Why am I still set as offtank in gruuls lair?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Jereth » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:13 am

Jere, do you use all of those addons? I was planning on picking up Recount and SimpleCombatLog anyway...but wondered whether the other two would be useful as well, or if they do similar functions but presented differently?
Jereth
Maintankadonor

Postby Vagrant » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:38 pm

Get Assessment. It reads your combat log and doesn't chitchat with other people like Recount which only generates lag.
Vagrant

Postby jere » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:11 pm

Jereth wrote:Jere, do you use all of those addons? I was planning on picking up Recount and SimpleCombatLog anyway...but wondered whether the other two would be useful as well, or if they do similar functions but presented differently?

Most of them are similar. I would definitely pick up simple combat log and either recount or grim reaper.

I use:

Grim Reaper
SimpleCombatLog
Eavesdrop

because they each have something about them I like. I would check them all out and see which you like. Assessment is a good option as well.
jere

Postby Pallypete » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:31 am

Make sure you actually have healers assigned to the MT and the OT for Gruul. One problem we were having when we first started doing Gruul was we didn't specifically set healers to the OT, and when he got hit with a hurtful, they'd ALL switch to healing him, and the MT would get clobbered before he'd get a heal again. Should probably just have 2 healers full time on the OT, the rest on the MT.
Pallypete

Postby Katatonia » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:58 pm

Vagrant wrote:Get Assessment. It reads your combat log and doesn't chitchat with other people like Recount which only generates lag.

Syncing increases accuracy though, and unless you're on dial-up the lag isn't going to be noticable. If Assessment actually used less memory than Recount, I might have stuck with it, but since it's just as much of a memory hog I really didn't see the point.
Katatonia

Postby aybarra » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:09 am

Pallypete wrote:Make sure you actually have healers assigned to the MT and the OT for Gruul. One problem we were having when we first started doing Gruul was we didn't specifically set healers to the OT, and when he got hit with a hurtful, they'd ALL switch to healing him, and the MT would get clobbered before he'd get a heal again. Should probably just have 2 healers full time on the OT, the rest on the MT.

We have dedicated healers, I have 3 on me and the offtank had 2 but when I get smacked down to hard and die at around ~10th growth all healers in the raid go on druid instead. Maybe I should get more healers on me when he is above growth 8, I don't know.

BTW got an chance on maulgaur last time. wasent to hard. went down second try. First time I dont know what happened but I ended up tanking booth maulgaur and the shaman that polymorphed me all the time.
Finally the guilds seems to see what I can do.
aybarra

Postby juggi » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:00 am

Diocaska wrote:
I couldnt keep my HS up I had moroes trinket off cooldown too.

You're going to need to sort out a warrior intervening silences. Because its one of the main reasons why a warrior is better for this fight than a paladin. (Also charges for after ground slam of doom).

BTW I guess our DPS sucks cause when the druid finally died we were at growth 16 with gruul still 20% left.

At this point. He should be dead. DPS need to pick up their game.

Charge is actually bad on Gruul imo. The time it takes him to run to me is the time healers need to get in range if needed and have a heal casting. Having every healer in raid target MT and cast a heal after GS is huge for tank survivability, you just never know where your MT healers end up.
Also I've never tanked HKM. Our talents at picking up the hounds and keeping them off healers is just too good imo. Even though I hate that freakin job ).
juggi

Postby Diocaska » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:33 am

juggi wrote:
Diocaska wrote:
I couldnt keep my HS up I had moroes trinket off cooldown too.

You're going to need to sort out a warrior intervening silences. Because its one of the main reasons why a warrior is better for this fight than a paladin. (Also charges for after ground slam of doom).

BTW I guess our DPS sucks cause when the druid finally died we were at growth 16 with gruul still 20% left.

At this point. He should be dead. DPS need to pick up their game.

Charge is actually bad on Gruul imo. The time it takes him to run to me is the time healers need to get in range if needed and have a heal casting. Having every healer in raid target MT and cast a heal after GS is huge for tank survivability, you just never know where your MT healers end up.
Also I've never tanked HKM. Our talents at picking up the hounds and keeping them off healers is just too good imo. Even though I hate that freakin job ).

What we try do is have healers on the outer circle at all times, so after ground slam, they assume a position along the circle, which should put them in range of the tank. Since all healers at late stages should be on the tanks, its a question of having enough of the 7/8 healers on the circle.

But the point you raised is valid. But from previous experience, we've only ever had the tank die between ground slams. Never that I've seen within 10 seconds. (While using a warrior that is)
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Postby aybarra » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:44 am

Diocaska wrote:
What we try do is have healers on the outer circle at all times, so after ground slam, they assume a position along the circle, which should put them in range of the tank. Since all healers at late stages should be on the tanks, its a question of having enough of the 7/8 healers on the circle.

But the point you raised is valid. But from previous experience, we've only ever had the tank die between ground slams. Never that I've seen within 10 seconds. (While using a warrior that is)

So I should scream for more healers on me than 3 (after growth 8 maybe) since I seem to only have the ones dedicated to me all the time and after I'm dead all healers go on focusing on the offtank and we try to burn him down. Though its hard since when I die he still is around 30% and then he starts oneshotting the meleers until the OT is the only one in melee range. And then we are really screwed.
aybarra

Postby Diocaska » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:53 am

aybarra wrote:
Diocaska wrote:

So I should scream for more healers on me than 3 (after growth 8 maybe) since I seem to only have the ones dedicated to me all the time and after I'm dead all healers go on focusing on the offtank and we try to burn him down. Though its hard since when I die he still is around 30% and then he starts oneshotting the meleers until the OT is the only one in melee range. And then we are really screwed.

There is no reason for you to be dead before 12/13 Growths.

At 7/8 growths. the dps should be looking after themselves. We tell them to pot/healthstone/bandage at this point.

At 10 growths. All healers should be on you and the offtanks. HoT's should always be up incase of silence. But Im sure I had more than 3 healers on me after 8 growths.

So summary. At 8 growths. All healers should be on you and the offtank.
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Previous

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag