Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Hearthstone

Postby Jabari » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:15 pm

Anyone get ahold of a beta key?

Watched the trailer and sample match - this looks way, way too close to MtG for copyright purposes to me. *shrug*
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Orthien » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:19 pm

Nothing yet for me, but I can't wait to get my hands on this game.

One of my friends had put off learning about the game assuming it was an online version of the TCG. His mate got into the beta and after watching a game my friend is now very excited for this too.
Orthien

Postby Barathorn » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:58 am

In the meantime you can play the open beta of Solforge [by a colaboration of people who made Ascention and Magic the Gathering] via steam and I have to say it plays well and looks miles better than Hearthstone.

Add to this the backlash from the WOW TCG being cancelled and I expect Hearthstone to be an unpleasent place on the European Servers when it goes into open beta.

I will give Hearthstone a go but I think Solforge pretty much nailed it.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby sahiel » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:07 am

I gave SolForge a go but... it just didn't grab me. It could well just be that it's still beta and there's stuff not implemented yet, but for some reason the gameplay seemed rather bland. It's odd as I'm not sure what I can really call out as not being fun but I have it an hour and a half and it never once really excited me despite the fact I really like the 'level up' mechanic intellectually, in practice it just didn't really seem interesting. Especially compared to say, Duel of Champions, which I played the crap out of and still go back to now and then I just can't see myself logging back into SolForge unless there are big changes.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:40 am

Sagara taps 3 Swamps.
Sagara cast Necropotence on this thread.

Beta key - Get! Hit me for my Btag and let's get dueling. just be patient if I got the kid to handle ;-)
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Flex » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am

Is Hearthstone region split like WoW and D3?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sagara » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:51 pm

Flex wrote:Is Hearthstone region split like WoW and D3?

Doesn't look like it.
Maybe try and it me on Sagara#2842?

Sagara

Postby Flex » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:01 pm

Sagara wrote:

Doesn't look like it.

I'm not currently in it. Blizzard does not agree with my mother that I am special.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:16 pm

ill try to add you as soon as i can get it to install

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:45 pm

Sagara wrote:

Doesn't look like it.

The simple fact it allows you to log with the same battletag as wow-d3-sc2 means it is region wide :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:42 pm

*shakes fist* CURSES!

Sagara

Postby bldavis » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:00 am

anyone else having issues getting it to install?

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Sagara » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:17 pm

Got zero trouble installing. What I DID get the first day were trouble logging, but apparently the server was having hissy fits.

I'm up to 9W/4L over the weekend, plus defeated all the Expert AI (DAMN Uther can be a bitch). Mages can be annoying as all hell, but that went easier as I got used to counting Poly/Flamestrikes and bait them with Blessings.

Sagara

Postby sahiel » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:12 pm

Just started playing it and it's pretty fun so far, Warrior decks seem to be able to get really powerful if you can't keep up constant attacks on them. The 'add 2 armour' stacking can be incredibly hard to break through if they have enough Taunt enabled minions to keep them safe.

Still working my way through getting all the classes their full 20 basic cards so I'm a total noob, but enjoying it nonetheless! Oh, and btag is Suthainn#1333 if anyone wants someone to crush, US region.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:33 pm

im still working on the classes as well, so dont feel too bad.

will add you when i play later tonight

bldavis

Next

Return to Other Games