Remove Advertisements

What will you run?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

What will you run (regularly)?

Normal/Heroic only
1
2%
Flex only
1
2%
LFR only
5
12%
N/H + flex
20
47%
N/H + LFR
1
2%
Flex + LFR
8
19%
N/H + flex + LFR
7
16%
 
Total votes : 43

What will you run?

Postby Winkle » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:12 am

So the LFR/Flex/Normal/HC thread stretches on, however i'm intrigued to know what people will actually run.

I personally will now only run N/HC + flex. I don't plan on visiting LFR again, it's just so impersonal, it's almost an oxymoron. I've barely run it this tier but I'm looking forward to flex. It should be a fun way to get the social members of our guild more involved in the raiding scene, i know they're looking forward to its introduction too.
Winkle
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Re: What will you run?

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:16 am

Flex, maybe occasionally LFR :P

I'm done with organized raiding for a bit :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13347
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: What will you run?

Postby daishan » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:24 am

I voted N/H + Flex but if I still need the stam cd reduction trinket when that wing of lfr opens I'll have to go and kill that boss on lfr >.<
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
User avatar
daishan
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:04 pm
Location: UK

Re: What will you run?

Postby Fetzie » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:32 am

N/H and Flex if I can be arsed.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2183
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: What will you run?

Postby Winkle » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:00 am

daishan wrote:I voted N/H + Flex but if I still need the stam cd reduction trinket when that wing of lfr opens I'll have to go and kill that boss on lfr >.<


Interesting you mentioned that trinket http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=105070, i was just looking at it after perusing Kerriodos's loot sheet. Even the lfr version at 16% could be absurdly powerful depending on the fight. And 2328 stam isn't to shabby either.
Winkle
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Re: What will you run?

Postby Thels » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:08 am

I've clicked N/H+Flex, because that's likely what I'll be running for quite a while, on both main and alt. Flex might be something I could jump into just to tag along with friends even if there are no loot upgrades for me (though obviously by then I won't run every wing every week, and I'll prefer to come on the character that can actually use loot there).

I will run the entire LFR once just to have run it once, I guess. After that, I might revisit some wings if they provide an actual upgrade for my main character's main spec. Considering I'm currently in 542 gear, that is likely only going to be trinkets, and possibly a tier piece.
ImageImage
User avatar
Thels
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:30 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: What will you run?

Postby Fetzie » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:26 am

Winkle wrote:
daishan wrote:I voted N/H + Flex but if I still need the stam cd reduction trinket when that wing of lfr opens I'll have to go and kill that boss on lfr >.<


Interesting you mentioned that trinket http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=105070, i was just looking at it after perusing Kerriodos's loot sheet. Even the lfr version at 16% could be absurdly powerful depending on the fight. And 2328 stam isn't to shabby either.


Way better than the absorb effect from the Lei Shen trinket with equivalent stamina :)
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2183
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: What will you run?

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:29 am

I'm not too fond on the cd red trinket.

Fights are supposedly tuned without having that in mind, so if a certain fight demands cd sequences, you'd just end up waiting longer for them.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13347
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: What will you run?

Postby daishan » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:41 am

Worldie wrote:I'm not too fond on the cd red trinket.

Fights are supposedly tuned without having that in mind, so if a certain fight demands cd sequences, you'd just end up waiting longer for them.


That's true for GotAK, DS, BoP and maybe AD, but I'd argue we'll be using DP more ore less on cd while we're tanking as it'll have a base cd of only 30 sec in 5.4 so much less need to save it for specific boss abilities.
Hard to say how we'll use wings.

Sry for derailing the thread a little
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
User avatar
daishan
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:04 pm
Location: UK

Re: What will you run?

Postby Nooska » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:20 am

Flex/lfr - I'm donw with trying to get into (more) organized raiding - I'll do LFR for "kicks", and do Flex when I can, like with the MT flex group that seems to be forming :)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: What will you run?

Postby Thels » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:21 am

Perhaps it applies to GoAK and AD, though fights rarely align themselves to our cooldowns. I can certainly imagine situations where a reduction allows us to squeeze in an additional GoAK or AD at moments that are useful to us.

DS/BoP are actually abilities where it would shine. Both cause forebearance, so the absolute highest frequency we can use them is 1/minute.

However, to achieve DS/BoP every minute, your rotation will have to look something like: DS - BoP - External - DS - External - External - Repeat. This requires at least 2 other paladins in the raid, one of which is running Clemency, with almost all BoPs reserved for you.

A more likely rotation will be optimizing DS, so it will look something like: DS - BoP - DS - External - Repeat. This will reset stacks on average once per 1m 15s, rather than every minute, but only requires so much as a single other paladin without Clemency. Here the trinket would squeeze down on that 1m 15s, bringing it closer to 1m, and allowing us to reset our stacks more often.
ImageImage
User avatar
Thels
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:30 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: What will you run?

Postby Newsom » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:21 am

I will run ALL the things! Though I'm going to skip LFR as much as possible.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 817
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: What will you run?

Postby Dion » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:24 am

LFR only. I value my free time very very high and rest of modes are just waste of it.
Dion
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:23 pm

Re: What will you run?

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:10 am

This should be qualified for what toons.. mains, or mains and alts...

On my main, I don't really need to run LFR, as all gear is at least 522 already, except for two tier slots, which hopefully will be filled before that wing of LFR opens.

The alts? a few will be running LFR, once there's time.

But I also expect Timeless Ilse to take up all my time on my main for quite a while, so alts aren't going to see LFR for at least the first 2 months.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9376
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: What will you run?

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:32 am

Dion
Image


@hala: I'm sure he was referring to the main.

It's obvious not many people have access to more than the odd FLex/normal on alts ;)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13347
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest