Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:40 am

Random extra thing: Will of the Emperor (monk buff) also mimics motw/kings.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:40 am

Yeah, you could have ignored him after the initial exchange, you didn't have to egg him on like that.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Newsom » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:57 am

Nooska wrote:Sorry to say it, but that guy did not escalate it unreasonably - you kept it up and fired the kettled with a lot of condescending remarks there. Telling somone to "act their age" or even commenting on bing a "kid" is condescending and immature. And for all he saw, you got MotW with everyone else to begin with - wouldn't it just have been easier to say "I apparently zoned in after the buff was given"?

I have to agree here.

Also, you get mastery as long as you have a Shaman within 100 yards of you. Just buff kings next time.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Zalaria » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:07 am

Newsom wrote:
Nooska wrote:Sorry to say it, but that guy did not escalate it unreasonably - you kept it up and fired the kettled with a lot of condescending remarks there. Telling somone to "act their age" or even commenting on bing a "kid" is condescending and immature. And for all he saw, you got MotW with everyone else to begin with - wouldn't it just have been easier to say "I apparently zoned in after the buff was given"?

I have to agree here.

Also, you get mastery as long as you have a Shaman within 100 yards of you. Just buff kings next time.

Eh, in LFR there's a good chance of them all dying. I'd rather have kings/mark/legacy so it stays up if they die.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:12 am

While I'm not going to comment on the exchange itself, it would have been infinitely easier if the paladin/druid/monk just rebuffed. It's not like it costs a reagent, nor is it a huge mana drain, nor does it take a cast time.

I can say that while I've had some real winners in LFR during MoP, someone having a fit about someone else asking for a buff is one I've not run into (yet).
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:18 am

You have to run into people asking for a buff not present in raid yet ;)

I clearly remember one guy spamming for priest buff when we had no priest in raid (and we had warlocks who already had buffed their stam/sp buff as well)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amirya » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:41 am

LOL I've had that, Worldie. Usually followed almost immediately by, "Oh, nvm. No <insert class>."
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Lieris » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:44 am

Yep I could have ignored him but I was honestly bemused that someone would object so hard to me politely asking for a buff in raid chat and why MOTW was better than Kings. I also said that I didn't get MOTW in my first reply. I like to wind up people who rage at me and who try to start something over nothing whether it's this guy here or the T15 geared rogue who started insulting me for picking up quests at the instance entrance and then for pulling a pack that apparently didn't need to be pulled.

I am not going to suffer in silence nor am I going to get into a slagging match with them. I prefer to tell them that they are rude and acting like a child because that's exactly what those who get mad at total strangers in videogames are. I don't do it in anger, I am more bewildered in such situations than anything else.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Lieris » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:47 am

Amirya wrote:While I'm not going to comment on the exchange itself, it would have been infinitely easier if the paladin/druid/monk just rebuffed. It's not like it costs a reagent, nor is it a huge mana drain, nor does it take a cast time.

Well indeed (he was a paladin). That's the amusement. That he would rather start something in LFR over a polite request for a buff that he could provide but wouldn't because he thinks Kings isn't as good as MOTW. This from a paladin who raids hard modes!

Zalaria wrote:Eh, in LFR there's a good chance of them all dying. I'd rather have kings/mark/legacy so it stays up if they die.

Quite. With only a couple of monks and seemingly 6+ paladins in every LFR the choice is obvious.

bldavis wrote:just for the future, you can ignore them and they will be ignored no matter what server they are one by right clicking their name in chat...
if that doesnt work you can always report him for language, being he cussed at you and used sexist language

the really easy thing would have been just to give you kings/mark though :/

The right click method doesn't work for me. :( I tried doing that very early on in the exchange. Guess I have to type it by hand in future.

Looking back I probably should have reported him but at the time I was really nonchalent about it and didn't really care too much. I actually started laughing when he began spamming damage meters in raid chat and calling my DPS bad.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Jabari » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:01 pm

Worldie wrote:You have to run into people asking for a buff not present in raid yet ;)

I clearly remember one guy spamming for priest buff when we had no priest in raid (and we had warlocks who already had buffed their stam/sp buff as well)

Does this count?

Was in an LFR yesterday with my warrior, and a couple guildies, all queued as DPS. Killed Tortos. Start to go through the fun fun LFR Maegara trash - knock down first bell, then someone pulls a Burrower and a bunch of other stuff going to the next bell (as usual). Both tanks immediately leave the group (while we're fighting that stuff). The pali-guildie and I switch to tank spec, go through the rest of the trash, get to Maegara.

He puts into raid: "Earth Shield please".

Guess how many shaman healers were in the group. :lol:

(Aside: Those tank spots NEVER filled - it was looking the whole rest of the time. We finished up 3 people short as a healer left after Maegara and it didn't fill that spot either.)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Nooska » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:46 am

Lieris wrote: Looking back I probably should have reported him but at the time I was really nonchalent about it and didn't really care too much. I actually started laughing when he began spamming damage meters in raid chat and calling my DPS bad.

That might just have ended with a suspension on your part (- possibly "as well", but you would never know if he got a suspension)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Amirya » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:28 pm

Lieris wrote:I actually started laughing when he began spamming damage meters in raid chat and calling my DPS bad.

Thank you for reminding me!

So I did LFR MSV on my mage on...Saturday? First time I took her into MSV, because I was disillusioned with mages by the time I did some heroics on her (I despise the level 90 talents). So she has an average ilvl 468, I haven't played her in a group setting in months, and I'm doing a pathetic 60kish dps. I know it's bad. I'm chalking it up to lack of experience, rustiness, and probably a good dose of apathy.

When we get to Will, everyone is sucking hardcore (our top dps is a hunter at 55k; I'm at #4 with 48k or so). Tanks are dying, most dps are ignoring adds and dying to the Emperors that are swiping in the middle of the raid group because the tanks either 1) suck or 2) died, it's a clusterfuck of chaos. After the inevitable wipe, one of the other mages pipes up: "GUYS, we need more DPS!"

I almost cried with laughter, this guy's dps was worse than mine - somewhere around 40k or so.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:19 pm

Did i mention I once got kicked on lei shen lfr on my priest cause I was "mr 40k dps" and too low dps, and everyone agreed with the lemming?

Sad part was, I was on the last step of Part 3 of the legendary, so I had to requeue and do the whole LFR again.
After which, I swore I'd never set foot in that LFR anymore.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amirya » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:58 pm

I generally don't care for LFR. I go as elemental on my shaman (and just set loot spec to resto), and don't bother reforging/regemming/re-enchanting gear. Sadly, I apparently do pretty damn well anyway lol

So, was your priest disc or shadow? (It's funnier if it's disc)
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:35 pm

Disc obviously. And i was queueing as healer.

Since that group failed badly anyway before kicking me after 2 wipes, maybe better as I don't know how many stacks of tenacity they'd have needed to kill it anyway.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General