Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.4 lore and beyond [Spoilers]

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.4 - Flex Raid, Siege of Orgrimmar, and more!

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:40 am

Sagara wrote:About that spoiler:

Alliance being proud of Varian? You must not know the same playerbase I do. I have read (and not on the official forums) players arguing Varian should have had the new Warchief-BEG- for mercy, or that they should have made Org a new internment camp.

Also, I really did like that cinematic. Hoping Jaina sin't on the fast track to raid-boss-dom, and she'll merely be a foil for future Alliance stories.

I am conflicted about it.

On the one hand, i'm of the camp that the Horde should just gtfo all present and past Alliance held territory because seriously, we were here first and fuck the Orcs. I feel like after all the shit we endured at the hands of Garrosh's horde, we at least deserve reparations for Theramore.

On the other hand, the Horde is kind of fucked right now. The coup d'etat forces, made up almost entirely of the lesser Horde races (Forsaken, Elves, Tauren, Trolls) had to come in, with the Alliances help, and kill the majority of the Horde's military, as well as doing significant damage to their capital. There isn't much they COULD give even if they agreed to pay for Garrosh's crimes. Not to mention there really isn't anything they could do that could actually pay for the lost lives in Theramore. So it seems pointless.

As much as it pains me to say it, I can't help but feel Varian made the right call. There's no real point in sacrificing more Alliance lives to trying to crush the Horde now. The only thing I think we unequivocally should do, is get the Forsaken out of Gilneas and Hillsbrad. Varian says as much in one of the post-kill gossip boxes. If we could use the Siege of Orgrimmar as leverage to negotiate them out, or strike while they're weak to force them out, that would be optimal. (I'd love it if we could oust the Forsaken and reclaim Lordaeron/Tirisfal too, but that's probably impossible at this point.)

Really i think the Horde I hate most right now is the Forsaken/Sylvanas and her stupid plague. I have no beef with the Tauren (hohoho) and the Darkspears seem more than willing to leave us alone. The Orcs are pretty broken now and it's hard for me to care too hard about their land holdings. Same with the Goblins. The Elves of course I'm still pissed at but we have an understand and they keep to their own.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:20 am

I think someone should kill Malfurion. Ever since he came back, Tyrande became barely a step above arm candy, even tho they're married and such.

Tyrande's story became paralized with Malfurion's return... and in fact seems to have regressed.

Just throwing it out there.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Amirya » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:28 am

Tyrande was Not Prepared.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:29 am

Disagree about the Darkspears "willing to leave us alone".

Remember the dialogue with Voljin in 5.3: he says that "we might help each other to defeat Garrosh, but we're still enemyes".
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ruldar » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:45 am

Sabindeus wrote:The only thing I think we unequivocally should do, is get the Forsaken out of Gilneas and Hillsbrad. Varian says as much in one of the post-kill gossip boxes. If we could use the Siege of Orgrimmar as leverage to negotiate them out, or strike while they're weak to force them out, that would be optimal. (I'd love it if we could oust the Forsaken and reclaim Lordaeron/Tirisfal too, but that's probably impossible at this point.)

Oh man, that would be awesome. Everquest actually did something like that in one of its expansions. A Frog playable race got added at one point, and the developers revamped the evil-aligned Troll starting city into a good-aligned paladin Froglok starting city. Now that caused an uproar, and in the end it only lasted a few expansions before being reverted. Good times.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Re: Patch 5.4 lore and beyond [Spoilers]

Postby Worldie » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:26 am

Split from previous topic, feel free to talk freely as I included a [Spoilers] in the title.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:10 pm

Worldie wrote:Disagree about the Darkspears "willing to leave us alone".

Remember the dialogue with Voljin in 5.3: he says that "we might help each other to defeat Garrosh, but we're still enemyes".

I mean that's fair, I don't think the "enemy" status will ever go away. I guess the question is, will Varian's lack of action here end up just giving the Horde time to regroup so they can continue to wage war on the Alliance?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Worldie » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:11 pm

I'm sure we'll hear more about that *soon* (tm).

Next expansion might tell a lot about this.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:14 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Sagara wrote:About that spoiler:

Alliance being proud of Varian? You must not know the same playerbase I do. I have read (and not on the official forums) players arguing Varian should have had the new Warchief-BEG- for mercy, or that they should have made Org a new internment camp.

Also, I really did like that cinematic. Hoping Jaina sin't on the fast track to raid-boss-dom, and she'll merely be a foil for future Alliance stories.

I am conflicted about it.

On the one hand, i'm of the camp that the Horde should just gtfo all present and past Alliance held territory because seriously, we were here first and fuck the Orcs. I feel like after all the shit we endured at the hands of Garrosh's horde, we at least deserve reparations for Theramore.

On the other hand, the Horde is kind of fucked right now. The coup d'etat forces, made up almost entirely of the lesser Horde races (Forsaken, Elves, Tauren, Trolls) had to come in, with the Alliances help, and kill the majority of the Horde's military, as well as doing significant damage to their capital. There isn't much they COULD give even if they agreed to pay for Garrosh's crimes. Not to mention there really isn't anything they could do that could actually pay for the lost lives in Theramore. So it seems pointless.

As much as it pains me to say it, I can't help but feel Varian made the right call. There's no real point in sacrificing more Alliance lives to trying to crush the Horde now. The only thing I think we unequivocally should do, is get the Forsaken out of Gilneas and Hillsbrad. Varian says as much in one of the post-kill gossip boxes. If we could use the Siege of Orgrimmar as leverage to negotiate them out, or strike while they're weak to force them out, that would be optimal. (I'd love it if we could oust the Forsaken and reclaim Lordaeron/Tirisfal too, but that's probably impossible at this point.)

Really i think the Horde I hate most right now is the Forsaken/Sylvanas and her stupid plague. I have no beef with the Tauren (hohoho) and the Darkspears seem more than willing to leave us alone. The Orcs are pretty broken now and it's hard for me to care too hard about their land holdings. Same with the Goblins. The Elves of course I'm still pissed at but we have an understand and they keep to their own.

Why did you have to spoil all my agreement to your entire point by dissing elves :'-(
But yeah, some serious anti Forsaken action is more than due.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:24 pm

Sagara wrote:Why did you have to spoil all my agreement to your entire point by dissing elves :'-(
But yeah, some serious anti Forsaken action is more than due.

Because fuck the elves that's why

:P

Seriously though, the Elves would be the first race I'd accept an honest peace accords with if they were to propose it. We were coexisting fine until the third war.
Sabindeus

Postby Sagara » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:31 pm

Honestly, if the faction lines weren't so hard due to game mechanics, I'd pay good money to have those Alliance negociations succeed back in 5.1
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:56 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Seriously though, the Elves would be the first race I'd accept an honest peace accords with if they were to propose it. We were coexisting fine until the third war.

I don't know if Blood Elves can ever accept how the Alliance treated them at Illidan times.

As far as I know, Elves have long memory and value personal honor very high.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:10 pm

Worldie wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:Seriously though, the Elves would be the first race I'd accept an honest peace accords with if they were to propose it. We were coexisting fine until the third war.

I don't know if Blood Elves can ever accept how the Alliance treated them at Illidan times.

As far as I know, Elves have long memory and value personal honor very high.

It helps that the elves live for thousands of years, so they were alive when some of the slights actually happened.
---
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:21 pm

Push the forsaken and the orcs into the maelstrom, and I could get along with the rest of the horde..

I also wonder how Vol'jin will respond to the next wave of Zandalari if the leaks about "The Dark Below" are even partially correct..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:23 pm

I think that they need to kill several faction leaders to get the ball rolling.

Kill Malfurion, for the reasons I stated above. Kill Velen too, the Draenei might be forced to appear in stories if Velen is not there anymore. Kill Sylvannas too.
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General