Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Flex » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:43 pm

Pretty sure this is why they host it still.

We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:24 pm

Bank of America decided to just transfer my mortgage to another company... WTF...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Lieris » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:00 pm

People who call new tanks "retards" in LFR raid chat instead of calmly explaining to them what they are doing wrong. It hasn't even been directed at me (I am mostly DPSing to get a feel for the bosses first) but that sort of behaviour really pisses me off. Gross.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:33 pm

close friend dealing with another friend that is being a dick, and i am powerless to do anything....i hate feeling so fucking helpless

and yes i know this should go in relationships but its a frustration dammit!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby econ21 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:01 pm

My WoW connection is getting really unreliable. I usually DC once or twice a raid night, usually at a critical point (Durumu start of maze; Lei Shen p3 etc), which is not what you want in a tank. Plus random DCs when soloing, sometimes getting unplayable like just now (DC every 1 min). I don't know what to do - I disable recount, go to low settings and that can help on Lei Shen etc. But other times, I haven't a clue - every disabling all addons, I still DC.

I have a decent computer and a wide broadband connection, so it's unlikely to be hardware.
econ21

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:05 pm

I keep getting worse ads here on maintankadin... now I am getting ads that want to create a pop-up window.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:35 am

"tanks" in leveling dungeons that cant hold aggro on a single mob, constantly lost, skip bosses, and then ask why you are so mad when you ask them to do quests...
its like im not mad...you are just making my head hurt from all the fucking head-desking i am doing.

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Era » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:01 am

bldavis wrote:"tanks" in leveling dungeons that cant hold aggro on a single mob, constantly lost, skip bosses, and then ask why you are so mad when you ask them to do quests...
its like im not mad...you are just making my head hurt from all the fucking head-desking i am doing.

I wish people would be a little bit more humble. There's nothing wrong with warning your group that you might have trouble keeping aggro, or that you've never been in the dungeon before and might need some help with the way and/or tactics! Most people will be nice about it. If people then call you a noob or something, then at least you know you did your best and that they're probably just incurable dicks.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Sagara » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:13 am

For the record, though, I'm having horrible problems with aggro on my mage on AoE packs - 4 stacked Arcane Explo with extra range is BIG.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:35 am

I never had problem on any of my 4 tanks to hold aggro even from 500+ geared dps, despite most are stuck at 460ish ilvl.

All you need is to get in first and be able to actually press 2 buttons (swipe/trash for bear, sck/keg smash for monk, hotr/cons for pala, tc/shockwave for war, bloodboil/d&d for dk), and to go first.

If the dps is very high, chances are the pack is already dead before the strong aoe gets aggro.

If a tank manages to lose threat nowadays he's just bad in my opinion. :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:55 am

warriors at low level - ok ill give you that one
same with bears

but a paladin?
really?
esp after you get HotR, there is no excuse to not be able to keep aggro

a lot of those 2 buttons that worldie said arent snap threat, but as long as you pulled you should be able to keep aggro
and like i said in my first post..its not ebing able to even hold a SINGLE MOB that i had issues with..if you have issues holding a back before you class gets its main aoe threat ability, ok..dps should help focus on your target..but a single mob that shouldnt be an issue

i do agree that if you are new to tanking and/or the instance, SAY SO! i will be more than happy to help! but if you just blindly charge in, skipping most of the mobs we need to pull to even unlock bosses to finish, or lose a pack, say fuck it and pull another one while your dps and healer are all tanking mobs...yeah that is what i was posting about..THOSE "tanks"

bldavis

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:02 am

Pala has an even easier time than other tanks as AS hits damn hard and packs with more than 3 mobs are very rare.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:56 am

Worldie wrote:Pala has an even easier time than other tanks as AS hits damn hard and packs with more than 3 mobs are very rare.

exactly, if they cant keep control of just one as a paladin, there is something wrong

bldavis

Postby Nooska » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:15 am

They never trained Righteous Fury.. oh wait..
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Flex » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:18 am

Had a pally tank complain that the better geared, reforged and gemmed Brewmaster tank should OT since he had less health. Once I whispered that the BM was geared better I got the typical "I've been doing this long enough and there are many ways to do it" reply. Sure, but none of the ways really involve not capping hit and expertise and gemming for parry. He then told me my DPS sucked on Durumu, I actually run around to kill adds and intercept Life Drain all while rocking a T14 2her, and put me on ignore.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to General