Remove Advertisements

SoT still useless?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

SoT still useless?

Postby Diceone » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:19 pm

I don't have the time to get on the PTR much and was wondering if anyone has had a chance to test out the dmg as self-healing trinket?

I was curious if there's enough damage from SoT these days to make an argument to switch from SoI to SoT with that trinket to replace the healing from SoI. I know last time I played around with SoT on live it was garbage but that may have changed?

Anyways, just looking to see if anyone has tried stuff on the PTR regarding that interaction.
Sholdice of [H] Static on US-Arthas
Diceone

Re: SoT still useless?

Postby Slootbag » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:29 am

Been testing the trinket, it's been returning alot less HP than it says. Either AoE or some skills are flagged to not return health, or it's bugged (returning only like 0.75%).
Slootbag

Postby Noxiye » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:50 am

And SoT would have to do pretty insane damage to warrant switching from SoI, seeing as the trinket doesn't only work on the premises that SoT is up.

If Sloot's testing is correct (0.75% damage as healing) SoT would have to do (assuming SoI does 50k HPS) about 6.6 million DPS to result in more healing. Obviously, that would make the trinket extremely bad, but even at 10% of damage as healing, SoT would have to do 500k DPS to beat SoI in raw healing output, whereas it's currently at around 5k, if I'm not mistaken.
Noxiye

Postby Diceone » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:56 am

So the tooltips over on wowhead seem to be a bit bugged but I thought I saw the rough estimate at being 30% (just the buggy tooltips showing it so not entirely sure). Under that idea SoT doesn't have to do that much to make it an attractive alternative, especially after battle healer is basically going away for us.

If you've got any more testing done sloot the information would be extremely helpful. The extra dps + minor loss in self-heals could make it an actual option. That said I know SoT is pretty bad right now but I'd be curious to see how it pans out.
Sholdice of [H] Static on US-Arthas
Diceone

Postby Thels » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:43 pm

You're not thinking straight here.

The trinket is supposed to trade damage to healing at a 1:1 ratio, correct?

Changing SoI to SoT is trading damage to healing at a much more beneficial ratio.

If 100% of SoT damage was converted by the trinket, SoI would still come ahead in healing output.

And we're getting far from 100% of SoT damage, and we already established that the healing from SoI is better than the damage output from SoT. Since a part of SoT's damage is already converted to healing (but would be better converted by switching to SoI), the damage to healing tradeoff from going from SoT to SoI would be even better.
ImageImage
Thels

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations