WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:48 pm

Newsom wrote:I'd be pretty pissed if we don't get a free character customization on every character when the new models come out.

You'll probably get that free, but, if you want to change to an Iron Dwarf, or a Ice Troll, that will cost ya..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby bldavis » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:51 pm

that could be interesting...
what sub-races do you think they would add?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Paxen » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:00 pm

bldavis wrote:that could be interesting...
what sub-races do you think they would add?

Iron Dwarf and/or Earthen
Frost Dwarf
Wildhammer Dwarf
Dark Iron Dwarf

Mechagnome

Ice Troll
Sandfury and/or Zandalari Troll
Forest Troll unless they're too similar to Jungle Trolls

Brown orc (Mag'har)
Black orc (Dragonmaw)

Elf/dwarf/gnome Forsaken

Taunka
Yaungol

I don't think they'll add Iron Dwarfs, and I'm unsure of Zandalari trolls at this point. Maybe Zandalari could work if subraces are added after a big defeat of the Zandalari empire.

The big problems with a lot of these (Ice Trolls, Taunka, Yaoungol especially, but more as well) is that the normal starting zone makes zero sense. I can't quite see them making new starting zones for each subrace.
Paxen

Postby Darielle » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:18 pm

The sub-races concept is bad, and 99% not even something Blizzard would do. Not only would it be a horrific burden to introduce, and more controversial than updating race models, it would pretty much break the feel of the game unless they put Cataclysm-level work into revamping starting areas.
Darielle

Postby Flex » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:12 pm

Darielle wrote:The sub-races concept is bad, and 99% not even something Blizzard would do. Not only would it be a horrific burden to introduce, and more controversial than updating race models, it would pretty much break the feel of the game unless they put Cataclysm-level work into revamping starting areas.

I could see it with a path of the titans type reward.

Say for instance you level a Dwarf to max level and you unlock the sub race option for the dwarves allowing you to one time change your current character or start a dwarf with that sub-race from the start. One issue is that they rarely make female models of sub-races so that'd be extra work on top of new existing racial models.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Paxen » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:20 am

If they really did implement Path of the Titans like the posts says...(and I think it's a hoax)

Subraces could be unlocked, and they start in the capital at level 10, newly arrived immigrants. Then you'd only need one NPC per subrace that quickly explains your abilities and your backstory. Doesn't get around the problem of female models.

Variant orcs, dwarfs and trolls are mostly down to coloring anyway.
Paxen

Postby Barathorn » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:28 am

I just want to play a Murloc.

Is that too much to ask?
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:01 am

Murlocs are a primordial race, don't have any technology or anything, doubt that'd be ever viable

However in Pandaria we learned that Jinyus evolved from Murlocs so... maybe play a Jinyu? :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby cdan » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:24 am

I want to play a Hozen and the racial will have to be "Poo Fling - hurl your feces at the enemy, causing them to flee and lower their opinion of you significantly".
cdan

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:58 am

Still want Furbolg and either the original Dragonmen, or Sauroks since they use the same model and more work has been put into them already.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:52 am

Sauroks arent really "civilized", they wouldn't fit anywhere in the playable races ;)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:17 am

Worldie wrote:Sauroks arent really "civilized", they wouldn't fit anywhere in the playable races ;)

Neither are the dirty orcs!
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:19 am

Orcs have a quite complex social system and good technology / knowledge of magic actually :P Just looks very primal

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:46 am

Flex wrote:
Worldie wrote:Sauroks arent really "civilized", they wouldn't fit anywhere in the playable races ;)

Neither are the dirty orcs!

This Flex! I love this! AMEN!
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Lieris » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:20 pm

halabar wrote:Ima just gonna leave this here....

http://pastebin.com/vszFYq2p

Almost certainly fake but whoever fabricated it obviously loves the game. I would love an expansion like that.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General