm not a PvPer, nor do I use PvP as a method of gearing alts. As such, my understanding of the subject could be completely incorrect.

My understanding is that PvP gear tops out at a max ilvl of 522.

The "problem" with PvP gear shows up when you are auditing a raid full of people who are sitting in upgraded normal ToT gear or better. A PvP piece will result in an ilvl loss and most people in that situation are either sitting on really good upgraded 530+ pieces from ToT or some variant of 528+ SoO gear. I believe the logic behind the system allows for a certain amount of ilvl drop to, for example, account for swapping from an upgraded war-forged non-Tier piece with shitty stats to an excellent Tier piece that you don't have enough VP to upgrade. In SoO that would be a drop from 567 to 553 - a 14 point drop.

The purpose is to allow someone to Audit a group with as much relevant information as possible even if someone logs out as an off-spec or in their PvP gear. I'll talk to the dev when we both get some time, but I believe the logic is as follows:

On the initial scan of a character: PvP items are flagged as a "fail" to alert the viewer that the individual might be wearing their PvP gear - just as the <90 item fail is designed to alert the viewer that an individual might be wearing a vanity item. It is up to the users (both viewer and viewee) to understand things like item budget and stat weights.

On subsequent scans, an increase in PvP items that falls outside of the ilvl logic of the Audit tool will cause the Audit tool to ignore that character when updating. The logic behind it is that you are unlikely to take a significant ilvl drop to a PvP item just for more optimal secondary stats. Keep in mind, as previously mentioned, the tool already allows for at least a 14 ilvl drop in any given slot. The accepted drop may be percentage based or a hard numerical value - I'm not sure.

The bottom line is that the objective is not to discourage the use of PvP gear as a valid gearing strategy - I wore a blue PvP head for my Prot set until I was force fed a Thunderforged Parry/Dodge head in ToT. The objective is to retain data which is relevant to your raid group without having to constantly bug people to log out in their actual raid gear.

Right now we have 5 people logged out as something other than either their raid gear or raid spec. The audit skipped them when I just refreshed it and still allows me to see their raid gear ilvl, upgrade % and other unrelated Audit "fails".

Hope this helps, and if you have a situation where you believe the Audit is doing something that it shouldn't then drop him a feedback. He is a seriously logical dude and has no doubt tried to account for as many probable outcomes as possible.
Mordral

Postby Drotain » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:15 am

Site creator here!

At long last Custom Groups are functional and open for testing. This was by far the most requested addition to the site, so for those interested the test version of the site is available at http://test.guildaudit.com.

Quick note on the PVP gear discussion, Mordral covered my original intentions pretty well for flagging PVP gear. The main reason for treating PVP gear differently was to prevent a characters PVE set being overwritten by their PVP set. As such the audit only "updates" a character when their PVP item count goes down - or if their iLvl increased (even if they're wearing more PVP items than previously recorded). This allows for PVP gear to be used while gearing up a character. It flags them as an issue since the idea was that a PVP item may be an upgrade but not something you would want to keep long term, ideally a player would only use PVP upgrades transitionally.

All of this could be completely different in WoD, so I'm just waiting until more information comes out to decide what to change.
Drotain

Return to General