Patch 5.4 lore and beyond [Spoilers]

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Patch 5.4 lore and beyond [Spoilers]

Postby bldavis » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:41 pm

Jabari wrote:3) How do you open up getting Shaohao rep?

since no one has touched this yet, in the starting quest, you talk to the emperor, that gets you 250 (i think) rep
the only other way is killing the yanguol ...and probably ordos

also (not sure if this has been covered yet or not0

SPOILER!!!!

the new warchief is who i was rooting for all along, Vol'jin! and Varian is a king alliance can be proud of in the cut scenes

End of spoiler

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Patch 5.4 - Flex Raid, Siege of Orgrimmar, and more!

Postby Sagara » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:37 pm

About that spoiler:

Alliance being proud of Varian? You must not know the same playerbase I do. I have read (and not on the official forums) players arguing Varian should have had the new Warchief-BEG- for mercy, or that they should have made Org a new internment camp.

Also, I really did like that cinematic. Hoping Jaina sin't on the fast track to raid-boss-dom, and she'll merely be a foil for future Alliance stories.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:18 am

Quite what I was hoping for. Satisfied with the ending, both horde and alliance wise, and quite "proud" of Wrynn's decision. Merciful, reasonable, but still yet stable and strong.

Totally loving the ending of the Pandaria storyline which has been awesome all along the expansion. Hope next expansion will be on par with this.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby cdan » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:58 am

Yet more excuses for the Alliance to prove their arrogant gobschitery. As if they weren't insufferable enough as it is. :(
cdan

Postby Worldie » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:03 am

Now I'm wondering what they'll do to Garrosh...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Andurin » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:26 am

Worldie wrote:Now I'm wondering what they'll do to Garrosh...

There is a vid on MMOchampion of what they did with him :) At least, I think that is him...
Andurin

Postby Ruldar » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:32 am

Sagara wrote:Also, I really did like that cinematic. Hoping Jaina sin't on the fast track to raid-boss-dom, and she'll merely be a foil for future Alliance stories.

No kidding. I honestly don't know if I could play a raid where she was a target.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:40 am

I would - I mean, I'm getting ready to off Nazgrim.

It's just that she'd be that much more interesting in an agressive position where all her smarts would be shown. Make her the human face of a peaceful revolt against Varian, deeming him unfit because he spared the Horde and refuses to make "the hard choice". Throw Genn and Tyrande in, tear the dwarves apart AGAIN on the issue. In short, make the Alliance intersting because of the Alliance, not because the Horde forces them to be interesting.

Sagara

Postby Worldie » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:41 am

Jaina to me seembs like becoming the "sylvanas" of the alliance, wanting to DESTROY the enemies, not giving a fuck about the how.

Though at this point, some tbc/wotlk locations make absolutely no sense time/lorewise, they should really get a bit of time to give a fix to the horrible anacronysm of the areas.

I liked what someone suggested on the forums (that got actually a blue reply saying it's a valid idea), to create a whole new content to level through 60-80, and let players visit TBC/WotLK areas through caverns of time if they fancyed.
However that would really literally require a whole expansion so doubt it will actually happen.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Teranoid » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:55 am

Ruldar wrote:
Sagara wrote:Also, I really did like that cinematic. Hoping Jaina sin't on the fast track to raid-boss-dom, and she'll merely be a foil for future Alliance stories.

No kidding. I honestly don't know if I could play a raid where she was a target.

I could. I'm as sick of her as I am of Thrall.

At least Thrall wasn't some whining psychotic bitch. Probably would enjoy it as much as Garrosh.. maybe more.
Teranoid

Postby Sagara » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:01 am

Teranoid wrote:I could. I'm as sick of her as I am of Thrall.

At least Thrall wasn't some whining psychotic bitch. Probably would enjoy it as much as Garrosh.. maybe more.

Speaking of Go'el, he got some pretty nice characterization this time around. He's cleary no longer the guy that washed up on the Barrens, or even the one we met at the Maelstrom. He "feels" older, more weary, not as gentle as his Cataclysm persona, but not quite as bright-eyed as the Warchief he was.

Sagara

Postby Fetzie » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:27 am

Sagara wrote:
Teranoid wrote:I could. I'm as sick of her as I am of Thrall.

Speaking of Go'el, he got some pretty nice characterization this time around. He's cleary no longer the guy that washed up on the Barrens, or even the one we met at the Maelstrom. He "feels" older, more weary, not as gentle as his Cataclysm persona, but not quite as bright-eyed as the Warchief he was.

Definitely not as gentle as in Cataclysm, he wanted to smash Garrosh' skull in. (highlight to read the spoiler, will be visible in quotes)
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby halabar » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:52 am

Dissapointed in the cinematic..

Varian - really... ready to off Thrall, but then almost cowers when Vol'jin suprises him.
Anduin - incoming neo-pacifisim
Jaina - no balls
Thrall - still stuck on the "internment camp" thing

Need to watch the horde version to see if Vol'jin has any redeeming qualities, despite my hatred of the horde.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:24 am

halabar wrote:Varian - really... ready to off Thrall, but then almost cowers when Vol'jin suprises him.

No way. He was just surprised. Not cowering. I really think you misread that
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Worldie » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:40 am

From my understanding Wrynn already had in mind what to say. He was just surprised to see Voljin instead of Thrall as warchief.

Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to General