2%
Flex + LFR
19%
N/H + flex + LFR
16%

Total votes : 43

Re: What will you run?

Postby econ21 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:15 pm

I'm not sure what I'll run. In a way, they are not competing activities for me: Flex at least initially will be a guild thing, and my guild raids only once a week, while LFR is essentially a solo activity I can do whenever. So I'm not really fearing the "burn out" thing that sparked the long Flex/LFR thread.

However, heroic scenarios have already taken a big dent out of the attractiveness of LFR for me. I used to think it was the most interesting way to get VPs. But hc scens are just SO much more time efficient, I am not sure I can be bothered with LFR anymore. Also, it feels like LFR gear will be much less of an upgrade for my gear (522+2/2) than it was before. Is it just 2 item levels better? Not sure I want to spend 500 VPs per piece upgrading to get that.

I suspect I will run only LFR a few times for orientation; perhaps more if there are any more fights like Will of the Emperor where practicing as a tank would be really useful.

Ideally, my guild will be able to focus on normals and Flex will take off like ICC PUGs, so I can join them in weekend nights when my guild is not raiding. But that may take consolidated servers for that to happen as my server is pretty dead.
econ21

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:21 pm

Worldie wrote:Flex, maybe occasionally LFR :P

I'm done with organized raiding for a bit :)

This for me as well. :D
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:24 pm

One other factor that was really ignored in the other thread.. if you have your damn cape, there's a lot less reason to be running LFR, as you will only run what you need to fill specific slots.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Probably just LFR for me, with a little Flex if I have the time to jump onto someone's cross realm run
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Amirya » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:06 pm

I marked all three, because I really don't know. Depends on my guildmaster and if his tolerance for absentee BS is lower or higher than mine.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Thels » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:59 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:LFR for valor.

But doesn't really matter, since I never even log in now.

It tells. :P

Going from 0 to 1000 valor is just running a couple of HC Scenarios. You can Valor cap within the hour. LFR is such a slow method to cap, I don't think anyone is running it purely for valor at this point. Sure, the valor is a nice extra if you happen to run it, but nothing more.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:08 am

You missed the bit about not wanting to have the hassle of forming an organised group for things. I don't do Heroic Scenarios.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Thels » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:02 am

Form a group, yes. Organized group, not at all required. I'll just post LF 2 DPS HC Scenario in /trade, and invite the first two that respond.

Up to you, of course.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Winkle » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:52 am

Even if you wanted to be picky, the 5 minutes it would take you to find 2 people for a HC SCN is still a factor of 5 less than the time you'd be in the LFR queue.

It's interesting to see that LFR will still have its place though, perhaps when only the people who actually want to run it, run it, it'll be a nicer experience for all involved.
Winkle

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:25 am

Considering that most of the people who run LFR are kids that know nothing of teamplay and yell GOGOGOGOGO every 2 minutes, not sure if it'll be a nicer experience.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Winkle » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:27 am

Worldie wrote:Considering that most of the people who run LFR are kids that know nothing of teamplay and yell GOGOGOGOGO every 2 minutes, not sure if it'll be a nicer experience.

I'd always assumed the gogogo crowd were those who raided at other levels and thus considered lfr below them or a chore, perhaps they're just kids afterall.

At least if the experience isn't one you enjoy flex open up the opportunity for a better experience for potentially very little headache.
Winkle

Postby Fetzie » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:29 am

I can forsee organized guilds and the "good" players running semi-random/audited PuG flex raids for the items, leaving LFR to those that couldn't move their character in a straight line if there was a 1 meter width corridor with no exits.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Anub'arak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Shoju » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:28 am

GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO was something that killed the fun for me.

It drove me insane, to the point where I would slow down when they started it. I was a pretty fast pulling tank. To say that to me, showed you knew nothing about how other classes, or the game in general, worked outside of your little bubble.
Shoju

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:49 am

Honestly the reason I stopped tanking in LFR was because no one cared to explain the fights and I couldn't pull and read the dungeon journal at the same time. One time I said "Hey guys can anyone explain this boss to me, I've never done him" and someone actually inspected me, called me a noob with bad gear, and votekicked me from the raid. So now unless I'm feeling confident I just queue as Ret and herp all the derps and no one cares.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby cdan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:05 am

Sabindeus wrote:Honestly the reason I stopped tanking in LFR was because no one cared to explain the fights and I couldn't pull and read the dungeon journal at the same time. One time I said "Hey guys can anyone explain this boss to me, I've never done him" and someone actually inspected me, called me a noob with bad gear, and votekicked me from the raid. So now unless I'm feeling confident I just queue as Ret and herp all the derps and no one cares.

This is exactly why my un-retirement from raid tanking lasted about 20 minutes.
cdan

PreviousNext

Return to General